The HINDU DHARMA FORUMS for discussion of Sanatana Dharma, Hindu Religion and Indian Culture. [link to HDF home]  

Go Back   Hindu Dharma Forums > Sanatana Dharma > Philosophy > Vishishtadvaita
Join Us! Rules/FAQ Library Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vishishtadvaita Forum for discussion of Vishishtadvaita Philosophy and Qualified Monism.

SataDushani

Old 01 October 2009, 07:52 AM

grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !
SataDushani

Hi,

Anyone here have this "SataDushani" by VedantaDesika? Please share it if you have it.

Thanks
Old 01 October 2009, 11:59 AM

saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !saidevo is surely an avatara !
Re: SataDushani

namaste grames.

Seems the author of the work is tirukkudantai desikan and not vedAnta desikan. Check this link to download the book:
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook88.htm

This Website and the http://www.ahobilavalli.org/ have a rich collection of beautifully illustrated vaiShNava books, which I am collecting for the HDF library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts.

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.
Old 02 October 2009, 03:28 AM

grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !grames is surely an avatara !

Dear Saidevo,

Thanks for the reference and i have already browsed ahobilavalli and one of the frequent visitor of this website

SataDushani is in fact, an argument/debate between Swami Desikan ( who is lovingly called "Vedanta" Desika denoting his statue and knowledge ) and this argument was recollected by his diciple and witness Perarylala arayar recollected all the vadas and composed this sataDushani.

The reference you have given is a different composition and done by Thirukudanthai Desikan who is also considered as incarnation of Swami desikan himself

Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
namaste grames.

Seems the author of the work is tirukkudantai desikan and not vedAnta desikan. Check this link to download the book:
http://www.sundarasimham.org/ebooks/ebook88.htm

This Website and the http://www.ahobilavalli.org/ have a rich collection of beautifully illustrated vaiShNava books, which I am collecting for the HDF library of Hindu Sanskrit Texts.
Old 28 May 2012, 07:21 AM
Mid Term Member

wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !wundermonk is surely an avatara !

I think the book is out of print at Motilal Banarsidass Publishers Ltd.

Perhaps steady demand for hard copies for such books will keep such classical books still in print?!
Old 31 May 2012, 02:18 PM
searching for rasa

philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !philosoraptor is surely an avatara !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wundermonk View Post
I think the book is out of print at Motilal Banarsidass Publishers Ltd.

Perhaps steady demand for hard copies for such books will keep such classical books still in print?!

I would love to get my hands on a translation of Vedaanta-deshika's Shatadushani. I gather that SMS Chari's book is a summary study. Has anyone read it? I've only read one of his other books... I believe it was called "Philosophy of Vaishnavism." I found it well-researched and an easy read.
Old 01 June 2012, 02:31 AM

Hi.,

I have read the Chari's SataDushani and it is very detailed analysis of the actual SataDushani. Good one.
Old 15 March 2013, 08:24 PM
Om Namah Sivaya

Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !Omkara is surely an avatara !

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
I would love to get my hands on a translation of Vedaanta-deshika's Shatadushani. I gather that SMS Chari's book is a summary study. Has anyone read it? I've only read one of his other books... I believe it was called "Philosophy of Vaishnavism." I found it well-researched and an easy read.
This is Chari's biok. I liked it.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=r...rbooks_r&cad=3

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary