Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramavatara - What had been Shri Rama's perception of himself?

Re: Ramavatara - What had been Shri Rama's perception of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Dasa bhava is the first step towards bhakti. Hanuman ji represent this bhAva. So it is Hanuman ji who actually initiates us into bhakti. Hanuman ji is the first support (AdhAra) that one takes while walking on spiritual path. That is why, I think, Hanuman ji is chiranjivi.

Perhaps, Hanuman ji can surely be worshiped independently, as he is blessed by Rama, Sita Mata and all devata-s like Shanidev, suryadev.

Jai Bajarang Bali
    Jai Shri Rama
    Correct, Amrut bhai! My daily sadhana these days includes a sizeable portion of the time allocated to Shri Hanumanji worship - consists of Hanuman Ashtottara, Hanuman Chalisa and several other Hanumanji slokas before moving on to worship Sri Rama and Sita devi. Offlate I notice some subtle improvements not just during sadhana but also during other times... I am unable to explain these subtle changes for the reason of not wanting to get into too personal reasons. But changes are there! (Also someone in my close relations suffers from Schizophrenia, it appears that they are also benefiting from Shri Hanumanji sadhana which was my advice to them... ).
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

|| Hari OM ||

Namaste

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Correct, Amrut bhai! My daily sadhana these days includes a sizeable portion of the time allocated to Shri Hanumanji worship - consists of Hanuman Ashtottara, Hanuman Chalisa and several other Hanumanji slokas before moving on to worship Sri Rama and Sita devi. Offlate I notice some subtle improvements not just during sadhana but also during other times... I am unable to explain these subtle changes for the reason of not wanting to get into too personal reasons. But changes are there! (Also someone in my close relations suffers from Schizophrenia, it appears that they are also benefiting from Shri Hanumanji sadhana which was my advice to them... ).
    Nice to hear that you are benefiting by worshiping and praying to Hanuman ji. Results are proportional to our faith and force of surrender.

Jai Bajarangbali
    Jai Shri Rama
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste,

There is a main difference between Ramavatara and Krishnavatara - in Ramavatara, god was a complete human, devoid of any superhuman powers/prowess. Whereas we see in Krishnavatara, Shri Krishna did not lack in any superhuman/godly powers.

Given the above, I recently started wondering what made Shri Rama during his avatara accept Shri Hanuman as his messenger? Normally in wordly life we see anyone with powers and traits superior to ours, we respect him/her as our superior. Though bhagwan Shri Rama was fully endowed with meritorious traits, still he was ordinary human during his avatara, whereas Hanumanji possessed 8-great Siddhis (such as 'lagima' and 'garima'), a complete control of his senses/brahmacharya, invincibility and immortality ('Chiranjeevi') and had received his education from none other than Surya deva. He could even fly!

One can also recall the story that is narrated of how Hanumanji saves Shri Ram and Laxman from Mahiravana's palace while they were kidnapped. Hanumanji discusses a plan to save the princes with goddess Durga (to whom Mahiravana plans to give them slaughtered as an offering), as per the plan, becomes 'transparent' and slays Mahiravana when he bends down in front of Durga devi to show Rama and Laxman how to bow down. So we see Shri Hanuman even had the power to become invisible!

So with all these powers and gifted nature, how did Shri Ram accept Hanumanji as just a messenger.

I am interested to know if Shri Ram at any time was told he was an avatara of god. Also if there is any interesting conversation Shri Hanuman had with Shri Ram during their introduction which allowed Shri Rama to accept Hanumanji as his messenger... is something I would like to know.

Thank you very much.

Namaste Viraja,

You see Ram is Hanuman and Hanuman is Ram it is the leela they play for us humans to realize bhakti towards God and end our cycle of rebirth. Yes Hanumanji's powers are great so are Sri Ram's. Hanumanji was able to do all these great things because of his faith in Sri Ram. He would constantly Japa Sri Ram's name in all his tasks. This is the source of his power and strength. Remember he gained back the memory of his great powers in the service of Sri Ram. Lord Shiva is Hanuman. We must remember Lord Shiva is the greatest devotee of Lord Vishnu and Lord Vishnu is the greatest devotee of Lord Shiva. They are the same. We must look at the lesson they teach us. If you live by dharma, have complete 100% faith and take the Lord’s name in all your tasks then nothing is impossible.

-divnelight

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Namaste,

That bhAva is for our benefit only .

Sri Ramakrishna says, when Rama asked Hanuman, how do you see me, Hanuman replied

As a person, I am your servant and you are my Lord
    As a jiva, I am part and you are full (I am part of you)
    But He Rama!, from Jnana-dristi [1], I am you are you are me. Both are not different.

[1] Jnana-drishti or GYAna driShTi is nothing but tatva-GYana or knowledge of Self or Brahman. GYAna driShTi is different from divya-drishti which are special divine eyes given by devatA-s, which give special ability to see beyond the 3rd dimension into higher subtle worlds like Heaven.

dAsa-bhAva is the most safest bhAva and is good for beginner.

Monkey represents 'mind'. Our is monkey mind. It cannot stay in one place even for short time. Since Hanuman was able to master his mind and his senses and always remember Rama, Hanuman can also calm our agitated, hyper-active mind and can prepare us to chant Rama nama and sing his glories.

Hanuman always valued Rama nama more than himself or his siddhi-s. What matter is what you value and not what others value. Other may value powers of hanuman, but Hanuman ji always preferred to be a maun-bhakta, who would silently come, uninvited (do not even need an invitation, AvAhan or spiritual, ritual process of calling a devatA) wherever Rama nama and his glories are sung, wherever Ramayana or Ramacharitmanas is recited.

While we are blinded by his super-human deeds, Hanuman ji never cares about them but only cares to chant Rama nama.

Dasa bhava is the first step towards bhakti. Hanuman ji represent this bhAva. So it is Hanuman ji who actually initiates us into bhakti. Hanuman ji is the first support (AdhAra) that one takes while walking on spiritual path. That is why, I think, Hanuman ji is chiranjivi.

Perhaps, Hanuman ji can surely be worshiped independently, as he is blessed by Rama, Sita Mata and all devata-s like Shanidev, suryadev.

Jai Bajarang Bali
    Jai Shri Rama
    Namaste Amrut,

Nam Japa and Bhakti are our greatest tools in the Kalia Yoga to achieve moksha. Hanumaji is the perfect example of this and he is here to help us during these dark times. Navdha Bhakti is the way to live only a truly enlightened soul can achieve this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLGas4ap8c

-divnelight

Thread Information