Thread: Does anyone knows where I can study the Vedas/Upanishads from a scholar in London.

1. Does anyone knows where I can study the Vedas/Upanishads from a scholar in London.

Hi all,

I am new to these forums and am very glad I found this site, as it is a little difficult to find people who share the same interest as me regarding religion/spirituality especially considering I am a 25 year old male British Hindu.

After reading many books from Various Swami's such as the works Swami Vivekananda, I feel it was an appropriate time to go back into our history and study the ancient scriptures.

Does anyone know of any teachers that slowly and patiently teach the meaning of all the verses in the Upanishads and all 4 Vedas?

Thanks

Re: Does anyone knows where I can study the Vedas/Upanishads from a scholar in London

Namaste,

I am going to be conducting classes on the Vedas for all the mullahs in our nearby masjid. I can have them taped and sent to you. Would you be interested? Of course it is not going to be free, as I will have to pay for the cost of videography. So, if interested, let me know.

Pranam.

Re: Does anyone knows where I can study the Vedas/Upanishads from a scholar in London

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownDepths View Post

Does anyone know of any teachers that slowly and patiently teach the meaning of all the verses in the Upanishads and all 4 Vedas?

Thanks
    Vannakkam: Welcome to HDF. Have you tried asking at the various Mandirs, or calling a Vedanta Society? I don't think we have anyone on HDF from London. I'm also not sure if such classes even exist in any formal way.

Best wishes finding what you're looking for.

Aum Namasivaya

Search for Chinmaya mission in London.

I sent my kids there for couple of years. They have adult discussion groups wherein they discuss vedas/upanishads.

I am familiar with the one in USA since my kids went there. I am assuming that the one at London might have a similar structure.

They were charging an annual membership fee in my place - which I did not mind paying , since they were in a rented facility. You may inquire about that also.

Go to local ISKCON temple. They give regular classes, lectures. Or you can listen some lectures online.
    Hari Bol!

Thread Information