Thread: "I'd Walk a Mile" - Try Four

"I'd Walk a Mile" - Try Four

Namaste HDF,

Last night, I attempted to take the bus to the local Hindu temple, to attend Sankat Hara Chaturthi, a puja performed in honor of Shri Ganesha.

What ended up happening is I wound up on the completely wrong bus, and so I had to get off four miles from my destination and walk the rest of the way.

My right foot doth protest incessantly in pain as a result. But I still made it there. And on time!

Now that it's over I'm tired and ready to liquefy. I'm not sure what to make of this whole experience...was Shri Ganesha testing me? Were these obstacles put in place to separate me from Shri Ganesha? Or was the fact that I still made it due to Ganesha's grace?

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but I did have to walk four miles, and my right foot still hurts as a result. I just hope Shri Ganesha is pleased with me...

Re: "I'd Walk a Mile" - Try Four

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste HDF,

Last night, I attempted to take the bus to the local Hindu temple, to attend Sankat Hara Chaturthi, a puja performed in honor of Shri Ganesha.

What ended up happening is I wound up on the completely wrong bus, and so I had to get off four miles from my destination and walk the rest of the way.

My right foot doth protest incessantly in pain as a result. But I still made it there. And on time!

Now that it's over I'm tired and ready to liquefy. I'm not sure what to make of this whole experience...was Shri Ganesha testing me? Were these obstacles put in place to separate me from Shri Ganesha? Or was the fact that I still made it due to Ganesha's grace?

Maybe I'm looking too deep into this, but I did have to walk four miles, and my right foot still hurts as a result. I just hope Shri Ganesha is pleased with me...

Namaste,

I hope you are feeling better now.Visit to Sri Ganesha's must have made you and Him also happy.

May I know how you observe Sankat Hara Chaturthi
    ,do you perform any special worship?

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Ram,

I just went to the temple; I don't really have anything to do any puja at home with. As far as how the special day is celebrated at the temple, there is a Ganesha abhishekam puja performed but as far as I am aware that's it. The abhishekam puja was very lovely!

Vannakkam: Maybe He figured you needed to perform a yatra, a walking pilgrimage.

My temple is about 7 km away, and I'll walk it. In India the saints used to walk from Kanyakumari to the Himalayas. Stll the Murugan and Ayyappan devotees in the south will go on extended walks over many days. Getting to some of the sacred Himalayan shrines involves a ton of walking as well.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Webimpulse,

I find your story rather amusing, and lovely at the same time, even though I'll wager your feet didn't! It must surely be a sign of great bhakti in wanting to have to endure physical endurance and discomfort for the end goal of seeing God again and receiving darshan. I'm sure Ganesha was very pleased you put in such effort to race against the clock to go see Him in time after all.

Thanks for sharing.

Om namah Shivaya
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words.
    Watch your words, they become actions.
    Watch your actions, they become habits.
    Watch your habits, they become your character.
    Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

ॐ गं गणपतये नमः
    Om Gam Ganapataye namah

लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ।
    Lokaah SamastaaH Sukhino Bhavantu

Thread Information