The HINDU DHARMA FORUMS for discussion of Sanatana Dharma, Hindu Religion and Indian Culture. [link to HDF home]  

Go Back   Hindu Dharma Forums > Sanatana Dharma > Jyotish
Join Us! Rules/FAQ Library Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jyotish Discuss Indian science of Astrology here.

Guru Ketu Conjuction

Old 12 June 2013, 04:10 PM

KrishnaTVM has found the way of dharma
Guru Ketu Conjuction

Om Tatsat,

Does Guru/Ketu conjuction always makes a native aethist. If so what is the reason bedhind this? Guru being the planet of wisdom and Ketu being the planet of spirituality it should be the other way around right.

I know I'm missing some thing here but I know few charts having this combination who are aethist or non belivers of god/religion.

Appreciate thoughts from the learned members.

Thanks
Krishna
Old 12 June 2013, 11:04 PM

Jetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharma
Re: Guru Ketu Conjuction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
Om Tatsat,

Does Guru/Ketu conjuction always makes a native aethist. If so what is the reason bedhind this? Guru being the planet of wisdom and Ketu being the planet of spirituality it should be the other way around right.

I know I'm missing some thing here but I know few charts having this combination who are aethist or non belivers of god/religion.

Thanks
Krishna
Greetings,

Ketu is also associated with loss.
Old 13 June 2013, 06:26 AM

Who am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharmaWho am i is advanced in sanatana dharma

Hi

I dont think so.Ketu/Guru conjucntion in 12th house will make a person more spiritual.He will face lot of issues on wordly affairs which would force him to do bhakthi more.Lot depends on other planet positions also.

Who am i

The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightening and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.
Old 13 June 2013, 07:17 PM
Jai SiyaRam!

Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !Viraja is surely an avatara !

My sister has Guru/Ketu conjunction in 5th house in Kanya. She believes in god 100% although she never actually worships god (due to lack of time and inclination for the same). At one time though, she used to worship Sri Narasimha deva reciting his sloka 12 times everyday! But in general she can be described as a somewhat lethargic person and due to this reason, she is not practicing devotion, although she visits temples. She has faith in god despite this conjunction. If I am right, even planet Venus is a giver of devotion and she has a strong Venus posited as Lagnesh in Lagna in Rishaba and this could be the reason. IMO, Guru-Rahu has more pronounced results of Guru-chandala yoga - but this is just from hearsay..
Old 13 June 2013, 08:21 PM

Jetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharmaJetavan is advanced in sanatana dharma

Quote:
Om Tatsat,

Thanks
Krishna
Greetings,
The ruler of Ketu probably also has to be taken into account. If the ruler of Ketu is in, say, the 9th house, that would imply a greater tendency to believe in God.
Old 14 June 2013, 12:48 PM

KrishnaTVM has found the way of dharma

Om Tat Sat,

Thanks for all your views. I know few persons having Guru/Kethu in Mesha with Simha Lagna and they kind of become aethist or non believer of god eventually during mid of their life. Guru being the 5th Lord for Simha Lagna and great friend of Sun with a placement in 9th house it shouldn't be this way as per normal terms. Thats why I thought of checking on this.

Thanks
Krishna
Old 14 June 2013, 05:22 PM
etad vai tat

yajvan has disabled reputation

hari o
~~~~~~
namast

The 12th house is also called the house of self-undoing ( note this is small 's' and therefore related to the small 'me', bounded individual).
The 12th is a house of loss - pending what one loses can be favorable or unfavorable. That said, with ketu and jupiter in the 12th there
is an indication of a low attraction to the material side of life. If it is there it is there to support one's spiritual pursuits.
Yet one must consider what 12th house we're talking about i.e. from the lagna, or ārūḍha lagna or the 12th that is in the navaṃśa (1/9th division) divisional chart.

If were are in navaṃśa chart then a most interesting thing can be seen ( so says jaimini-muni) from the 12th house. One needs to read chapter 1, 2nd pada for jaimini-muni's insights on this matter. Then one begins to look at the 12th house from the karakaṃśa and the lagnaṃśa. When ( or if ) these two conjoin i.e. karakaṃśa and the lagnaṃśa then one is set for Self-actualization.

iti śivaṁ

words

शिवतुल्यो जायते॥
__śivatulyo jāyate
____yajvan___
_oṁ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ
Old 21 June 2013, 06:15 AM
Om Namah Shivaya

mr.jyotish has disabled reputation

I think guru ketu conjunction does not make a person an atheist. Infact, some great saints have been found to have this conjunction. May be some other yogas in the horoscope might have made those people atheists.
Old 22 June 2013, 03:16 AM

Blue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharmaBlue Lotus is advanced in sanatana dharma

Quote:
Om Tatsat,

Thanks
Krishna
Greetings KrishnaTVM,
I have the Ketu Guru conjunction in my chart and I can tell you with certainity that I am in no way an aethist. In fact I am a 100% believer in God or the Divine. I know a couple of other people with this conjunction and they are very spiritual in their outlook, and have a keen interest specially in the Hindu teachings, although they are not Hindu by birth. My take on this conjunction is that Guru Ketu conjunction is great for those on the Path of Knowlege (Gnyana Yoga). I certainly have leanings towards the path of knowledge. I believe this is also called the Ganapathi Yoga (I hope the learned astrologers on this forum will correct me if I am wrong). So my humble opinion is that the Guru Ketu conjunction is great for spirituality.