Thread: Sharing of Devotional ways

Sharing of Devotional ways

Namaste all,
    the main goal of our life is to get more and more closer to god, spending most of time with him, with his divine knowledge and our pure and powerful devotion.
    Knowledge about that Ishvara, proper ways to worship him and ways to avoid sins (which bring us away from almighty) and much more I think, the main intention of this knowledge is to get closer to god. But while giving and accepting knowledge sometimes we forget to the main goal
    this thread is neigher any question nor answer, I make this thread only for sharing your devotional ways to get closer to god, so please share what you do for it going temple, chanting names, meditation, worship or with devotion seeing him in your mind's eye, without any suggestion or arrgument just simply describe your most favourite ways to knowing, exeperiencing and getting closer to that supreme soul which is dearer for you..!!
    Pranam!!
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah
    Jai Shree Krishna
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: Sharing of Devotional ways

Namakar,

There are many ways to worship the Almighty that is "Para Brahma".I would like to share my ways on how I try to get closer to God.But first I would like to share a story.It goes like this-

One day,Devershi Narada said to Lord Vishnu," Lord Who is your Great devotee?" Then Lord Vishu smiled and said that it was a Farmer on Earth.At this Narada said,"Lord I chant your name all day and all night long.I always chant Narayana Narayana.And you say that that Farmer is your Great devotee.He never chants your name like me all day and does all the work in his field whole day and then after his hardships in the field he goes home and just once says Jai Shree Hari Vishnu and then goes to sleep.How is that fair Lord?"

Lord Vishnu smiled and said,"Yes Narada he is my biggest devotee."Narada didn't want to accept.Then one day Lord Vishnu called up Narada and asked him to do a job.At this Narada said he was always ready.Lord Vishnu said Oh my Devotee Narada you have to take this bowl full of amrit to Kailash to Lord Shiva and take care that not a single drop falls to the ground.Take Great care of this.Narada agreed.

Then Devarshi Narada slowly and steadly after all his tiring efforts managed to reach Kailash after all his tiring efforts.He was tired and went to Lord Shiva and said Lord I have been sent here by Lord Vishnu all the way from Vaikuntha to hand you over this bowl of Amrit.Lord Shiva as we know is Antaryami knew everything and smiled give it to me Narada and than Lord Shiva drank the Amrit and said to Narada so now you should take some rest here.But then Narada said Lord but I need to go back to Vaikuntha to my Lord Vishnu so allow me to leave.Lord Shiva gave him permission to leave.

Then Narada went to Lord Vishnu and said Lord I did as you instructed me and as you said I didn't let a single drop of Amrit to drop to the ground.I did this tiresome work to great effect and still you say that that farmer is your great devotee.At this Lord Vishnu smiled and said Narada let me ask you a question How many times did you chant my name when you were carrying that bowl of Amrit to Kailash?

At this Devarshi Narada was dumbstruck and he knew where he had went wrong.He laid down to Lord's feet and apologised to Lord.At this Lord Vishnu said that is what I was saying the entire time Narada.People on earth have their Karma to do,so they don't get time to chant my name all day like you but when they get time even after an entire day of work if they chant my name even once I am happy.

So the morale of the story was that we don't to chant God's name all day and show him that we always remember him but even in some form or some way we should atleast once pray to God.God is happy in that.

My ways to pray to God ? Well I sometimes during my work sing some bhajans of Lord and after my bath I join my hands and bow my head to Lord Krishna and Maa Durga and in Sandhya I do the same.As the Saint Bamakhyapa said,"Montro Tontro Kichue Janina Maa" it means Mother (told to Maa Kali) I don't know any Mantra or Tantra,it says that we don't need to know any Mantra or Tantra to worship or show devotion towards God.What Matter I How We Really Feel About Our Bhakti Towards the Almighty.

Dhanyavad.

Thread Information