Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What attracted you to Hinduism?..

Re: What attracted you to Hinduism?..

@Aanandinii

Namaste,

Secularism in, say, Switzerland is freakin' awesome.

However, secularism in India is not.

This is Indo-secularism for those unaware of the intricate, contextual realities:

the religious majority = bad; heathenesque, infidel scum; backwards
    the religious minority = wonderful; sublime; greatest thing to have ever happened to the amoral decadence that is India

If I were to take a stroll through, say, Finland, I can [hopefully statistically] legally and pragmatically rely on the Finnish government to be secular and fair and not play favorites. They'll tell me straight to my face that something isn't allowed because it isn't allowed, overall, to others. No backdoor rubbish, at least not en masse.

India and its warped abomination that is Indo-secularism, a grotesque mockery of actual and legitimate secularism, on the other hand? Psst! Ask any Bharatiya here on HDF and the same will easily be relayed. However, Colonization of India 2.0 (1947-2014) just recently ended. Let's see how things unfold in the coming years.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    This is Indo-secularism for those unaware of the intricate, contextual realities:

the religious majority = bad; heathenesque, infidel scum; backwards
    the religious minority = wonderful; sublime; greatest thing to have ever happened to the amoral decadence that is India
    +1

Some other examples of the sham secularism in India,

1. Non-uniform civil code, to allow Muslims to have multiple wives and do other Sharia things.
    2. Some structures were going to be constructed near the Shri Badrinath shrine for the pilgrims, but the Kashmiri separatists termed that as an attempt to change the religious demographics of the state of Kashmir, so the plan was scuttled. Hindus can't build a structure near their shrine to service the annual influx of pilgrims. Muslims are building an Islamic University on a sacred hill near the Hindu holy site of Tirupati Mandir and that is being allowed in the name of secularism and tolerance.
    3. When a muslim who was involved in the attack on the national parliament building, was going to be hanged after several years of trial, there was a big uproar and threats by the muslim community against carrying out the death sentence.

And the list goes on.....

Pranam.

Namaste Ji,

So nice to hear from you Sudas.

Wow, yeah, I see both of your points. This is why I specified I was only speaking towards Secularism in the US, and specifically I was addressing the idea that people might be becoming sick of it, thus driving the growth of Eastern faiths here - which I don't think is the case. Secularism is more important to cultures with predominant Abrahamic populations in my opinion, because it tends to keep down the incidents of Inquisitions and Witch Hunts.

I am really sorry to hear about the disparity there. This new PM seems to be very good, from the things I hear. I hope there really are improvements and this kind of backhanded discrimination stops.

~Pranam-s
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information