Vannakkam:

I am wondering if anyone here has faced similar problems. The other day our temple manager shared this story:

We have a sign at the entrance that prohibits cameras, cell phones, encourages silence, says no shoes, etc. The other day, not during a crowded time, this guy is taking pictures with his camera. The manager politely goes up to him and mentions that we don't allow the taking pictures, and says there's a sign outside about it.

The fellow basically says, "I don't care. I'm taking pictures anyway," and continues.

Besides the obvious rudeness and disrespect, I wonder what temples do or can do within the law when this happens. If you wear your shoes blatantly into a mosque or light up a cigarette inside a Christian church, is there any legal precedent. Do we have the right to call the cops and/or ban people?

I sort of felt like taking down the guys license plate, finding a lawyer, and doing something. At the very least some letter reprimand by the board of trustees. At least that might keep the guy away in the future.

Aum Namasivaya