Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hindu Spiritual Name Inquiry

Hindu Spiritual Name Inquiry

Hare Krsna!

I am looking at Hindu names to adopt a spiritual name. I do not take this lightly, so have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me. Since I ha da vision of Krsna in the sky among all the universe, I thought maybe I would like a name that what translate into English as "Krsna Sky." I have looked up Hindu names and found that "Keshav" also means Krsna, and "Akash" means Sky. These are only examples if someone knows of a better name for "Krsna Sky" I am looking for suggestions. I do not know if the Hindu descriptive comes before or after the subject (like in Spanish) But I would love a name that translate into "Krsna Sky." Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and any help in word order would also.

"Krsna Sky"

Re: Hindu Spiritual Name Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    Hare Krsna!

I am looking at Hindu names to adopt a spiritual name. I do not take this lightly, so have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me. Since I ha da vision of Krsna in the sky among all the universe, I thought maybe I would like a name that what translate into English as "Krsna Sky." I have looked up Hindu names and found that "Keshav" also means Krsna, and "Akash" means Sky. These are only examples if someone knows of a better name for "Krsna Sky" I am looking for suggestions. I do not know if the Hindu descriptive comes before or after the subject (like in Spanish) But I would love a name that translate into "Krsna Sky." Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and any help in word order would also.

"Krsna Sky"
    Vannakkam: Why just a 'spiritual' name? Do you want to have a spiritual name and a 'mundane' name. Why not just a name? You want to keep your spirituality a secret from someone?

Aum Namasivaya

I am considering changing my name. I am still new though. Do not know how to go about it. but am trying to find one that I like.

I am considering changing my name. I am still new though. Do not know how to go about it. but am trying to find one that I like.
    Vannakkam: After about 5 years of due consideration, I legally changed my name some 35 years ago. Not something I would recommend to do in haste.

Countries have different laws, but generally its fairly easy, legal wise.

Aum Namasivaya

Thank you for the response. I do wish to take my time, but am drawn to do so. Your point is well taken.

Bring born a Hindu my parents consulted a priest or pandit for my name. Although I don't use it for professional reasons. That is a way you could find your true name based on your birthday, time, and place. The priest may also tell you about your specific fasting days. Hope this helps you in your quest to find your name. Hai Maa Durga

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your response and will consider this.

Ravenwolf,

How about 'Ananta Krishna'? Anant means 'space' (without end). It is one word. I have separated it for your ease of reading/understanding. I think there are many Anantakrishnas and Anantakrishnans among Hindus.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

This sounds good. I like it thank, thank you for the post!

Hare Krsna!

"Krsna Sky"
    Dear Raven,

Why do you want adopt a Hindu name?

Technically names do not belong to any religion..they only belong to a region.

For example the name Yaseer cannot be called a Muslim name cos it existed much before the advent of Islam.
    Yasser is an Middle Eastern Arabic name meaning rich..like Sanskrit for Yash(fame and richness)

A name just denotes the region a particular race is from.

Spirtuality isnt all about a name..Spirituality is Bhava (An experience)..so whether one is named Amar,Akbar or Anthony it makes no difference.

Best is to stick to your name given by your parents as a form of respect to them.

Thread Information