Thread: Smarta Sampradaya

Smarta Sampradaya

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste,

Many on this HDF discuss Advaita meaning 'not two' from a or 'not' and dvatia 'dual or two'. This term defines the non-duality of Brahman. All this is One. This Smarta Sampradaya is gounded in advaita.

It would be wise to consider looking at Smarta Sampradaya from smr, to "remember". Now to remember what ? That I am this SELF... the last words of Arjuna to Krsna he says his mohah is dispelled and 'smrtih labdha' and memory is regained. What is regained? The knowledge of his ture SELF is returned.

If one has time please consider reading ( and commenting) on the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartism#Advaita_Vedanta

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 06 August 2009 at 07:48 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Re: Smarta Sampradaya

Here is an educative article on the smArta sampradAya and the role it has played in uniting the warring sects of Hinduism, under the vision of shrI Adi Shankara bhagavadpAda:

Smartas - The Eclectic Hindus
    http://brahmins.makeforum.net/t952-s...clectic-hindus
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Re: Smarta Sampradaya

Thank you both for providing the links. Before joining this forum I had not even heard of this term 'Smarta', but had practiced it all my life in terms of the reverence to 'all Hindu Gods'. The concept of unifying all Hindus is, many a times lost in the forum because of people's adherence to a single deity and allegiance to a single Acharya. How I wish there would be reverence for all deities and respect for all Acharyas among the entire Hindu population.

Jai Sri Shiva, Vishnu, Sakti, Skanda, Sun

Thread Information