Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Re: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    To me the question is irrelevant and potentially inflammatory, capable of causing division, for those who don't see the bigger picture.
    +1

Concurrent to this is a thread about NGOs in India who are busy Christianizing wide swaths of Hindu populations. And here we are, once again discussing which incarnation of the same Supreme is bigger/higher.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

+1

Concurrent to this is a thread about NGOs in India who are busy Christianizing wide swaths of Hindu populations. And here we are, once again discussing which incarnation of the same Supreme is bigger/higher.

Pranam.
    Vannakkam: Spoken in my best English pompous accent, from high on the thrones ..."I say, old chap, it's divide and conquer. Let those silly Hooligans fight amongst themselves, then the fruits and land shall be ours for the taking!"

Aum Namasivaya

Thats it,
    when peoples on Sanatana Dharma fight about which is higher and others is false or called persons who devotee of XXX Devi or other Istadevata or follower of other philosophy in Sanatana Dharma is materialistic or even "Lower than a demon", that is also make me feel surprisingly

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    Thats it,
    when peoples on Sanatana Dharma fight about which is higher and others is false or called persons who devotee of XXX Devi or other Istadevata or follower of other philosophy in Sanatana Dharma is materialistic or even "Lower than a demon", that is also make me feel surprisingly
    dont be hypersensitive folks. Sunnis kill shias and catholics want to usurp protestants, all that hindus do is only to participate in debates and go and pray together and eat together, once the debate is over. Please remember we all live in a comparative religion realm and, that attitude to look around provides lot of the required reassurance. Namaste.

Quote Originally Posted by charitra View Post
    dont be hypersensitive folks.
    Vannakkam charitra: Although I appreciate the wisdom here, in practical terms, it may be easier said than done. Just as there is a range of intelligence, spiritual inclinations, etc., there is a range of sensitivity amongst embodied jivas. Some people are just naturally (or its a learned behaviour ... either way its still there) more sensitive to comments, etc.

On the school playground, the bully says, "We were just foolin' around" while his victim cries. Sometimes the bully honestly believes that.

At the death of a loved one, some take it so hard they never recover. Others are back in the swing of life in a few weeks.

I don't see it as thick skins versus thin skins, but rather all sides accepting the range, at least to whatever degree possible.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,
    dont be hypersensitive folks. ..........
    all that hindus do is only to participate in debates and go and pray together and eat together, once the debate is over.
    Your point is well taken and appreciated. But consider this,
    I think your confusion is due to ISKCON's literature which are doctored to suit their way of thinking. However, these are not authoritative scriptures.
    the above is a direct frontal attack on a sampradaye which would offend ISKCON followers in the forum. I am sure the poster did not mean to offend anyone and it was just a poor choice of words. Just saying that 'ISKCON literature only reflects one sapmradaye's interpretation of scriptures' would convey the same meaning without the inflammatory editorial comments. Every sampradaye has its own interpretation of the scriptures. Can we say that they are all 'doctored' and 'not authoritative'? When people cross the line, it ceases to be a debate and becomes the beginning of a mud wrestling bout for all to see. No meaningful cause is served by casual, thoughtless, un-articulated remarks, or by insinuating that the ISKCON followers are somehow non-Hindu shady characters. Others may disagree and describe it as a debate, and that is fine with me. I am all for a healthy debate. If this one is deemed to be in that category by the general membership, then don't mind my evaluation.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 14 March 2012 at 09:47 AM.

dont be hypersensitive folks. Sunnis kill shias and catholics want to usurp protestants, all that hindus do is only to participate in debates and go and pray together and eat together, once the debate is over.
    Is all will like you say :
    "all that hindus do is only to participate in debates and go and pray together and eat together, once the debate is over"

i think not all.

About what happened in other religion,
    If we can more better and even perfect, why should compare with other cruel things ?

But anyway, your reply is make me remeber again, this is samsara.

Then i dont talk about debate, i talk about sarcastic insult .

Yes debating or discusing the theory is no problem,
    but learning peoples and peoples who have wisdom , or have Mother Saraswati seated in his tongue, will not use sarcastic words to describe other sect of Sanatana Dharma.

But back again, this is samsara.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

They worshipped Om.

Hello all, i posted the question and i kind of wish that i had not done so..i did not
    want to spark any kind of debate, infact my question has been misunderstood, i have only been following Sanatana Dharma for a year, i am just looking for the correct approach to my meditation..I just wanted to know what was the focus during Shivas meditations.i did not want to know who was superior.But it's OK now, i found a copy of "Vigyan Bhairava Tantra" which contains Shivas 112 methods of Yoga... I know my knowledge is basic, but i think there is no need to complicate things because you don't need complex knowledge to do Sadhana, infact i think it can become a hindrance because every thought is a deviation from the centre, and i think the centre contains all knowledge without the need for it to be expressed in words, infact i think human language can be a hindrance
    to the true Bhakti... The world owes alot to Shiva, he is the source of all spiritual knowledge which exists...Even Buddha cannot be mentioned in the same breath as Shiva because all Buddha did was expound on one of Shivas methods which he lays out for us in the "Vigyan Bhairava Tantra"..

At the end of the day, God is God, he goes beyond all names, you can recognise him through silence.Recognition through silence and emmotion is most important. but Human intellect and society in general requires labels...

I love it...I've even become a Brahmacharya...

Om Tat Sat.

Namaste Believer,

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Your point is well taken and appreciated. But consider this,
    the above is a direct frontal attack on a sampradaye which would offend ISKCON followers in the forum. I am sure the poster did not mean to offend anyone and it was just a poor choice of words. Just saying that 'ISKCON literature only reflects one sapmradaye's interpretation of scriptures' would convey the same meaning without the inflammatory editorial comments. Every sampradaye has its own interpretation of the scriptures. Can we say that they are all 'doctored' and 'not authoritative'? When people cross the line, it ceases to be a debate and becomes the beginning of a mud wrestling bout for all to see. No meaningful cause is served by casual, thoughtless, un-articulated remarks, or by insinuating that the ISKCON followers are somehow non-Hindu shady characters. Others may disagree and describe it as a debate, and that is fine with me. I am all for a healthy debate. If this one is deemed to be in that category by the general membership, then don't mind my evaluation.
    I wish you had read their version of Bhagwad Gita written by Sri La PrabhupAd before making these comments. The Bhagwad Gita As It Is, written by Sri PrabhuPAd by which was going to be banned in Russia was due to this distortion.

... and how "Bhagwad Gita As It Is" or any scriptures written by anyone from any such organisation becomes authoritative ? Anyone is free to write commentary as he likes or interpret the scriptures but how can it become authority for Hindus ? Authority of scriptures is well decided in Hindu society. The Shruti is the highest authority followed by Smritis and then the PirANas. Any commentary made by anyone is only as authoritative as it conforms to the Shruti. This has been accepted by all Vedic schools of Hindu Dharma.
    Their assertion that Shiva is a demi-God and enjoys a lower status as compared to Lord Vishnu is not as per Shruti. It also violates Shaivites scriptures.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information