Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Re: Did Shiva worship Krishna or Krishna worship Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Namaste.
    Beautiful post.

Both Lord Shiva and Lord Narayana are best friends and helped each other out.

One of my favourite stories from the Shiva Puran, is when Lord Shiva granted a boon of incineration to a devotee. Then the devotee immediately tried to incinerate Lord Shiva.

Lord Shiva ran to Narayana for help and Narayana assumed the form of Mohini, seduced the devotee, danced for him and that made him go 'boom'.

The devotee wasn't the only one seduced by Mohini's beautiful form.

Aum Namah Shivaya
    Thank you

Yes I remember about bhasmAsura. Mohini, as the name suggests, attractive and mesmerizing

All I was saying that without downgrading status of Shiv and or Vishnu I managed to conclude something meaningful that is practically helpful in my spiritual progress.

Regarding Upanmanyu giving initiation, technically Krishna do not need any initiation, but this shows importance of initiation.

In case of Dadhichi v/s kshoopa, Brahmin is superior, is according to Shruti, so even God will not oppose it, hence Vishnu defeated and pleads or prays to Dadhichi. this shows that when you do a mistake, apologize. Nothing more. - now PR bhai, we gotta agree on this one

The problem is that Rudra sometimes has to be separated from Shiva or Sada shiva, specially when he is a storm-god or a prANa vayu. Shiva always remains Shiva. I think this is a point why some say that Shiva as Rudra is a demigod, as when Agni says I am the creator, actually, it is Brahman who is speaking and not individual identity called agni deva. He will continue to do his work as agni-deva and not start a new creation.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    The problem is that Rudra sometimes has to be separated from Shiva or Sada shiva, specially when he is a storm-god or a prANa vayu. Shiva always remains Shiva. I think this is a point why some say that Shiva as Rudra is a demigod, as when Agni says I am the creator, actually, it is Brahman who is speaking and not individual identity called agni deva. He will continue to do his work as agni-deva and not start a new creation.

Hari OM
    Namaste. Yes, so true!

It's one of the problems with worshiping a Vedic God - they often perform dual roles which doesn't sit at all comfortably with them being 'Brahman'.

I chose to name it 'Rudra' in contrast to Pashupati. Nothing more than that.

If you would really like me to go into it. The Great Lord is called Maharaja Devata (Maha Deva) or the Ancients knew it as Achintya (Atintya)...Widhi Wasa...the First among Firsts...the Primal...the Infinite.

This is what I believe Lord Shiva to be.

I have also decided to 'cut corners' and just call Brahman, Shiva. Why do separate terms exist anyway? What's the difference between Aham Brahmasmi and Shivoham?

....and that's why I worship Lord Shiva - besides the fact I just love Him anyway.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Namaste.

Sometimes I often wonder whose cruel idea of a joke this is.

A young, white girl on holidays, suddenly gets everything from the lineage of Maharishi Markandeya dropped into her small brain.

I probably asked for it, but God still hasn't told me what He wants me to do with all this info yet.

So, I continue to type here.

I am holding nothing back anymore. It's gonna be pretty much 'full-on' from this point on.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    I studied both the Andhra and draviDa recensions of the MNU, and I just reviewed those mantras a few days ago (the ones alluded to by you above). While they do praise gaNapati, uma, and so on, they do not describe these deities as Supreme Gods.
    Namaste,

I could not find copy of M.N. Up. . I checked sanskrit verses. The verses are present in 2nd khand, which are variants of Gayatri mantra, which is a maha mantra. I am under impression that variants of Gayatri mantra are only for Brahman. There is a surya gayatri mantra. Mostly it is andra pata.

I have got the book of atharvashirsa-s. I will scan and upload if I get time.

Aum
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

technically speaking during the Krishn era everyone worshipped Lord Shiv so we can understand that Lord Krishn also worshipped shiv. Now come to literature where one says Shiv worship krishn and other tells opposite to that. It is because when worship one God, he eventually sees him supreme being and sees all the Gods and devas was worshipping that supreme being. So when one Vedanti worship Lord shiv he will write that shiv is supreme to all gods and when some worship Krishn as their supreme god then he will write in his literature that krishn is supreme being. That same thing happen with Shiv Mahapuran, Vishnu Puran and other purans.

Thread Information