Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chastity is life and sexuality is death.

Re: Chastity is life and sexuality is death.

Namaste Jasdir,

If it is very necessary to use our own words or not to copy & paste in the T&C of HDF than with a very sad "mind" i have to say that i have to leave the respected forum & respected members because i have no other choice.

Oh, don't be so serious, dear ! Copy and paste is not bad if you include in your post in that way and add some analysis from your side ... I mean, there be some value addition that is what NS and EM are trying to tell you.

It doesn't matter to me as long as it provides me some food for thought or some valuable information.

Regarding the issue you have raised :

Abstinence is one of the Yamas prescribed by Patanjali in Raaj-Yoga. In fact, not only sex but thought of any desire or anything that disturbs the peace of your mind is undesireable for meditation. This Kaama or desire is the greatest enemy of man .... this is what binds him to Maya. And needless to say, desire for Sex is one of the strongest desires that man is born with ... it is the toughest frontier to win ... there is no liberation without gaining victory over all our desires including desire for sex.

Namaste NayaSurya,

You have posted a long poem attributing it to Kabir. Was it really composed by Kabir ? I seriously doubt. It was a popular song in one of the Hindi films when we were children and it was aptly criticised by eminent personalities that time for the damning words used against women. But I don't know ... I don't expect Kabir to make such highly derogatory remarks against women ! I have very respect for Kabir.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

This I copied from the location which contains all of the things Jasdir has been posting on the forum, even the other posts about truth came from this location.

http://www.spiritualismmba.nstemp.com/True2.htm

It is found 1/3 the way down this length page under the title "The Last Trick of Shaitan"

Please forgive me if this was rude to re-post due to it's inaccuracies.

Being that it was written on Mastana Shah Balochistani Ashram's site I just trusted the source more than I would other internet locations.

I do not mind being called evil because of my gender, or because I smell clean. But to talk about a mother in such a way is not goodly. I can not imagine if my own child stopped coming near me because of something written by a misguided individual with such fears and preoccupation over human vessels.

As I would definitely still hug them...they can't stop motherly compassion and love!

Quote Originally Posted by jasdir View Post
    I wrote this myself.
    But! Sahasranama ji, i was wondring the reason of your Q:

_/\_Jasdir.

Dishonesty is far greater issue than copy pasting which is the only reason I replied to this in the first place.

Jasdir, please do not retreat from knowledge. Sometimes we learn lesson that is not fun. As when i take the fall down icy steps at 4 a.m. in the morning. Just because I was trying to avoid explaining by showing.

Mistakes are made. To make them worth the difficulty, we simply have to turn them into a lesson.

But! not sure, Why?.
    Because I don't know. Certitude in mere beliefs and guess works is the sure mark of a fanatic, a trait I don't want to acquire.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Dear Friend
    Regarding the topic mentioned as the title of this thread, one needs a lot of clarifications as this topic "sex" is
    very wrongly interpreted in today's society...Sanathana Dharma explains this term and the cause and effect as follows
    Before getting into the details, lets get some background information
    As mentioned in the Vedas and Puranas, human beings go through the four stages of life also known as "Purushartha"
    The four stages include
    - Dharma
    - Artha
    - Kama
    - Moksha
    The reason why every child must be given education[not just materialistic but also regarding the Absolute truth] at a very early stage of
    life has deep meaning. Children have the capacity to grasp and understand a lot of things. Their intellect can be
    trained in a perfect way at the tender age. And hence along with the education regarding the materialistic knowledge[that which we
    learn in schools and colleges], every child needs to be thought about the Absolute truth. Now this absolute truth must
    be thought by a "Guru" and ofcourse its "father and mother". When a child is thought at the young age about "Dharma", it tries to
    ask a lot of questions, searches for answers, tries to convince itself, thus conditioning the intellect properly.
    This stage of life must be led by every child[irrespective of gender, caste, etc] as its birth right of everyone to gain
    knowledge. And this, my dear friend, is what "Dharma" means in the "Purushartha"
    Once a child grows up gaining both materialistic knowledge and the absolute knowledge, the child becomes a young person
    who is well informed about "Dharma". Now using both the knowledges learnt, this person needs to perform the
    prescribed duty without attachment to results. The most important thing is the knowledge learning process needs to still continue while performing
    the duty as the "knowledge database" is so vast that one can never ever gain everything available. This process of
    gaining more knowledge and thus accumulating required wealth[in a right manner] which is exactly needed to support life.All the extra money needs to be given as daana as what money we have as "extra" sometimes is the "basic" requirement of the needy. This stage is known as "Aartha" in "Purushartha"
    Now comes the third part "Kaama"...when a person is well informed about the absolute truth and the real knowledge,
    - Its a prescribed duty of every individual to lawfully get married[as clearly mentioned in the Manu Smrithi]
    - Its a prescribed duty for every person to marry, in order to continue the process of "Srushti" or "Creation"
    - The process of creation is done as a duty because what "knowledge" has been gained "must" be passed on to the next generation.
    At this point lets get into the details of "Kaama"
    Note: Sexual intercourse is NOT a "man invented phenomenon"
    Sexual intercourse is part of nature

According to the Puranas and the Vedas and Upanishads, before the creation of Bramhanda, there existed the Supreme Soul Alone [Parabramha]
    Parabramha then assumed the form of "Purusha" and "Pradhana[24 basic elements]".
    When "Purusha" interacted with "Pradhana", "Prakruthi or the entire cosmos or the Bramhanda" was "created".
    "Purusha" is the "Beeja" or the "Seed"
    "Pradhana" is the "Kshetra" or the "Field"
    Upon sowing the seed in the field, "Prakruthi" was created.

This is also the complete meaning of the holy "Shree Chakra"

Its God who created the different versions of bodies [male and female]
    Its the God who gave the feature of producing the "Beeja" or the "Seed" to the "male" physical body
    Its the God who gave the feature of becoming the "kshetra" or the "field", which can hold the "Seed", to the "female" physical body
    Its also the God who invented the term "Creation" under "Dharma"
    Now, coming to the human body, what most of the people forget is regarding the "manah" or the "mind"
    Everything that a person says "he/she likes or dislikes" is mainly the "state of mind"...its the mind which suffers when punished and its the mind which feels happy when awarded...its the mind which gets humiliated when insulted and its the mind which gets elevated when praised...its the mind which enjoys happiness and its the mind which also experiences sadness..its the mind which has hope(as it feels good for the mind to enjoy happiness) and its the mind which is always anxious(as the mind does not like to experience sadness) ...
    Most importantly its the mind, with the help of sense organs, performs actions which give sense gratification and its the same mind, that experiences pleasure based on the inputs from different sense organs...its the mind which encourages one to commit a mistake because its the mind which feels happy on performing such an action...its the mind which seeks revenge and its the mind which enjoys the result of a revenge..its the mind which experiences the materialistic happiness and sadness in all the three worlds and its this mind which must always be kept under control....

The intellect which actually has gained real knowledge should keep the "mind" under control
    Kaama when done according to "Dharma"
    Description: After gaining the absolute knowledge, when one gets lawfully married to a woman, performing the "act of sexual intercourse"
    "Only" to beget children, and doing this is as a duty, is absolutely according to the "Dharma". As without creation this
    universe does not exist and neither you nor me. And more importantly, when this act is performed as a duty, it becomes
    one of the holiest acts as, by doing this you are allowing your "wife" to get into that noble respectable highest position,
    which is compared to that of God called "Mother"...
    Important points:
    - "Sexual intercourse" must be done just like any other duty without attachment or not just for sense gratification....
    - When you have a digging tool, some seeds and a piece of land with you, all you do is dig the land and sow the
    seeds till they grow. Once you have sown the seeds no one simply continues to "dig", just because there is land.
    Also just because there is land outside your field, you never go and sow the seeds.
    Similarly, the process of "sexual intercourse" is equivalent to sowing the seed present in you into the kshetra or the
    field[which is lawfully given to you] which can bear the crops. Doing it for the sake of sense gratification is absolutely useless.
    Outcome: By performing ones duty, as Sri Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, one can never ever incur sin.
    By performing this act as a duty the male and the female get into one of the highest position "Father and Mother".
    There is a famous saying in the Upanishads that
    - A teacher who takes whatever is given as fees is 10 times better than a teacher who demands a particular fee
    - A teacher who teaches without taking anything in return is equal to 100 teachers who take the fees
    - A Father is equal to 1000 teachers who teach without fee as its the "Father who, without expectations, teaches us the knowledge to cross this ocean called life"
    - A Mother is equal to 1000 Fathers because a "Mother teaches us without expectations, and with love, the knowledge to reach Him as She is equivalent to Him"

Hence, any "sexual act" in which the process of creation is not the aim, where "gratification of senses and pleasure to the mind" is the aim,
    such a fact simply deviates anyone from reaching Him.

And once the process of getting children is completed, one must get back to the gaining more knowledge, pass it on to the
    children so that "Dharma" continues and thus one needs to control the mind and senses, involve in His thoughts,
    and concentrate on Him to attain "moksha" which is that fourth part of "Purushartha"

Eastren Mind ji, Once again _/\_ Sorry by Jasdir,
    If still not satisfied then again heartly Sorry by Jasdir again.

I know only one Dharma, That is Humanity.

First of all heartly thankyou so much for the link

But EM ji, I am compleatly satisfied with my language which i have learned till now, so i don't want to improve my typing speed or language any more.

As you are not such bad person like me, so i hope that you will definatly provide me such links & i will be heartly thankful to you for this.

Namaste Jasdir: I shall try again. I will speak on each of the five points above.

1) Apology is not enough. What we need is a change of behaviour. In other words, stop cutting and pasting.

2) What I meant was your dharmic action just for this one act: lying to us all. I was not speaking of dharma in general.

3, 4) If you do not wish to try to better your English skills that is fine with me, but I honestly think that is how much of the miscommunication came about. I cannot force you to look at easy-learnig English websites. The fact remains this forum is in English, and concepts will continue to be confusing to you if you don't understand English. An example is how you said you would PM me. This is just for other excellent English sites, not for philosophy, and you misunderstood that.

5) You are not a 'bad' person. I don't even believe you understood all of the e cut and paste post that opened this thread. I hope you stick around and continue to ask questions and contribute. No offense shopuld be taken. If you told me my Punjabi was bad, I would just agree, and if all the literature I wanted to learn was in Punjabi, I would learn it. Notice the great effort Yajvan and others have taken to learn Sanskrit.

The best link I can give you would be to the Tirukkural. I'll try to find one that is in fairly easy English, unless Saidevo or someone knows of some Punjabi or Hindu translation. Do you speak Hindi, or just Punjabi?

I think English is one of the most frustrating languages to learn, BTW. It is a daunting task.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information