Thread: shridi sai baba

shridi sai baba

Namaste,

I have just discovered Shridi Sai Baba. Please share all you can about him.

Also, what is he often wearing on his head such as both he and the child are wearing in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pma-JWKtZ14

Love you,
    <3

Re: shridi sai baba

Namaste Heartfully

Sai Ram , Sai Shyam

Its worth noting that I was thinking of Shirdi Sai Baba yesterday, only to find your post today ! That is typical of Sai Baba, to give/transfer remembrance.

Sai Baba of Shirdi is krpa personified. What can I say about Him ? It will simply not be enough or do justice.

Darshan at Shirdi : (where he performed all lilas)
    http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/s...vedarshan1.htm

His biography - very popular - is called SaiSatCharitra, originally written by his close associate and devotee in Marathi , a regional Indian language from Maharashtra.
    http://www.saibaba.org/saisatc.html

To his devotees, he is Ram , Shyam, Vitthal, Datta avataar (Incarnation of Dattatreya) ....

His devotees were both Hindus and Muslims , he brought them together. Today , they are from all possible religions - Parsis, Christians too from everywhere.

He emphasized on faith , surrender, devotion and Atma jnana (knowledge of the Self). To the devotees' surprise he was antaryami - read their minds,
    what they did 3 yrs ago, and set them straight.

Even today , 100 yrs after leaving his body , he looks over those who turn to him, and gives darshan to numerous.

In his embodied days, he commanded Hindu devotees to read Bhagvat, Sri Ramayan, learn Vishnusahasranaam, etc. or whatever their kula, sampraday
    had for them.

To the muslims he spoke of Allah's words and wish. "Allah Malik" he would say , renouncing any ego.

He cured thousands , solved problems and continues to do so today. He did not want devotees to lead a life of hardships or discomfort , illness and misery, but brought out the devotion and righteousness in them.

About his attire - the dress is a combination of hindu and muslim. Since he was raised by a muslim fakir at a very young age, the dress stayed.
    Kafni and the cloth on the head - don't remember what its called.

He promised people that although his body dies, he will be there, and also come back - that is Satya Sai Baba of today , reincarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba.

praNAm
    Last edited by smaranam; 09 February 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste,

Wow, I'm in awe. Thanks for taking the time to share all this. This rocks, but it is too personal to explain why right now.

Thanks again.
    Love <3

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Namaste Heartfully

Sai Ram , Sai Shyam

Its worth noting that I was thinking of Shirdi Sai Baba yesterday, only to find your post today ! That is typical of Sai Baba, to give/transfer remembrance.

Sai Baba of Shirdi is krpa personified. What can I say about Him ? It will simply not be enough or do justice.

Darshan at Shirdi : (where he performed all lilas)
    http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/s...vedarshan1.htm

His biography - very popular - is called SaiSatCharitra, originally written by his close associate and devotee in Marathi , a regional Indian language from Maharashtra.
    http://www.saibaba.org/saisatc.html

To his devotees, he is Ram , Shyam, Vitthal, Datta avataar (Incarnation of Dattatreya) ....

His devotees were both Hindus and Muslims , he brought them together. Today , they are from all possible religions - Parsis, Christians too from everywhere.

He emphasized on faith , surrender, devotion and Atma jnana (knowledge of the Self). To the devotees' surprise he was antaryami - read their minds,
    what they did 3 yrs ago, and set them straight.

Even today , 100 yrs after leaving his body , he looks over those who turn to him, and gives darshan to numerous.

In his embodied days, he commanded Hindu devotees to read Bhagvat, Sri Ramayan, learn Vishnusahasranaam, etc. or whatever their kula, sampraday
    had for them.

To the muslims he spoke of Allah's words and wish. "Allah Malik" he would say , renouncing any ego.

He cured thousands , solved problems and continues to do so today. He did not want devotees to lead a life of hardships or discomfort , illness and misery, but brought out the devotion and righteousness in them.

About his attire - the dress is a combination of hindu and muslim. Since he was raised by a muslim fakir at a very young age, the dress stayed.
    Kafni and the cloth on the head - don't remember what its called.

He promised people that although his body dies, he will be there, and also come back - that is Satya Sai Baba of today , reincarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba.

praNAm

I'm a worshiper of Shirdi Sai Baba. I'm glad to hear that you've discovered him. Smaranam has providedan excellent summary of him. Really, the Satcharitra is the best place to go for primary-source information. I believe there's also a condensed version available in print.

I visited Shirdi in year 2000 when I was on my way to Sathya Sai and it was a nice visit. I was the only westerner there. I had the opportunity to put a flower at his samadhi (tomb).

As far as I know someone threw a stone at his head when he was younger, thats why he was wearing the cloth on his head. He was shaven under it.
    “There is a Guru in each of us. It is the Atma principle. It is the Eternal Witness functioning as Conscience in everyone. With this Conscience as guide, let all actions be done.” (sss20-15)

I visited a Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Kuala Lumpur. It was in a shop lot and there was a shop at the front selling eggless cakes.

In the middle of the temple there was a marble statue of Shirdi Sai Baba. Everyone took turns offering a plate with lamps to the statue of him, while a special version of 'Om Jai Jagdish Hare' was played in honour of Sai Baba.

Shirdi Sai Baba actually lived in a mosque. He practiced both Hindu and Islamic rituals and tried to merge the teachings of the two religions. He always uttered "Allah Malik" - God is the sole protector.

Thread Information