Thread: hello

hello

Hello all,

It's a pleasure to join in on this forum. My name's Mike, I'm 28 and live in the northeast USA. I have every intention of trying to absorb some of the knowledge and wisdom to be found here. My first experience of dharma was Buddhadharma, but I've found myself drawn more toward ideas in Hinduism and Vedanta. I've often found myself torn over having to choose between Buddhadharma and Hindu Dharma, because both traditions make extensive use of yogic meditation and yet seem to have very different things to say on the nature of the self and reality.

I'm a very philosophically-minded person, very 'in the head', but also have some experience with altered states of consciousness. I have a lot of questions about reality, God, consciousness, and I look forward to exploring these and learning from others on this forum.

Thanks and peace.

Re: hello

Welcome to the forums Mike ! Hindus are Truth Seekers and love all those who seek Truth.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Vannakkam Mike, and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

Thanks! Look forward to conversations!

Hari Om!

Greetings Mike and Welcome.

You are certain to find an abundance of information here to add to what is already in your head. A "head person" myself, I enjoy the journey in the forum and wish you the same.

Om

Thread Information