Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lokas

Lokas

Hi

Is there seperate loka where Lord Narasimha resides along with souls which got sarupya mukthi similar to Vaikuntha?

Thanks

Re: Lokas

Namaste

All forms of Lord Vishnu such as Narasimha (Nrisimha), Narayana, Rama, Krishna, etc, are said to be eternal forms of the Lord, and they could have their residence somewhere in eternal world of Vaikuntha. There in Vaikuntha they have their eternal companions, devotees who are eternally liberated souls.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    Namaste

All forms of Lord Vishnu such as Narasimha (Nrisimha), Narayana, Rama, Krishna, etc, are said to be eternal forms of the Lord, and they could have their residence somewhere in eternal world of Vaikuntha. There in Vaikuntha they have their eternal companions, devotees who are eternally liberated souls.

regards
    Namaste,

I wonder why then our Sri Vaishnava alwars have not sung any pasurams (hymns) praising the relevant kshetras within Vaikuntha where different forms of Sriman Narayana are represented. Out of the 'not of this world' kshetras, only 'Thirupparkadal' and 'Paramapadam' have been sung by the alwars. If Sri Rama, Sri Krishna, Sri Narasimha and other forms (avataras) of Sri Vishnu had separate places of manifestation within Vaikunta, wouldn't then the alwars have sung about them separately? To my understanding thus, all avataras emanated from Sri Vishnu and merged into him upon completion of their avatara.

However, on earth, I was told once by a devotee that various kshetras of Sri Vishnu carry various tattwa and that the Lord there exists akin to having separate identity and existence for himself, particular to that kshetra. Thus we find interesting things as Sri Ramanujacharya getting the sanction from Lord of Kanchi (Sri Varadaraja) to go to SriRangam or Tirupathi and vice versa, Sri Venkatachalapathi paying obeisance to Sri Varaha of Tirupathi, Sri Venkatachalapathi advicing a devotee of a possible alliance between goddess Varaguna-Manga (an amsa of Sri Lakshmi) with 'his brother' of a different kshetra and so forth.

This question has always indeed fascinated me and I have raised my doubt thus elsewhere in this forum before - whether different avataras of Sri Vishnu exist differently/separately in Sri Vaikuntha and I have not received a clear answer. Still searching... .

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja ji,

I get a feeling that one avtar of Shreeman Naaraayan is inferior or equal or superior to the other avtar. But is it possible?

My understanding of Shreeman Naaraayan or Shree Mahaa Vishnu emanates from Srimad Vaalmiki Raamaayana.

Sarga 108, 109, 110, 111 of Uttara Kaanda of Srimad Vaalmiki Raamaayana will give answers to your question.

If you don't have a copy, an English translation is available in the public domain. Google it for "The Ramayana of Valmiki translated by Hard Prasad Shastri".

Few scholars believe that Uttara Kaanda is a later addition. I am not well versed in Sri vanishnavam but somewhere in one of the U Ve Krishnan Swamigal pravachan, he says Kulasekara Alwar sings in praise of Lava & Kusa (part of Uttara Kaanda
    Anirudh...

Namaste Viraja ji,

Sri Venkatachalapathi paying obeisance to Sri Varaha of Tirupathi
    Sri Venkatachalapathi borrowed the place/hill from Sri Varaha Swami.

I haven't read much about Sri Varaha Swami. But do you know any authentic sources ?
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    I get a feeling that one avtar of Shreeman Naaraayan is inferior or equal or superior to the other avtar. But is it possible?
    Sri U.Ve.Krishnan in his upanyas 'Sri Vishnu Puranam' telecast by Vijay TV (available for free viewing in Youtube) says that Sri Parasurama, and Sri Balarama are not worshippable avataras in that they are manifestations in which Sri Bhagwan chose a noble soul out of many and vested his 'shakti' on them and that they are not thus bhagwan himself.

Apart from that, only Sri Rama and Sri Krishna avataras are said to be 'purnavataras' of Sri Vishnu, other avataras being only part-manifestations.
    Also, within Sri Rama and Sri Krishna, it is said only Sri Krishna was born with the full 16 kalas of Moon (that is, he was super-human/godly).

However, many say that it is incorrect and an apachara (slight/insult) to view Bhagwan's avataras within the light of inferior/superior.

My understanding of Shreeman Naaraayan or Shree Mahaa Vishnu emanates from Srimad Vaalmiki Raamaayana.

Sarga 108, 109, 110, 111 of Uttara Kaanda of Srimad Vaalmiki Raamaayana will give answers to your question.
    Do the above verses address Sri Vishnu's avataras all having separate existence in Vaikuntha? I'm very curious...

Few scholars believe that Uttara Kaanda is a later addition. I am not well versed in Sri vanishnavam but somewhere in one of the U Ve Krishnan Swamigal pravachan, he says Kulasekara Alwar sings in praise of Lava & Kusa (part of Uttara Kaanda
    I think there is some misunderstanding... what I meant earlier is that Alwars have not sung of those kshetras in Vaikuntha where Sri Rama, Sri Krishna, Sri Narasimha and other avataras of Sri Vishnu exist separately... that, if they indeed had separate existence in Vaikuntha, alwars would have known about their relevant kshetras and sung about them (kshetra mangalasaasanam).

You are right, Kulasegara Alwar was a foremost devotee of Sri Rama and has sung pasurams in praise of Sri Rama and divyadesa-mangalasasanam to Sri Rama kshetras on earth. (And Nammazhwar, a foremost devotee of Sri Krishna who has sung many pasurams praising Sri Krishna, is known to have been devoted to Sri Varaha too...).

And regarding the other query about Sri Varaha, I only know of Sri Varaha from 3 instances:

1. Sri Varaha avatara to vanquish demon Hiranyaksha.
    2. Sri Kaisika puranam.
    3. Sri Tiruvenkata Mahatmiyam.

By the way, I came to know that when Varaha lifted Bhooma devi, a son was born to them and he had the capital city of Assam for his kingdom (the place Sri Varaha touched Sri Bhooma Devi is Assam).

Thanks and regards.

Namaste Viraja ji

As per Srimad Vaalmiki Raamayana, Sri Raama along with his brothers enters the Sri Vishnu form. Others who followed stay in Sanataanika world. I haven't read more about the constituents of Vaikuntham.

Hindus worship Varaaha Swami, Nrsimha Swami, Shree Raama, Shree Krishna. BT, Sri Mushnam is a Thenkalai shetram.

Keralites believe Parasu Rama created Kerala.

Do you think an Avtaar of Vishnu will be more important than Garuda? Swami Desikan has written Garuda Dantakam.

I haven't read about other Avtars. I think Vishnu Purana could be a good source to begin with.
    Anirudh...

Hi Virija

Can you tell me more details about this:

[..]
    Sri Venkatachalapathi advicing a devotee of a possible alliance between goddess Varaguna-Manga (an amsa of Sri Lakshmi) with 'his brother' of a different kshetra and so forth.

[..]

Similarly i heard a story about Andal marriage also.In her marriage function,2 Vishnus came and tried to marry her.But She married one of them and settled in sri Viliputhur. So another Vishnu form got angry and settled in near by mountain.There is a temple there but i cant exactly remember the temple name.i studied this in spiritual weekly given by dinamalar newspaper here in tamilnadu.

Quote Originally Posted by devotee123 View Post
    Hi Virija

Can you tell me more details about this:

[..]
    Sri Venkatachalapathi advicing a devotee of a possible alliance between goddess Varaguna-Manga (an amsa of Sri Lakshmi) with 'his brother' of a different kshetra and so forth.

[..]

Similarly i heard a story about Andal marriage also.In her marriage function,2 Vishnus came and tried to marry her.But She married one of them and settled in sri Viliputhur. So another Vishnu form got angry and settled in near by mountain.There is a temple there but i cant exactly remember the temple name.i studied this in spiritual weekly given by dinamalar newspaper here in tamilnadu.
    Namaste Ji,

This is the gist of the incident:

Once Sri jeeyar Swamigal had planned for the marriage of an idol of Sri Varamanga (an amsa of Lakshmi), which was there in Vada Venkatam (Tirupathi) at one point to the urchavar of Sri Venkateswara. It is said upon this, Sri Varamanga appeared in the dream of Sri Jeeyar Swamigal and stated that she is the wife of Vanamaamalai Thottadrinatha, upon which this idol was brought to Vanamaamalai and a marriage ceremony was conducted to the urchava idols of varamanga and Thottadrinatha. This incident also suggests that though all are Vishnu, Venkateswara is different from Thottadrinatha (another form of Sri Vishnu - predominant deity of Vanamamalai in TamilNadu).

But regarding the other story about Sri Andal marrying a specific form of Vishnu and denying the other, I am surprised.. because Sri Andal was hugely in love with Sri Krishna than any other forms of the Lord. But an interesting story .

Thanks.

Namaste

To answer devotee123's qn, yes nRsimha, yadnya-varAha (shweta-varAha), hayagrIva, are forms of the Lord that have appeared before devotees, have given darshan and even association for a long period. Be it in another 'plane', 'dream', 'dimension', 'state' -- then again Shri KRshNa says in the Geeta : Chapter 4 : "ye yathA mAm prapadyante, tAmstathaiva bhajAmyaham" As beings surrender to Me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.
    So,
    1. did the Lord (my same Lord) "take" or "manifest" a particular form at an instant,
    2. "is eternally present as that form in another dimension, loka, " or
    3. " is so dynamic that He is eternally all these forms always everywhere"? plus He is the Vishwa rUpa as well

I think the third is right because the second option is a bit rigid.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya

vAsanAt vAsudevasya vAsitam bhuvana trayam
    sarva-bhUta nivAsosi vAsudevo namastute || Shlok post-VishNusahasranAm

this says: The Supreme Lord vAsudev lives in the three worlds (i.e. everywhere, all space, multiverses), and resides in [the hearts of] all beings (sarva bhUta nivAsosi). My obeissances to that Lord VAsudeva.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information