Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: God in Hindu Dharma

Re: God in Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Ek PratidnyA

In this picture...

Test the following and ... (Give the following a shot and...)

- stepping on My path. If I do not open all paths for you, then speak.
    - giving charity in my name. If I do not open the treasury of Kuber for you, then speak.
    - listening to bitter words for My sake [without responding back]. If Grace is not showered on you, then speak.
    - coming to Me. If I do not take care of you, then speak.
    - relating My Glories to others. If I do not make you invaluable [to others] then speak.
    - meditating on My personality, pastimes, qualities. If I do not make you invaluable [to others] then speak.
    - making Me your helper. If I do not relieve you of all bondages from everyone, then speak.
    - shedding tears for Me. If I do not fill up an ocean of happiness for you, then speak.
    - making something of youreself for Me. If I do not make you priceless, then speak.
    - Walking on My path (not just stepping). If I do not make you a messenger of peace, then speak.
    - Surrendering yourself to Me. If I do not make you famous, then speak.
    - Chanting My glories (kirtan). If I do not make you oblivious to the world, then speak.
    - Becoming MINE. If I do not make each and every one yours, then speak.

~ ~
    ...Guror sAkshAt paraBrahman |
    tasmai Shri Gurave namah: ||

My spiritual master is the Highest Brahman in Truth
    To that Guru I bow down...

...On this auspicious day of Guru PurNimA

I shall tell you a secret : My beautiful Guru is my Self and the Self of all...

---
    Guru -- spiritual master
    purNimA -- the full moon day
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste
    From 1978

My Master is a Living Master,
    So kindly has love shown me life,
    I ...
    ... feel it breath,
    Every ...
    ... heart beat,
    So loud ...
    ... yet hardly speaks, and -

When the time has come to get back on the path of devotion,
    When the giving is a place born in light,
    When you are picked up off from the ground when you are broken,
    When you've put back all of the pieces, and it is alright,
    Then remember the Moon when it is full, you can see a Master,
    When it is perfectly ok to be just fine,
    When the evening of your heart beats a little faster,
    When you find the time to hear a Perfect Rhyne,
    Then maybe you will join in the celebration,
    The next time...

My Master is a Perfect Master,
    So kindly has he shown me light,
    Cold...
    ... was my heart,
    Mind...
    ... in the dark,
    World...
    ... falling apart, but -

Your Master is not a Distant Master,
    Your kind of smile is just behind,
    Yourself that takes a new perspective,
    The wait is over, it is time to shine,
    Your Master is a Perfect Master,
    So kindly today has come,
    Your tomorrow is as easy as you want it to be today,
    You are free now, perfectly free to step away...

Very nice, Shiva Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Namaste
    From 1978
    When the time has come to get back on the path of devotion,
    When the giving is a place born in light,
    When you are picked up off from the ground when you are broken,
    When you've put back all of the pieces, and it is alright,
    Then remember the Moon when it is full, you can see a Master,
    When it is perfectly ok to be just fine,
    When the evening of your heart beats a little faster,
    When you find the time to hear a Perfect Rhyne,
    Then maybe you will join in the celebration,
    The next time...

...Your Master is not a Distant Master,
    Your kind of smile is just behind,
    Yourself that takes a new perspective,
    The wait is over, it is time to shine,
    Your Master is a Perfect Master,
    So kindly today has come,
    Your tomorrow is as easy as you want it to be today,
    You are free now, perfectly free to step away...
    I come back to read this. Kind of speaks to you. Speaks my/one's language. Just wonderful poetry. Thank You

Hare ~ ~ KRshNA ~ ~ ~ ~

What has suddenly dawned upon this tiny mind by the grace of MAdhava Mukunda MurArI, is this: when it is said in numeroud places in shAtra (vedic scripture),
    "All this world, shapes names and forms are 'KAlpanic' i.e. imaginary", it is often casually translated as "imaginations of 'the' mind", to which smaranam wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

Wait, Whose Mind? The avatAr-leelA are not imagined by tiny individual minds, but by the Cosmic Mind or the Mind of the Supreme. This is the big mistake many make -- "imagination of the mind"

Since the Lord is Divine and transcendental, anything He dreams in His form as MahAVishNu, manifests for real. i.e. it has a life-span, a duration.

The imagination and dream is for MahAvishNu. We are all part of His Universal Gigantic Dream. When you dream a dream or imagine something with the individual mind, as an embodied living entity, it does not manifest to others. However, when the supreme Lord in the form of MahA-VishNu lies in the ksheerasAgar (Milk Ocean) and dreams up the universe, it manifests for real.

Not only this, His Divine LeelA in the Spiritual worlds, is eternal, it is forever manifest. Because He is chintAmaNi and kalpataru (the wish-fulfilling gem and tree), whatever He wishes and dreams actually happens!

So let the devotees immerse in the Divine chintAmaNi's manifestation. Not in this transitory material manifestation.

In other words, there is a gulf of a difference between creations of an individual mind and the Lord's LeelA.

So, one should never say it is an imagination of "the mind", that is totally misleading to readers.

he KRshNA, karuNAsindho, dIna-bandho, jagat-pate, gopesha, gopikA-kAnta, rAdhA-kAnta, namostute _/\_

Do you see it ? Get it ? It was never meant to mean "imagination of the local mind", but "imagination of the Supreme Mind"!!

Which makes perfect sense.

Why is this so-called imaginary creation of BhagavAn so concrete to us?
    ANS: Because we are a PART of that dream of the Supreme Lord, BhagavAn VishNU!!

How can a dream character be able to tell it is a dream?
    ANS: If by Bhagvat-kRpA (Grace of the Supreme Being) it becomes a lucid dream. But for Who? For KRshNa (God), Brahman.
    Even so, "little me" cannot get out of the dream unless KRshNa wants to annhilate me!

Therefore, now the question becomes how the little dream characters can live happily as long as the dream lasts -- which can be either eternal or one mahA-kalpa of VishNU which is lives of 14 BramhAs.
    The answer is by dwelling at Shri BhagavAn's Lotus Feet. If you don't want to server Him by serving other dream characters, that is OK too, but at least surrender the dream-ego which has no basis or truth.

So, a practical thing for us dream-characters to do is dwell and revel in surrendered devotion to Shri BhagavAn, let the ParamAtmA guide all dream-actions, and know that this was just one tiny piece that was dreamed up by Brahman as a character in the story.

WHAT?? Yes, Brahman, paramAtmA and BhagavAn are the same thing. Same One.

Now, as with the BramhAnDa (Cosmic Egg, Universe in a multi-verse), so with the pinDa (body, local tiny dream character, "little me"). This is why the little dream characters have the ability to dream. Dream within dream.

So, we do not try to "be" in the position of that Divine Dreamer. Accept that this is BhagavAn VishNu's dream, and these tiny beings are a part of it, they are all 10000, 1000, 100, 10, 1, 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 volts/watts/amps in magnitude from Lord BramhAAA to the insect.

If it is BhagavAn's Divine nature to dream, let the dream-characters co-operate with it, but purify themselves, so they are forever free yet in His shelter. Why fight and try to break the dream, if it is Divine Nature of Shri VishNu to dream? Just make it as pleasant as possible, for Him.

Now do we understand the GauDIya VaishNav statement : Pure devotees only live, think, work and act for the pleasure of BhagavAn Shri KRshNa ?

Now do we also understand the Advaita teaching: Dwell in the turIya alone ?

Both are choices meant for different dream characters, but to each their own.

bhajo shri KRshNa chaitanno prabhU nittyAnando
    hare kRshNa hare rAm shri rAdhe govindo
    jayo rAdhe govindo ~ ~ ~ rAdhe govindo ~ ~ ~
    Last edited by smaranam; 05 November 2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: to each dream-character their own

Dear Smaranam ji,

"All this world, shapes names and forms are 'KAlpanic' i.e. imaginary"
    All world names and forms should include "local mind", "supreme mind" division!

where does the imagination of "Local" mind and "supreme mind" reside : local mind or supreme mind ?

Love!
    Silence

Hi SS

Where is the requirement that "imagination" should be from mind?
    Where is the requirement that "imagination" should reside in mind?
    First of all, where is mind? in a part-less entity where is one such part?

At least, we know "local mind" has no power to imagine the "cosmic" idea or thought or reality or whatever you want to name it! The only choice left is, it must be the Supreme (mind is just your referential name for the organ what usually thinks, imagine etc). If there is no division, then there is no limitation!

if limitation is temporary, the division is also temporary - then it warrants reality with in this bounds of "temporariness" with out any denial. If division can exists, then there is room for two real where one is limited and the other is always free! Simultaneously both is not possible as if one is always aware, there is no "other" as there is no room for "not knowing"

Always aware is Anti-Matter to "Not knowing" - if then you propose :some: are aware, some are not then you are accepting two reals, one as perfect and other with defect! Its not just logical...its the all about the essential fundamental nature of that One Being to be Just One! So, the names and forms of that One Being, should be understood as the "Dictionary" and Universal moulds but what comes out that also should be accepted as possible reals.

Hare Krishna!

Thread Information