Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Few Questions EVERY Secularist MUST Answer!

Exclamation A Few Questions EVERY Secularist MUST Answer!

Namaste,

A friend of a group I am a part of sent us this questionnaire and I feel that these questions MUST be answered, especially by the so-called secular Indian Hindus.

Please take a few minutes and answer these questions truthfully and honestly.

Are you a Secularist? Then please answer these questions ,

1. There are nearly 52 Muslim countries. Show one Muslim country which provides Haj subsidy.

2. Show one Muslim country where Hindus are extended the special rights that Muslims are accorded in india?

3. Show one Muslim country which has a Non-Muslim as its President or Prime Minister.

4. Show one country where the 85% majority craves for the indulgence of the 15% minority.

5. Show one Mullah or Maulvi who has declared a 'fatwa'against terrorists.

6. Hindu-majority Maharashtra, Bihar, Kerala,Pondicherry, etc. have in the past elected Muslims as CMs; Can you ever imagine a Hindu becoming the CM of Muslim - majority J&K?

7. Today Hindus constitute 85% of the Indian population. If Hindus are intolerant, how come Masjids and Madrassas are thriving? How come Muslims are offering Namaz on the road? How come Muslims are proclaiming 5 times a day on loudspeakers that there is no God except Allah?

8. When Hindus gave to Muslims 30% of Bharat for a song, why should Hindus now beg for their sacred places at Ayodhya, Mathura and Kashi?

9. Why temple funds are spent for the welfare of Muslims and Christians, when they are free to spend their money in any way they like?

10. When uniform is made compulsory for school children, whythere is no Uniform Civil Code for citizens?

11. In what way, J&K is different from Maharashtra, TamilNadu or Uttar Pradesh, to have article 370?

12. Why did Gandhiji support the Khilafat Movement (nothing to do with our freedom movement) and what did he get in turn ?

13. Why did Gandhiji object to the decision of the cabinet and
    insisted that Somnath Temple should be reconstructed out of public fund, and not with government funds; when in January 1948, he presurrised Nehru and Patel to carry on renovation of the mosques of Delhi at government expenses?

14. If Muslims & Christians are minorities in Maharashtra, UP, Bihar
    etc., are Hindus not minorities in J&K, Mizoram, Nagaland,
    Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya etc.? Why are Hindus denied minority rights in these states?

15. Do you admit that Hindus do have problems that need to be
    recognized. Or, do you think that those who call themselves Hindus
    are themselves the problem?

16. Why has post-Godhra been blown out of proportion, when no-one talks of the ethnic cleansing of 4 lakh Hindus from Kashmir?

17. In 1947, when India was partitioned, the Hindu population in
    Pakistan was about 24%. Today it is not even 1%. In 1947, the Hindu population in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) was 30%. Today it is about 7%.

What happened to the missing Hindus? Do Hindus have human rights at all?

18. In contrast, in India, the Muslim population has gone up from
    10.4% in 1951 to about 14% today; whereas the Hindu population has come down from 87.2% in 1951 to 85% in 1991. Do you still think that Hindus are fundamentalists?

19. Do you consider that -
    Sanskrit is communal and Urdu is Secular,
    Mandir is Communal and Masjid is Secular,
    Sadhu is Communal and Imam is Secular,
    BJP is communal and Muslim League is Secular,
    Dr. PraveenBhai Togadia is ANTI-NATIONAL and Bhukari is Secular,
    Vande Matharam is communal and Allah-O-Akbar is secular,
    Shriman is communal and Mian is secular,
    Hinduism is Communal and Islam is Secular,
    Hindutva is communal and Jihadism is secular, and at last,
    Bharat is communal and Italy is Secular?

20. When Christian and Muslim schools can teach Bible and Quran, Why can't Hindus teach Gita or Ramayan?

21. Abdul Rehman Antuley was made a trustee of the famous Siddhi Vinayak Temple in Prabhadevi, Mumbai. Can a Hindu - say Mulayam or Laloo - ever become a trustee of a Masjid or Madrassa?

22. Dr. Praveenbhai Togadia has been arrested many times on flimsy grounds. Has the Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid, Delhi, Ahmed Bhukari been arrested for claiming to be an ISI agent an d advocating partition ofBharat?

23. When Haj pilgrims are given subsidy, why Hindu pilgrims to
    Amarnath, Sabarimalai & Kailash Mansarovar are extra taxed?

24. A Muslim President, A Hindu Prime Minister and a Christian
    Defence Minister carried out the affairs of the nation with a unity
    of purpose.

Can this happen anywhere, except in a HINDU NATION - BHARAT?

Why are these questions asked? Well, it is really simple. We are making a case for India as a HINDU COUNTRY for HINDUS, by HINDUS, and of HINDUS!
    Namaskar.

Re: A Few Questions EVERY Secularist MUST Answer!

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Namaste,
    Can this happen anywhere, except in a HINDU NATION - BHARAT?

NO!

Why are these questions asked? Well, it is really simple. We are making a case for India as a HINDU COUNTRY for HINDUS, by HINDUS, and of HINDUS!
    Namaskar.

I don't think this is possible the way things are and till hindus stop equating hinduism to universalism.
    Last edited by satay; 11 December 2009 at 03:47 PM.
    satay

I came across this document that seeks to answer to the above questions. I haven't gone through it fully, but a cursory glance reveals that some answers might be right and get us to rethink on some issues. I enclose the pdf document for perusal of our members.

18659228-Answers-to-VHPs-Questions-to-Secularists.pdf
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    I came across this document that seeks to answer to the above questions. I haven't gone through it fully, but a cursory glance reveals that some answers might be right and get us to rethink on some issues. I enclose the pdf document for perusal of our members.
    Respected saidevo ji, I am stunned by your post, When a person like you can be led to thoughts, by these wrong and idiotic information, no wonder why MTV youths of today hate Hinduism.

Here is one reply of the PDF,

[quote]-PDF says Hindus in malyasia have far more special rights than Muslims in Malaysia. .[/unquote]

what a joke sir

Reality check of malaysia -A non-Muslim must convert from his/ her religion to Islam in order for him/ her to marry a Muslim. He/ she must refer to the State Religious Department or seek help from an Imam at the nearest mosque in the area. After which, the same marriage procedures for Muslims apply.

Source -Official website of malaysian government.http://www.malaysia.gov.my/EN/Relevant%20Topics/Society%20and%20Life/Citizen/Family/Marriage/ProcedureMarriageMuslimandNonMuslim/Pages/MarriageBetweenMuslimandNonMuslim.aspx

So saidevo ji, Special rights sir [:0], you dont even have basic human rights in malaysia,This was just a glimpse, if I show you datas of how orphans are proselytized into islam etc by malaysian government's policy, you will definitely come to see the so called special rights of Non- Muslims in malaysia.

Islam is the official state religion and the Constitution of Malaysia provides for limited freedom of religion, notably placing control upon the 'propagation' of religion other than Islam to Muslims, a fundamental part of a number of other religions.

Another quote from PDF-,[quote] NIgeria ,it has christian president while majority of population is muslim[unquote]

-What a smart and cunning point. The fact of the matter is there is only 48% muslim population in Nigeria, while 40% christian and rest others.Do you call it a muslim nation ??

The biggest non-sense of the PDF reply- Questioning female genocide for low population of hindus.

Reality check
    -First the sex ratiodistribution of Hindus is 931 and muslims is 936 per thousand In India, which simply means there is no difference.

Moreover, it is illiteracy among Muslims which leads to their unchecked growth rate. 1991 -2001. Hindus growth 20.3 million. Islams 36.6

Similarly, the article aims to falsely talk about caste system which we all know, is the best weapon of anti-hindus or for that matter any one who wants to have earning through stupid politics.

The whole article is ****, Though I do say, the article which Thread starter has put itself is very loosely written, questioning frivolous things like if any Muslim country has had a non muslims vice president etc . Actually it should question about basic human rights of Islamic country!!!!

I can answer more points, But I have my exams going, But just to finish my post, the reality is ,it is uncaring attitude of hindus to ignore all the discrimination that happens against Hindus in India, Malaysia,Indonesia,porkistan and bangladesh, what leads to our suppression. And hypocrisy of human right agents and sickularists of not disclosing the realities of muslim nations
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

namaste Isavasya, Satay, TTM and others.

The idea of my posting that pdf document prepared by a Muslim was for us to discuss it. Honestly, I can't find the time to know about the statistical information that Isavasya has given; I thought that there might be some element of truth in the answers given--as would seem to a causual Hindu reader of the document, specially when he/she happens to be today's youth.

It would be appropriate for those of our HDF members who can refute the allegations prepare a reply document, post it here and on the Net.

Some points that seem to me to have some element of truth in them:

01. On the question of Haj subsidy: Is it true that the subsidy goes only to Air India and not to individual Muslim pilgrims? Is it true that the Indian Government subsidises the Kumbha Mela? I don't think our Government gives subsidy to Hindus for any festivals, except by way of travel concessions, in which case the subsidy goes to the travel agencies. So, if the Indian Government subsidize the Kumbha Mela, then in what way would it be appropriate for us to oppose the Haj subsidy, specially when India is a secular country?

02. As for the Hindu rights in Malaysia, I now understand the real situation, thanks to Isavasya. Perhaps TTM, Satay, and Isavasya might take the initiative to prepare the reply document.

03. Abdoulaye Wade, the current President of Senegal, is a Sunni Muslim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdoulaye_Wade).

04. While the indulgence of the majority Hindus in India towards Muslims and Christians is born out of the Hindu Dharma, the lack of Hindu unity and the persistent Hindu intertia and indifference that borders on selfishness are the real factors for the status of Hindus in India today. The VHP/RSS/BJP, instead of floating questions, should think about ways and means to get the common Hindu involved in the issues of his/her religion and nation.

05. I am not sure if the people whose names are given really condemned Islamic terrorism, but the question as phrased looks naive.

06. Was there Muslim majority in Kashmir when a Hindu King ruled that state?

07. The Hindu tolerancy allowing Muslims to pray on the road and have their own institutions is not at all an issue, while the Hindu unity is. We get only what we deserve as our rulers.

08. The answer is clearly arrogant. There never was 90% Islamic rule (was there?) in India and talking of giving 90% of India to Hindus for a song is nothing but religious fanaticism, as the Muslims cannot deny that India has been and will be a Hindu country only.

14. Hindus being minorities in some of the states of their own nation is a pathetic situation and the technical difficulty pointed out in the document only adds to it. The Hindu institutions should unite the Hindus to demand and get their minority rights in these states, with suitable modifications of the technical issues.

18. The female feticides certainly do reduce the Hindu population (and preclude future procreation) and must be addressed. Besides properly educating the rural folk who indulge in such practices, the Hindu Institutions may take up with the Government to grant financial assistance for bringing up the children of the poor.

20. Under the guise of being a secular government, the state and central governments long back abolished teaching of Hindu Dharma in the government schools. What they teach currently in the name of moral science is only a waste of time. Hindu Institutions should fight for the teaching of Hindu scriptures to Hindu students and other religious scriptures to other students. If they manage to mobilize the Hindu public opinion, that could certainly influence the governments.

I might be wrong in a few or many of my perceptions I have indicated above, as having some element of truth, so let us discuss the questions and answers threadbare.

Since the average Hindu is essentially inert, selfish and indifferent, the Hindu Institutions should come under a single banner (albeit retaining their individual identities), unite the Hindu leaders and take combined efforts to spread the awareness among Hindus, about the dire current situation that threatens to destroy them, their religion, culture and nation. The Indian politicians being highly corrupt in their social, religious and national values and outlook, being busy in cutthroat competitions to possess money and power, only actions, rather than a questionnaire with some naive questions would make them see reason and do justice.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

thank u tattamwasi for providing such interesting food for thought . this is precisely what has been going on in my mind for a few days .

personally i do not support fundamentalism of any kind . quite obviously i did not take disturbing incidents like babri demolition and godhra riots in a good light . i am aware of the atrocities carried out by muslims towards hindus in history and the countless unrecorded destruction of temples . but i thought that it is best , not to stir up the old topics again and disrupt the peace and proper functioning of our rather 'newly' formed nation . secondly i did not want 'hinduism' to be branded as a intolerant and fundamentalist religion and take its seat with islam in the congress of major world religions .

however there comes a time when u get sick and tired of making these incessant compromises and sit back to ask yourself some questions--some bare truths that lie right in front of us but which we dont want to see or understand due to our habitual love for such over rated ideas as liberalism and secularism .

why is it that the hindus always have to make a compromise ? do u see any muslim coming out and publicly proclaiming the unity and indivisisility of hindu and muslims ? no ! it is the hindus who are always cautious not to agitate other communities . a hindu is always carefull not to agitate a muslim mind by avoiding topics like jizya , destruction of temples etc etc . throughout the muslim period no effort was spared to destroy hindu temples and culture . but what did the hindus do in return ? we 'invented' a diplomatic way to unify the two communities with the invention of satyanarayan pir-- lord narayan in the guise of sufi fakir . do u see a muslim doing anythin like that ? no .

do the muslims genuinely strive for betterment of the nation ? if they would why cant they issue a fatwa against the terrorist ? why cant they vacate any one single mosque(out of thousands that still stand over temples in the country) that has been built on a destroyed temple as a goodwill gesture ? for example if you go the kashi vishwanath temple u can still see the glaring 'proofs' of gyan vapi mosque having come up the site of the true vishwanah temple . even the old nandi still points towards its old direction --that is the mosque . considering the importance of kashi and vishwanath to the minds of hindus is it too hard to let go of one single mosque as a goodwill guesture ? if the mosque has been standing there for the last 300 years the temple once stood there for at least a 2000 years before that !! no . they would never do that . and we as hindus 'know' and accept their decision . its taken for granted --" if they wont give us back our lands , lets forget the issue and biult a temple somewhere else and shake hands with muslioms by calling them brothers " . this is all that we can think . why ?!!!! this is not hindu tolerance . this is hindu inactivity and inertness . lack of courage to face the naked truth . this is not sattva , its extreme and disguised tamas .

this is not to say that there cannot be any good things in islam . i too have muslim friends some of whom r extremely nice human beings . this is to understand thats its high time to change our attitudes . we should stop this policy of appeasement and vent our cries that have been held up for centuries .
    but i seriously dont think that sudden aggressive hindu militancy can be of any help other than to ruin the image of the religion . what can really save our precarious condition is an overall change in our thought process , a pride in our selves and what we are and a courage to stand for the truth .

I strongly believe, being secular is an essential requirement for survival of India as India & Hindus as Hindus. You can call me secular though I would not hesitate to use force when there is an attack on Hindus or India from any corner.

These questions have no meaning ... these can at best spread even more hatred within the two communities & can do no good to India. Muslims within India is a reality we must learn to live with. And why do we talk of Muslims as a whole & grouping all Indian Muslims with likes of Osama & party ? This is the biggest mistake & gravest thereat to peace & prosperity of India & Hindus.

Jingoism has never done to any community or a nation. There are bad elements in Muslims & there may be even more bad people among us (due to our population ratio). My prayer to you all is, please don't fan the emotions to thoughts on "Hindu Vs Muslims" ... this card is too dangerous to play. Our own politicians are competent enough to use it for their own political ends at the cost of lives of millions of Indians which include countless Hindus too. They don't need our help to do it better.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Dear devotee ji,

Secularism is inherent in Hinduism and hindus. My country is the only which gave shelter to despised jews or saved Zarathustra followers from getting extinct. Having said that, I personally do not stand for a non-secular country.As a hindu, I believe all paths are true, BUT only those paths who respect others freedom and rights. It's not about hindu vs Muslim , it's more about safeguarding my country from becoming a country like Islamic country. We saw what happened to hindus of Kashmir, 25% hindus in pakistan has become 1%. The fact of the matter is I or people like me protest against the people who dont choose to look at clear extremism in Islam. If you read the whole document of deoband fatwa against vande mataram, You will find more elements of perversion in that, it was more than talk about just vande mataram, but had elements like watching TV is haram, stay from this that etc, Just like it was with taliban government.We must relaise all these things can be resolved or protested until muslims are not in majority, you cant deny that out populating others is also one of the jihadi tricks and just for a moment see your country loosing its real identity. Yes, pakistan and bangladesh was also once bharat varsha, did they remain secular ?

Overlooking the potential dangers which lies for our motherland is like cheating with my beloved country.

Islam needs a complete reformation like Christianity went through during age of enlightenment in 17th-18th century, and they must shun this Only true path concept.and yes, we know for now, that there isn't any reformation visible. You may say, some muslims of india are good, yes sure they are,but that's more because of their association with sanatan culture But extremist elements are far more, and yes Indian Muslims are not immune from their non-Indian brothers.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Just one answer
    There is : The Mockery See : in India .

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post

18659228-Answers-to-VHPs-Questions-to-Secularists.pdf
    Namaste Saidevo,

I took a brief look at the document you provided and was both perturbed and satisfied. Although many so-called answers to several questions are superfluous, there is an inherent sincerity in them.

I will have to do some research and discuss with others to see if those 'answers' are truthful or whether they are just another document of bilge created by secularist Hindus themselves as most jihadis are too dense to string a proper sentence together.

I shall look into this matter with keen interest and report back on HDF hopefully soon.

Namaskar.

Thread Information