The HINDU DHARMA FORUMS for discussion of Sanatana Dharma, Hindu Religion and Indian Culture. [link to HDF home]  

Go Back   Hindu Dharma Forums > Sanatana Dharma > Philosophy > Advaita
Join Us! Rules/FAQ Library Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advaita Forum for discussion of Advaita Philosophy and Monism.

will i get moksha?

Old 11 November 2009, 11:41 PM
BHAVANI TVAM

amith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharma
will i get moksha?

hi.
i have so many questions but dont know where to start.only six months ago,i didnt know the real meaning or objective of the sanatana dharma.i thought the vedas were just verses or hymns for chanting and/or sacrifices.I knew there was something called the upanishads but i thought they were merely some stories.one fine day i came across the editorial of the monthly magazine of the ramakrishna mission,viveka prabha,which contained the yaagnavalkya-maitreyi samvaada.my mind was blown away instantly.without wasting much time i flipped through the e-pages of the upanishads and now it is raining questions inside my head.

first Q:where should i start?no matter where i start,my ahankaara seems to grow even more.how to contain this?
Old 12 November 2009, 07:40 AM
bhaktar

Eastern Mind has disabled reputation
Re: will i get moksha?

Namaste amith.
Welcome to these forums.
You already started! The wise advise to start a spiritual practise small and let it grow. Maybe 5 minutes a day sitting still in a sacred place (which cam be any place) and 3 minutes of reading some scripture. Soon the forces of nature will guide you to which path you, as an individual, are best suited to. Yes, you will attain moksha, if not in this lifetime, the next, or the next. it is each soul's destiny.

Aum Namasivaya
Old 12 November 2009, 09:32 AM
Self Seeker

devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !

Namaste Amith,

Welcome to this forum !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
You already started! The wise advise to start a spiritual practise small and let it grow. Maybe 5 minutes a day sitting still in a sacred place (which cam be any place) and 3 minutes of reading some scripture. Soon the forces of nature will guide you to which path you, as an individual, are best suited to. Yes, you will attain moksha, if not in this lifetime, the next, or the next. it is each soul's destiny.
Well said, EM ! Every soul is destined to attain Moksha. We all are going towards that knowingly or unknowingly. That is the ONLY final destination for all of us. Now, how much time it would take, depends on whether we are making efforts in that direction or in opposite direction.

OM
Old 12 November 2009, 10:20 AM
OM Gam Ganapatye Namaha

Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !Spiritualseeker is surely an avatara !

OM OM OM !
Old 12 November 2009, 12:02 PM

kd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharma

Moksha is being discussed again . Ganesh pd.ji hinted to 8.21 of gita and Saidevoji also explained nicely . EMji boldly says , today or tomorrow every soul is destined to get moksha . I agree with the point , because gita 8.21 is conditional and condition is YO MAM SMARATI , then what with other souls which are other than human form . So I find that moksha , which explained as per shruti , is a myth .
Old 12 November 2009, 10:20 PM
BHAVANI TVAM

amith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharmaamith vikram is advanced in sanatana dharma

namaste all,
I have already started with a bit of dhyana everyday,chanting aum and i have also resumed with my gayathri japa.
i have my second question:
If the 'I' and all the otherthings are born out of 'agnana' or ignorance,when was this ignorance first born?
thanks
Old 12 November 2009, 10:50 PM
Self Seeker

devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !devotee is surely an avatara !

Namaste Amith,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amith vikram View Post
If the 'I' and all the other things are born out of 'agnana' or ignorance,when was this ignorance first born?
thanks
The questions like, "When did this creation happen ?", "When was this ignorance first born ?", "When will this creation end ?" are actually invalid questions.

These questions arise from our conditioned way of thinking. It is like, "when I am there, I must be born at some point of time" ! And when you come to know that you were actually never born, it appears so ridiculous to accept ! But if everything has an origin then how come there be an unborn God ?

The SELF, the Reality has, had & will always have four parts : Waking state, Dreaming state, Prajna state & the untainted Turiya state. The ignorance is the characteristic of the SELF within the first two states. There is nothing which was ever created & there is nothing which will be ever destroyed (Sounds too much Physics than spirituality ?). The forms & the states will keep on changing .... apparently ..... but there is actually nothing changing.

OM
Old 12 November 2009, 11:00 PM

kd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharmakd gupta is advanced in sanatana dharma

Quote:
namaste all,
I have already started with a bit of dhyana everyday,chanting aum and i have also resumed with my gayathri japa.
i have my second question:
If the 'I' and all the otherthings are born out of 'agnana' or ignorance,when was this ignorance first born?
thanks

You and your all friends of the same age group are supposed for performing duty as said below . The gyan and dhyan [ knowledge and meditation ] comes automatically...
Tasmaad asaktah satatam kaaryam karma samaachara;
Asakto hyaacharan karma param aapnoti poorushah.
Therefore, without attachment, do thou always perform action which should be done;
for, by performing action without attachment man reaches the Supreme. gita 19/3
Old 13 November 2009, 02:12 AM
BHAVANI TVAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
You and your all friends of the same age group are supposed for performing duty as said below . The gyan and dhyan [ knowledge and meditation ] comes automatically...
Tasmaad asaktah satatam kaaryam karma samaachara;
Asakto hyaacharan karma param aapnoti poorushah.
Therefore, without attachment, do thou always perform action which should be done;
for, by performing action without attachment man reaches the Supreme. gita 19/3
I agree.but what about my question?they say clear your doubts by asking the guru.only that way can we get some knowledge..
Old 13 November 2009, 05:22 AM
No longer posting here

Onkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soulOnkara is a blessed soul

Quote:
I agree.but what about my question?they say clear your doubts by asking the guru.only that way can we get some knowledge..
Welcome Amith Vikram.
Which question remains, is it this one "first Q:where should i start?no matter where i start,my ahankaara seems to grow even more.how to contain this? "

If so then do not add concern to your challange. I suggest you watch ahankaara, it grows as your attention falls on it. For example you say "what now?" and it replies "reading the post" and so on. It appears to be growing because you have become more aware of yourself. This is good. There is no reason to fight it for the moment. Instead watch it as you go about your daily life.

Meditation is good.