Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nama co

Re: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nam

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshamylord View Post
    Thats because they might be atheists but they might be following the Bhagvad Gita consciously or subconsciously unlike those theists who might accept Krishna superficially but fail to follow His core teachings of Gita and limit themselves to His form and end up accusing others and doing all sorts of things which are not present in the Gita
    P.S1 Nobody becomes a police officer by wearing a khaki uniform and nobody becomes a krishna devotee just by singing songs and dancing
    P.S2 88percent is not a good score unless you want to become a clerk and join a temple for free food
    P.S3 Also i dont know if Krishna asked ARjuna to sing songs and dance and eat free food instead of using the bow and arrow:P
    Don't listen to ganesmylord-ji, Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya. His mind is obsessed with trying to denigrate Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Gaudiya Vaishnavas. It's ironic that ganeshmylord-ji tries to accuse other devotees of not following the Gita when it is he who is criticizing and doing everything Krishna says not to do. If ganeshmylorji had actually read the Gita correctly, he would know that only Krishna/Narayana is proclaimed as supreme there. I would highly advise ganeshmylord-ji to get his head thinking of other beautiful thoughts such as the glories of Vishnu/Krishna and even Shiva instead on bashing out other devotees (who have actually understood the Gita) else it will add up to Vaisnava apradha. I saw this with all respect ganeshmylord-ji. Half your posts are always about ISKCON and hari-naam sankirtan instead of actually answering the questions and giving quotes/evidence for claims.

But answering your question Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya-ji, here is what I can tell you having started studying Gaudiya Vaishnavism myself (though I am not technically one).

It is important to stay focused on both your material and spiritual lives. You should understand that that Vishnu/Krishna does not hate anyone including atheist. Therefore, he will not purposely try to diminish the intelligence of atheists. So it is completely possible that atheists can overtake you in some places. However, if you know for a fact that Vishnu/Krishna is God, then you are overall in a better position than your atheist friends. It will take them many births to realize the truth, but you have already started in your journey. However, do not have any pride for this fact and try to look at everyone equally and don't discriminate against atheists.

Fully focus on your studies. Do not neglect them for doing bhakti all day. Doing your duty in full knowledge of Vishnu/Krishna is actually a way of worshiping the Lord. Maybe one day when you master your classes and become a very educated man, you could preach to the world about Vaishnavism and many people will take your word for it as you have already gotten many degrees and have had the best grades etc
    (I have answer Samraat's question in a Vaishnavite way. I hope no one minds me saying things like Vishnu/Krishna is God etc.)
    Regards.

Re: what benifit in spiritual life and in worldly life i an have by repiting the nam

Thats because they might be atheists but they might be following the Bhagvad Gita consciously or subconsciously unlike those theists who might accept Krishna superficially but fail to follow His core teachings of Gita and limit themselves to His form and end up accusing others and doing all sorts of things which are not present in the Gita
    Hari Bol!

It seems so. Most of the good scorers have good personalities, what you mean is they act in accord to the philosophy without realizing they are doing so. You bring an interesting point, thanks for that!

One more thing, if someone has true love for Krishna, is it necessary for him to follow philosophy or books like bhagvatam?

88percent is not a good score unless you want to become a clerk and join a temple for free food
    But...But... 88% is pretty good IMO Nah, i understand what you mean! If truly i am spiritual i would get 100%

Don't listen to ganesmylord-ji, Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya. His mind is obsessed with trying to denigrate Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Gaudiya Vaishnavas. It's ironic that ganeshmylord-ji tries to accuse other devotees of not following the Gita when it is he who is criticizing and doing everything Krishna says not to do. If ganeshmylorji had actually read the Gita correctly, he would know that only Krishna/Narayana is proclaimed as supreme there.
    Ummmm, huh, no comment. Lets stop talking about other members now shall we , i don't feel comfortable discussing the negative qualities of another person, but it's good that you gave your advice, thank you.

It is important to stay focused on both your material and spiritual lives. You should understand that that Vishnu/Krishna does not hate anyone including atheist. Therefore, he will not purposely try to diminish the intelligence of atheists.
    Hmmm, i didn't think of that all that much (I do do my studies and all that though), thank you

However, do not have any pride for this fact and try to look at everyone equally and don't discriminate against atheists.
    I really wish i could practise this all the time, but it's hard at times, i keep reminding myself, we are all jiva's

Maybe one day when you master your classes and become a very educated man, you could preach to the world about Vaishnavism and many people will take your word for it as you have already gotten many degrees and have had the best grades
    Haha! Thank you very much!

Thank you all!

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 22 July 2014 at 02:22 AM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya View Post
    Hari Bol!

One more thing, if someone has true love for Krishna, is it necessary for him to follow philosophy or books like bhagvatam?

But...But... 88% is pretty good IMO Nah, i understand what you mean! If truly i am spiritual i would get 100%

Thank you very much, +1!
    Namaste

Definitely samraatji.
    Bhagavata is important for creating a bond with the Lord but unless you renounce your material ambitions completely(that is when you turn 60) you should follow the Bhagvad Gita. Because it is incorrect to think that loving God comes only from bhajans/temple service. A father might not give sufficient time to the child because of his work but that doesnt mean he doesnt love his child,.
    Likewise you should worship the Lord through your Karma yoga. And bhagavatam has topics like Uddhava Gita which talk quite a bit on it. However as a student you should focus on the Bhagavad Gita. Because unless you absorb the philosophy of the real Bhagavad Gita, you might end up misinterpreting Srimad Bhagavatam.
    Also once He knows you are sincere He will Himself show you the right path to spirituality.

Also during my time even 96 percent was considered less to get into medicine or engineering May be thats my state level standard. May be its 88pc today im not sure

Namaste

Definitely samraatji.
    Bhagavata is important for creating a bond with the Lord but unless you renounce your material ambitions completely(that is when you turn 60) you should follow the Bhagvad Gita. Because it is incorrect to think that loving God comes only from bhajans/temple service. A father might not give sufficient time to the child because of his work but that doesnt mean he doesnt love his child
    Yes, thank you very much for your advice.

Also during my time even 96 percent was considered less to get into medicine or engineering
    It's even higher now because it's more saturated. But I hope to get better on my End Of Year Spiritual exam

Thank you very much for your time, by the way, i think we have gone a little of topic here. I think the OP post has been answered though.

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
    Last edited by Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya; 21 July 2014 at 05:22 PM.
    "Hare Krisha Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare" ¬ The Glorious Mahamantra. Chant this 108 times a day and keep Samsara away

Namaste.

I do Rama-raksha mantra japa each day as part of my daily sadhana. I have been doing this most days for the past several years. I can feel slowly my sattwa guna (benevolence) increasing. For example, owing to my very sensitive nature, if someone insults me, I used to have big problem unable to think anything else for several days together... I used to carry such a pain in my heart even if the other person who insults gives no consideration about it. But these days, it is not so. I do not feel bad at all... on the contrary, I have started to question myself regarding what I might have done to the other person and am beginning to think 'for the offender' instead of 'against the offender'. This gives me such a peace of mind! To not be bothered by feelings of hurt... it is such a big emotional relief. What great boon is it to be filled with Sattwa-guna always.! No doubt our forefathers lived late into their 90's because olden day society and its people lived a sattwic lifestyle and were exposed to other sattwic influences as well.!

Pranam.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Dear friend ,
    If you take food , you get health and nourishment and you are not doing any favor to any one , though sometimes some children think that they are doing a great favor to the mother because she feels miserable if the child does not take food . Of course it is immaturity to think on those lines .But in case of namajapa you get immense pleasure and strength and life in general goes in the right track..Like in case of Hanuman they say -- buddhir , balam , yasho dhiryam , nirbhatathwam , arogatha , ajadyam , vakpatuthwam Hanumath smaranath bhaveth .Loosely translated it runs like this --
    '' intellect , prowess,good name and reputation ,boldness , fearlessness , perfect health mentally and physically and gift of gab .
    This applies to any nama japa. Like somebody already said , namajapa it self gives salvation in Kaliyuga

Thread Information