Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

My name is Arek (it's Polish). Although I'm Wiccan (British Traditional branch), I have been interested in Hinduism for several years now. It all started with the video on milk miracle I saw.

My ishta-devata are Shiva and Krishna, though I worship the Goddesses too.

OM

Re: Hello

Hare Krishna !

From Arek :
    My name is Arek (it's Polish). Although I'm Wiccan (British Traditional branch), I have been interested in Hinduism for several years now. It all started with the video on milk miracle I saw.

OM

Dear Arek,

Namaskar and welcome to the Hindudharma forums. It is nice to see your honesty and simplicity. I would only like to add that please do not go by any miracle to change your religion or beliefs. If you have sincere love for the Lord (Let's call Him God) then all religions are good enough and you do not need to look for Him elsewhere. It is nice and good that your ishta-devatas are Shiva and Krishna, there is nothing wrong but love and worship them as God and not as Hindu God. This is a matter of liking and this should not belittle any other devata or avatars (Jesus Christ or Buddha and the likes).

Very honestly and sincerely speaking, I have had always belived that if one Jesus Christ is not enough for realization then alas even thousand Shivas and Krishnas will not do any good.

I think I have put across my point without hurting your feelings. As I told you, there is nothing wrong if you happen to love Krishna. But please stick to Him with all love, sincerity and devotion. He is all pervading and omnipresent, so at a higher stage definitely you will realize what I tried to tell you here. Hope, other friends here will also help you in your journey.

Lots of love and best wishes.

Dilip.

Hi, the miracle was just the first step. I don't even say if I believe it or not. In my opinion miracles are not supernatural, but rather very natural and explicable in biological sense. I think spirit and body are connected. The milk miracle was just something that make me interested in Hinduism. It hasn't changed my religion, because at that time I was Pagan and I still am. Beside of worshipping Shiva and Krishna, I worship also Gods of other pantheons, that's why I sometimes say Hindu/Egyptian/Greek God, because of the culture they appeared in. Hindus have other methods of worshipping than, let's say, Wiccans or Christians. Being initiated into Wicca, I had been worshipping Shiva and Krishna for long time, but nothing changed in my devotion neither to Wiccan Gods nor to others. Also, I never really looked for Gods. They just happend to appear in my life and They stayed Why I say 'They'? Because even though I'm not very polytheistic and I believe all the Gods are One (concept very similar to Brahman), I don't think there is one "Lord", because I'm not monotheistic too.

I do understand what you write about, yet I don't know what you mean by higher stage, because one never knows how to count them In spiritual development you are on a higher stage sometimes, but these are very mystical experiences.

While coming to Jesus Christ, I don't think that even if he can't help, other deities will not too. If it were so, there would not be converted people. Christianity never gave me what Paganism did.

Thanx for the answer, best wishes for you too

Hare Krishna !

Dear Arek,

Thanks for your post. It is very interesting and I think I have understood your points to a great extent. There are millions of people who do not follow Krishna or Shiva, does that make Krishna any smaller God.....similarly, because thousands converted to other religions do not make Lord Christ anything less. The problem is definitely not with them (God). However, let us not get into such debates. Let us hope, time will tell us the truth.

Wish you success and all the very best in your quest.

Love,

Dilip.
    Last edited by Dilip; 01 October 2014 at 04:04 PM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté
    Quote Originally Posted by arek View Post
    My name is Arek (it's Polish).
    If we do a few things to your name we could come up with ārī+ka or
    ārīka. The 'k' in the name 'arek' cannot be sounded without some vowel accompanying it, so we add an 'a'.

'ka' is the first consonant of the devanāgarī alphabet ; Note that saṃskṛt is the language, and devanāgarī is the alphabet .

This 'ka' is the sound form of prajāpati and also brahman ( in its 3rd derivative or use); yet it is also splendor, light, the sun. It also can be used as a name for water.

Now this ārī is defined as 'to trickle or flow upon'. If we combine it with 'ka' , ārīka becomes the flowing of water, or the flowing of splendor, of light. It looks like this devanāgarī ( some would say in saṃskṛt) आरीक.

Yet if we let this 'ka' have a long a or '' , ārīkā becomes one that is seeking to trickle down to flow upon, as is to to seek , desire , yearn. But this is also defined as 'enjoy , be satisfied with'. Now ārīkā becomes one that is satisfied with, or enjoys the flow. It looks like this in devanāgarī आरीका .

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 30 September 2014 at 07:26 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Hello Arek,
    I am new(ish) here as well.
    I also have a Pagan and Wiccan background.
    It is nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forums, Arek ! In my opinion, you can very well take your own decision without being bothered by what Dilip suggested in his post. Welcome to Hindu Dharma aka SanAtan Dharma (the eternal religion) !

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste arek and welcome to the HDF forums

If we put an "h" in front of your name and "rishna" behind we'll get "harekrishna", and thus "Hare Krishna"!

Maybe my analysis is not as sophisticated as that offered by our senior Yajvan above, but it can serve the purpose.
    More info about "Hare Krishna" you can find at various sections on our HDF. Good luck.

regards

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Dilip View Post
    Very honestly and sincerely speaking, I have had always belived that if one Jesus Christ is not enough for realization then alas even thousand Shivas and Krishnas will not do any good.
    What does it all mean?????

Your profile says that your reason for joining the forum is to 'Share Ananda'. What is this Ananda entity and how are you sharing it and with who?

Pranam.

PS, I wonder why we are selective in deleting the posts of some who use the J word but letting stand those of others.
    -
    Last edited by Believer; 01 October 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arek View Post

OM
    Vannakkam arek, and welcome to these forums.

Yes, .. the milk miracle. It was a big deal here and elsewhere, but I didn't go. It seemed to me some people needed further proof, or even some proof in the existence of Lord Ganesha. Since I was already 100% believing in Him, there was no need for me to go see all the fuss. Still, many friends who did go told me all about it. But that event reinvigorated many. Certainly many temples had new devotees for awhile. I hope your stay here is enjoyable and fruitful in your quest.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information