Thread: Hanuman Chalisa ideas

Hanuman Chalisa ideas

Hari Om!

My goal is to learn and memorize the Hanuman Chalisa. 40 verses shouldn't be a hard task, right? I found the following video which seems to be excellent. Am also writing out the Chalisa once a week on Tuesdays. Would like to have this down in time for early January when I return to India to visit my extended family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3URCMVceSqU

I've read other posts in which the author asked for similar advice for easier topics or just in a general overall sense. I need some tried and true tactics.

In addition to the above, I listen to bhajans of Hanuman Chalisa daily.

Please share any ideas or insights you may have including audio or video clips, etc. I'm open to just about anything and certainly appreciate any help that comes my way.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

Re: Hanuman Chalisa ideas

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hari Om!

My goal is to learn and memorize the Hanuman Chalisa. 40 verses shouldn't be a hard task, right? I found the following video which seems to be excellent. Am also writing out the Chalisa once a week on Tuesdays. Would like to have this down in time for early January when I return to India to visit my extended family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3URCMVceSqU

I've read other posts in which the author asked for similar advice for easier topics or just in a general overall sense. I need some tried and true tactics.

In addition to the above, I listen to bhajans of Hanuman Chalisa daily.

Please share any ideas or insights you may have including audio or video clips, etc. I'm open to just about anything and certainly appreciate any help that comes my way.

Jai Jai Hanuman!
    Namaste,

It is not necessary to write it down, but rather you recite everyday morning and evening you will be able to remember. You can listen it on the way to work and back home from your ipod.
    Namaskar,

AmIHindu ?

यज्ञानां जपयज्ञोऽस्मि ।

नाम्नोऽस्ति यावती शक्तिः पापनिर्हरणे हरेः । श्र्वपचोऽपि नरः कतुँ क्षमस्तावन्नकिल्विषम् ।।

Hari Om AmIHinduJi!

Thanks for the suggestions. I shall do. In terms of writing the Chalisa however, it seems to be a good learning tool for me. Repetition repetition repetition if you get my drift. I've done the same with learning new mantras and its been effective. Perhaps I'm just a slow learner so I try any avenue that is available. I hope that this doesn't keep you or anyone else from posting here.

Was taught in school that men are more visual than women. Can't remember what a woman's strong point is although some contenders come to mind.

Am listening to the Chalisa now time and time over. Even if I don't understand the words yet, it is beautiful beyond compare.

As always -

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman

Jai Hanuman !

I love Hanuman Chalisa, many times i hear it, this is have many version of music and the music is sing with vigorous intonation.

I also love the meaning.

For stotram or chalisa or even a long mantra (Dharani), if we chant it everyday, we will remember , and we also compare with the meaning everyday, then after we remeber it and chant it without read the text, we will able to understand every words of stotram or mantra.

This is really happened

so , i give you support you will chant it without text and you will know the menaing of every word (without read the translation)

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Thread Information