Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Narendra Modi- What He Represents

Re: Narendra Modi- What He Represents

Quote Originally Posted by Omkara View Post
    I think BJP may even cross 220 seats this time. what I dread is an NDA-2 with Mamata in it. Recipe for disaster.
    Pranam-s, Omkara:

What is the current count, do you know by any chance? How are the outlooks for BJP taking 2014 in terms of victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Pranam-s, Omkara:

What is the current count, do you know by any chance? How are the outlooks for BJP taking 2014 in terms of victory?
    See this- I broadly agree-
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=12165
    namastE astu bhagavan vishveshvarAya mahAdevAya tryaMbakAya|
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

sarvam shrI umA-mahEshwara parabrahmArpaNamastu

A Shaivite library
    http://www.scribd.com/HinduismLibrary

Addendum: Mark my words, 2014 will be decided in UP, Bihar and Andhra Pradesh. These are the states to watch. Results in remaining states are mostly a foregone conclusion.
    tripurAntakAya trikAgnikAlAya kAlAgnirudrAya nIlakaNThAya mRtyuJNjayAya sarveshvarAya sadAshivAya shrIman mAhAdevAya ||

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Pranam-s,

If BJP gains 200+ seats in 2014, that will be a sweeping victory for Shri Modi-ji, correct? Does that mean he will become the next Prime Minister of Bhārat?

Pranam-s,

If BJP gains 200+ seats in 2014, that will be a sweeping victory for Shri Modi-ji, correct? Does that mean he will become the next Prime Minister of Bhārat?
    Not necessarily.
    The only ally he is assured of is Jayalalitha. She will bring in 20-25 seats.
    As I said before, everything depends on UP. BJP got 57 seats here in 1998. It got 10 seats in 2009. The situation here is in etreme flux. SP, Cong are getting decimated. It is a BJP vs BSP battle. BJP can get anything between 20-60 seats here. It is all in flux. The main thing here is- today Congress and its allies have 70 out of 80 seats in UP. Modi has to reduce that to 25-30 to win 2014.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Not necessarily.
    The only ally he is assured of is Jayalalitha. She will bring in 20-25 seats.
    As I said before, everything depends on UP. BJP got 57 seats here in 1998. It got 10 seats in 2009. The situation here is in etreme flux. SP, Cong are getting decimated. It is a BJP vs BSP battle. BJP can get anything between 20-60 seats here. It is all in flux. The main thing here is- today Congress and its allies have 70 out of 80 seats in UP. Modi has to reduce that to 25-30 to win 2014.
    Pranam-s,

Is BSP better than Congress? And, I hope BJP wins in Gujarat. BJP has made Gujarat very prosperous and is continuing to prosper and develop.

Pranam-s,

Is BSP better than Congress? And, I hope BJP wins in Gujarat. BJP has made Gujarat very prosperous and is continuing to prosper and develop.
    My,My .

You really need to learn more about Indian politics.

BSP is a B-team of Congress. They will oppose and abuse Congress outside Parliament but in parliament their votes will go to the Congress. Every seat won by BSP is one more seat supporting a congress government. Same with SP. These two parties together have 44 seats. Majority mark is 272. As long as these two parties are not decimated, BJP cannot come to power.

The big gamechanger could be a BSP-Cong alliance. Congress is going all out for this and has cancelled corruption cases against BSP leader Mayawati, given her 3 bungalows and unfreezed bank account of 400 crore of corruption money of her brother. Mayawati is waiting for December state elections to get over where Congress will probably lose 4-0 to BJP. Then she will drive a hard bargain.

If Congress and BSP tie up then it will be OBCs and FCs vs Muslims and Dalits in the Hindi Heartland. Very unpredictable.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Pranam-s,

I hope BJP wins. I wish BJP all the best.

Namaste Omkara,

what I dread is an NDA-2 with Mamata in it. Recipe for disaster.
    I agree, a pact with Mamata is worse than the same with Jaya. Jaya is Hindu by heart but can't say the same thing w.r.t to Mamata.

And I am not sure whether BJP will contest in 300+ seats, seat sharing among its allies will be painful to handle.

Aam Aadmi Party seem to be doing good in Delhi from the reports I saw. I see them as the only party (ideologically) which can counter Communists and TMC in Bengal, but not sure about their presence away from national capital.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    And I am not sure whether BJP will contest in 300+ seats, seat sharing among its allies will be painful to handle.
    BJP is contesting 450 seats this election. Seats where it can actually win are about 310. As you can see, I am a political junkie. You can ask me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Aam Aadmi Party seem to be doing good in Delhi from the reports I saw. I see them as the only party (ideologically) which can counter Communists and TMC in Bengal, but not sure about their presence away from national capital.
    AAP is a left wing 'secular' party like Left and TMC. AAP has well known Naxals and Kashmiri separatists as its members.

In any case, they are a non issue outside Delhi. Even in Delhi, polls are shiwing that over half of AAP voters will vote for BJP in Lok Sabha. BJP will sweep Delhi 7-0 in Lok Sabha.

Om shrImAtrE namah

A Shaivite library

Thread Information