Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arya Samaj

Arya Samaj

Arya Samaj (Sanskrit ārya samāja आर्य समाज "Noble Society") is a Hindu reform movement founded by Swami Dayananda on 10 April 1875.[1] He was a sannyasi who believed in the infallible authority of the Vedas. Dayananda emphasized the ideals of brahmacharya (chastity). There are 3–4 million followers of Arya Samaj worldwide.

Drawing what are seen to be the logical conclusions from these principles, the Arya Samaj also unequivocally condemns practices such as polytheism, iconolatry, animal sacrifice, ancestor worship, pilgrimage, priestcraft, the belief in avatars or incarnations of God, the hereditary caste system, untouchability and child marriage on the grounds that all these lack Vedic sanction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arya_Samaj

http://www.aryasamaj.com/
    "[I]O Indra, lead us on the path of Rta, on the right path over all evils[/I]."
    [SIZE=1]--RV 10.133.6[/SIZE]

[B]When i look into the mirror i see india, the land of aryans, the craddle of civilization, the mother of all religions.[/B]

Re: Arya Samaj

aram dāso na mīlhuse karānyaham devāya bhūrnaye.anāghāh |
    acetayadacito devo aryo ghrtsam rāye kavitaro junāti || 7/86/7mndlm
    Slave like [ DEVOTEE] may I do service[ SHRADDHA ...shraddhaya satyamapyate ..yaj OR BHAKTI] to the Bounteous, serve, free from sin, the God inclined to anger.
    This gentle Lord gives wisdom to the simple: the wiser parmatma leads on the wise to riches.....by sri griffith ralph
    This is the translation by a foreigner , still it comprises the devotion and many more translations are there, suiting to their discipline [ I do not say religion ]. Aryasamaj , jainism and other many hindu traditions define but I dont find vedas translation as possible .Even upanishads try to make it possible ...but ...but ... there chapter for devotion lacks . So bhagwatgita is only the solution to exactly define the vedas gist and more to say ....devotion chapter 12 exists there . I as the shaiiva devotee may consider shiva explaining to shakti . But I am sorry to say that ARYASAMAJIS have still to consider .

I am very interested in what you are trying to say, but unfortunately, I do not comprehend your English. Could you write in Hindi perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I am very interested in what you are trying to say, but unfortunately, I do not comprehend your English. Could you write in Hindi perhaps?
    But I dont know hindi typing .

No problem, but if you want you can use itranslator of Omkarananda Ashram: http://www.omkarananda-ashram.org/Sa.../Itranslt.html

7. Cool Re: Arya Samaj

यहाँ हिंदी आसानी से type हो सकती है
    http://www.google.com/transliterate/
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by PARAM View Post
    यहाँ हिंदी आसानी से type हो सकती है
    http://www.google.com/transliterate/
    सीताराम सीताराम सीताराम कहिये
    जाही विधि राखे राम ताहि विधि रहिये .
    धन्यवाद परमजी , अच्छा प्रयास है .

नमस्ते,
    जी हां बहुत अच्छा
    Last edited by satay; 24 January 2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: correction
    satay

10. Cool Re: Arya Samaj

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    सीताराम सीताराम सीताराम कहिये
    जाही विधि राखे राम ताहि विधि रहिये
    जय श्री राम जय सीताराम

I would like to say that Swami Dayanand's work was very logically motivated. During my study days I read about politically motivated Aryan Invasion Theory in textbook, textbook were not logic but I have to write what I read there.

There in one of the logic (illogic) wit about Aryan invasion was written that According to Swami Dayanand Aryans invaded from Tibet, and there reason was given that, according to Swami Dayanand Aryans worship Sun because Tibet was a very cold place. Objection to this wit was- There are so many Cold places in the World where there is no Sun worship, while there are many hot places in the world where Sun is worshipped. I accepted it, and thought Dayanand lacks logic.

But somewhere against atheists I read Praise about same Dayanand of Arya Samaj who proved the existence of Ishwar. I was first shocked how logic it is, and what I read in text book was lie?

Then later I read Satyarth Prakash; however I was not 100% with it, but accepted the Logic, it cannot be challenged easily; and I started checking everything with Wits and Logic, instead of accepting anything written by someone.
    Last edited by satay; 24 January 2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Thanks Param for the correction.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information