Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was the world really one 5000 years ago???

Was the world really one 5000 years ago???

Hare Krsna!
    All Glories to Guru and Gauranga!

I heard that in Hindu Dharma, the world was one 5000 years ago, is this so? If so, was the world like Pangaea or did Kumari Kandam join most of the world together.

Kumari Kandam has lots of proof supporting it as there how been huge man made structures and cities scattered over the Indian ocean, perhaps, that was what Plato described as Atlantis!

If possible, can you give me a description of the world like this, I've tried to Google it, but there was no luck for me there. If not, that is also fine.
    Thank you very much!

Jai Sri-Krishna

Re: Was the world really one 5000 years ago???

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Hare Krsna! All Glories to Guru and Gauranga!

I heard that in Hindu Dharma, the world was one 5000 years ago, is this so?
    Not 5000 year ago. The great Mauryan emperor is weak in geography. Hare-Krishna.

"Pangaea was a supercontinent that existed during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras, forming approximately 300 million years ago. It began to break apart around 100 million years* after it formed."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaia

* That is 200 million years ago.That is when India and Srilanka broke from Africa/Madagascar/Antarctica/Australia, and rushed to ram into Eurasian plate with the consequent rising of Himalayas and other mountains in the North/West/East of the sub-continent.

Last edited by aupmanyav; 30 June 2014 at 01:53 AM.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Hari Bol!
    Dandavat Pranam everyone!

Maybe not pangea but there are certainly scriptures that say the world was a more connected landmass many many thousands of years ago, one example is Kumari Kandam, there are lots of man made structures where it used to lie, however i would like someone to clarify this for me, thank you.

A theory says that there was a land connectivity between Madagaskar ,south India and Australia. There is close relationship in DNA between Australians(native) and south Indians(Dravidians)

Some of the structures included this which i cannot make out

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam

Hari Bol!

And just look how close they were!

Add Kumari Kandam to the mix and voila the world is one with the exception of the Indonesian Archipelago, but they might have been joined to, sea levels were lower 5000 years ago.
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 06 July 2014 at 01:47 AM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Hari Bol!
    Dandavat Pranam everyone!

Maybe not pangea but there are certainly scriptures that say the world was a more connected landmass many many thousands of years ago, one example is Kumari Kandam, there are lots of man made structures where it used to lie, however i would like someone to clarify this for me, thank you.

A theory says that there was a land connectivity between Madagaskar ,south India and Australia. There is close relationship in DNA between Australians(native) and south Indians(Dravidians)

Some of the structures included this which i cannot make out

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam
    Hello,
    Bro ,thrs nothing called "Aryans" and "Dravidians".Those are mere terminologies invented by some western scholars for some malicious purpose like dividing India according to castes etc.As indians,we should atleast stop using such terms.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lalit1000 View Post
    Hello,
    Bro ,thrs nothing called "Aryans" and "Dravidians".Those are mere terminologies invented by some western scholars for some malicious purpose like dividing India according to castes etc.As indians,we should atleast stop using such terms.
    Regards.
    Hari Bol!

Umm, well, thanks i guess, it is a fact that Aryans invaded, but they did not form Indian civilization, in Magadha there was a Aryan-Dravidian ethnicity mix. However, the Aryans might just have been an Indian tribe, Sanskit is an Indian language dating much earlier than 7000BC, much before the Aryans invaded, yet Sanskrit and Avestan have so much similarities.

The Caste System between Aryans and Dravidian is pure Bull dust and propoganda made up by the British, Originally the Caste system was based on your personality and occupation and even in the mahabharata we have verses that state that a caste was a matter of personal choice rather than hereditary which we see today,

"Among the Bahlikas one at first becomes a Brahmana and then he becomes a Kshatriya. Indeed, a Vahika would, after that, become a Vaishya, and then a Shudra, and then a barber. Having become a barber, he would then again become a brahmana. Returning to the status of a brahmana, he would again become a barber. One person in a family becomes a brahmana: all the others act as they like."

There have been kings from all major castes, Pushyamitra sunga was a Brahmana, Chandragupta a born Sudhra and several minor Vaisya kings.
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 12 July 2014 at 09:57 PM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

A theory says that there was a land connectivity between Madagaskar, south India and Australia. There is close relationship in DNA between Australians (native) and south Indians (Dravidians)
    Jai Ram ji ki.

DNA studies give a very complicated picture, even for South India, and nothing is final. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancestral_South_Indians

Sita Ram, Jai Jai Ram

Samrat, see the possible shape of continents in future at http://www.google.com/webhp?nord=1#n...active&tbm=vid

Hare Krsna!
    All Glories to Guru and Gauranga!

I heard that in Hindu Dharma, the world was one 5000 years ago, is this so? If so, was the world like Pangaea or did Kumari Kandam join most of the world together.

Kumari Kandam has lots of proof supporting it as there how been huge man made structures and cities scattered over the Indian ocean, perhaps, that was what Plato described as Atlantis!

If possible, can you give me a description of the world like this, I've tried to Google it, but there was no luck for me there. If not, that is also fine.
    Thank you very much!

Jai Sri-Krishna

Was the concept, "The world was one" referring to land-masses or in the sense of its inhabitants being one (united, more loving and tolerant of others, etc?)? Prior to when there were wars, including those mentioned in available ancient scriptures whose time-periods too are unclear and often a source of cyber-wars, even today!

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Was the concept, "The world was one" referring to land-masses or in the sense of its inhabitants being one (united, more loving and tolerant of others, etc?)? Prior to when there were wars, including those mentioned in available ancient scriptures whose time-periods too are unclear and often a source of cyber-wars, even today!
    Sita Ram, Jai Jai Ram, Rohiniranjan.

The world again after 250 million years may become one - Indian Ocean turning into an in-land sea, sort of a huge lake, surrounded by Africa, South America and Australia, but I cannot say if humans will be around to see it.

Thread Information