Thread: An Everyday Hindu Miracle (At Least I Think it Is)

Exclamation An Everyday Hindu Miracle (At Least I Think it Is)

Namaste HDF,

I know I haven't posted on here in a while. I do apologize for my absence...I guess the short answer as to why I wasn't here for a while was that I needed a break. So there you go.

Anyway, something happened in my life recently which I just have to share with you all...I honestly think a miracle has happened in my life, or at least if it wasn't a miracle per se, it's made me believe that everyday coincidences can be miracles in their own right.

Recently at my local Hindu Temple, the Hindu Temple of Rochester, there was a Sthapana for Lord Hanuman, as a new murthi of him was being installed at the temple. It was a three-day long event that started last Friday. I managed to attend Saturday morning's events just fine.

However, it was what happened on Sunday that honestly made me believe a miracle had happened.

At the temple on Sunday, the last of the pujas for the installation of the murthy of Shri Hanuman were going on this morning. I sincerely wanted to go, but for reasons that weren't clear to me at the time, I could not find a ride to go there this morning. (I don't have a car.)

I did manage to find a ride for Sunday evening's events, which were basically cultural programs. But when I got there, the floors and carpets all over the temple were wet. I had no idea why. I went upstairs to see Shri Hanuman in his newly installed glory, and after a little bit of mingling, I managed to find the one who usually coordinates getting me a ride to and from the temple.

He told me the reason he couldn't get me a ride this morning was because during the pujas, the fire for the havan (I think that's what it's called) actually rose high enough to trip the fire alarm and cause the sprinklers to go off.

My first thought upon hearing what happened was, "I'm glad I wasn't there for that." Considering my anxiety issues, which I've described at length on here before - and thinking that the sprinkler incident would have definitely triggered anxiety for me - I came to a realization. I finally realized what had really happened.

Perhaps this doesn't really qualify as a true miracle, but it was most certainly a miracle for me. And I believe that's what counts.

Jai Shri Hanuman for looking out for me, I guess.

Re: An Everyday Hindu Miracle (At Least I Think it Is)

Vannakkam: From what I know of kumbabhishekhams, crazy weather is the norm. A large storm, wind and rain are the usual, so maybe this took weather's place. I've been to 2 temple openings, and 1 12 yr. kumbabhisheham and each time it's had weird weather. Priests see it as a good sign that they're doing something right.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Eastern Mind,

I guess what I found so curious about the event was how I was prevented from being able to get there for when the sprinklers went off. To me, considering my anxiety issues, I sort of saw me not being there as a blessing.

I'm not saying it was a bad omen at all...it's just curious how it all transpired. Hopefully you can understand why I feel the way I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste Eastern Mind,

I guess what I found so curious about the event was how I was prevented from being able to get there for when the sprinklers went off. To me, considering my anxiety issues, I sort of saw me not being there as a blessing.

I'm not saying it was a bad omen at all...it's just curious how it all transpired. Hopefully you can understand why I feel the way I feel.
    Vannakkam: I understood. That's the timing for the individual, like having a flat tire before a flooded bridge. It's all good.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Webimpulse View Post
    Namaste HDF,
    He told me the reason he couldn't get me a ride this morning was because during the pujas, the fire for the havan (I think that's what it's called) actually rose high enough to trip the fire alarm and cause the sprinklers to go off.
    Namaste.

Please forgive me for laughing out loud at this. It is irony at God's best!

Maybe some of that sprinkler water fell on a Shiva Lingam somewhere.

Anyway, welcome back to HDF! I missed you.

I think that is a small miracle myself and I actually have quite a bit of a 'soft spot' for Lord Hanuman. The perfect Bhakta!

So nice...so nice.

Aum Namah Shivaya

The miracle continues...

• Around the same time as these events, my blog (http://light-club.blogspot.com) made it onto the blogroll of a more famous blog, Western Hindu (at http://www.western-hindu.org). Ever since then, traffic to my blog has exploded. Exploded, I say!
    • More people seem to recognize my devotion, some at the temple going so far as to email me about it.
    • I've become mysteriously motivated to become regular with my meditation practice again...

Somehow I don't think this will be all, either...that may sound vain, but call it a hunch...

I see my last post is not there.

That you can feel the miracle (or looking from other angle it is God's grace) in day to day life is a pointer to opening up to the nature, aligning to the nature.

It is sign of mind getting closer to the nature and thereby God.

You are on right track
    Love and best wishes:hug:

In case anyone was curious, here's a photo of me in front of the new Hanuman murthi at our temple the day before the events of the original post:

Namaste Webimpulse,

In Trinidad we have a saying,God will only give you what you can handle..

Take care.

Ohm Namah Shivayah...

Thread Information