Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Re: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Dear friend ,
    It doesn't have any significance as you want to believe
    Dreams of all things which you go on thinking in your wakeful state or subconcious state do not carry any meaning .They are just mind impressions .Then again , Kali or Lakshmi are mahadevathas and they just do not come in to dreams like this and give messages . After an intense sadhana with single minded devotion they could give a meaning ful advice as far as spiritual growth is concerned . Apart from that the mundane advices or insights given are just by products of the sadhana. ------ best wishes.

Re: Dreamt of Goddess Lakshmi and Kali - New to Hindu Philosophies - Please help!

Thank you everyone for your feedback and insight. Many of the things mentioned have resonated and make sense.

This gives me much to ponder and research.

Namaste.

Dear Chelissa,

Namaste,

I have no idea if you would reading my response because it is almost 2 months since you started this thread.

Let me just give my opinion as to help you.

Durga(Kali),Lakshmi and Saraswathi are the Prakirti Trio (Trio of Nature) representing:

1)Durga(Kali) ..Iccha Shakthi(Power to Desire)

2)Lakshmi..Kriya Shakthi(Power of Action)

3)Sarasawati..Jnaana Shakthi(Power to Know)

In your dream you said Lakshmi asked you to help Her climb a wall.

That shows that you need to increase your Kriya (the power of action)..may be you need to work harder and be more pro active to pursue your music career.

Next you said you saw Kali and you told her "No I dont want it this way"

This means that you have not really worked on your Iccha(the power to desire)..this could be partly because you are unsure if your decision to pursue a career in music is right because it also involves quitting your current job.

My final diagnosis is :One part of you wants to pursue a music career but lacking input in that direction and another part of you is unsure if you are making the right decision"

So ask yourself..'What do I really want and how hard am I willing to work for this?"

Work on your Iccha(Desire) and Kriya(Action) and you will find your answers.
    Last edited by renuka; 23 July 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelissa View Post
    What I've read of about Goddess Kali is either very positive or negative and I'm not sure which side of her I will see. I'm just a bit scared and uncertain.
    Jai Ram ji ki, Chelissa.

There is nothing negative about Kali. She is the mother. How can be a mother negative to her children. Among humans as well as among animals, the mother gets furious only if there is a danger for her children. Kali is ferocious only for that reason but not to her devotees. Otherwise she is the most beautiful mother in the world, Durga.

So do not be scared. If you want to go to the temple, please do so. You would find it nice there, except for the initial hiccups about a different culture.
    "Paropakaram punyaya, papaya parapeedanam."
    (Helping others is merit, causing pain is sin)

Thread Information