Thread: Experience while Chanting

Experience while Chanting

Hare Krishna,

I had a profound experience while chanting and wanted to share this to see if this is normal or illusionary. While Chanting Hare Krishna, my sense of reality splintered and I saw Krishna in all living things and we in Krishna. It was a very euphoric and emotional experience that lasted for about a 30 seconds. It has not occurred again, though it was only last week. Any thoughts?

Re: Experience while Chanting

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    Hare Krishna,

I had a profound experience while chanting and wanted to share this to see if this is normal or illusionary. While Chanting Hare Krishna, my sense of reality splintered and I saw Krishna in all living things and we in Krishna. It was a very euphoric and emotional experience that lasted for about a 30 seconds. It has not occurred again, though it was only last week. Any thoughts?
    It is said in the Bhagavad gita 6.29 (http://vedabase.net/bg/6/29/en) :

"A true yogī observes Me in all beings and also sees every being in Me. Indeed, the self-realized person sees Me, the same Supreme Lord, everywhere."

regards

Re: Experience while Chanting

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    Hare Krishna,

Hare Krishna

This is a very god sign. congrats for having this experience. Please continue without expectation that you should have this experience.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information