Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hari Krishna and Forgiveness

Re: Hari Krishna and Forgiveness

Namaste Aspirant,

Under the pretext of modernity, we are moving away from the moral values. When there is a decline in moral values of the general public, the resultant Karma manifests itself into Asuras. Politicians are the modern day Asurs. Its needless to discuss the power and wealth they possessed and ofcourse the atrocity committed by Asurs.

If I smoke, its my family members Dharma to stop me from doing so. If they don't they too will have to face the bad effects of my smoking. We pollute the nature in the worst possible way, and still we expect Nature to keep quite.

To understand the law of Karma, I would suggest you to read Ramayana. Compare the events described in it with your own. You ll realize how many mistakes you have committed in the past. Also check with your present lifestyle and ask yourself whether you deserve the goodness you are enjoying at present. You ll find answers to the questions you have raised.

Our scriptures have tons and tons of wisdom embedded in them. We not only neglect them but rely on western theories which mocks at our scriptures. Most of the postulates we read in our Science books were available in our scriptures since ages. But we won't teach our scriptures to our children. Illiteracy is a cyclic devil but we are spread it.
    A final word, if Congress or DMK or anyother party is looting us, then we should ask ourselves why did we allow them in first place. That question will trigger series of questions. Then spend sometime to read AnthaShasthra or Mahabharata. Then kindly read what our beloved Mahatma Gandhi had done to us. We today in one way or other paying heavily for His wise decision to keep an atheist at the top by sidelining other freedom fighters.

Ask yourself why all Kauravas were destined to die? Duryodhan wasn't all that bad, but why he met that fate?

I ll stop here, because I will go on and on. I ll reiterate. Law of Karma is simple. As you sow, so you ll reap.
    Anirudh...

I would not say it is so simple. Aspirant has a point. Why do wealthy politicians live in luxury and yet they have no moral values? Why do beauty queens get name and fame and then live lives of pointless materialism with little or no spiritual values? The reality is that karma is quite complicated, because the reactions we enjoy or suffer can be from actions committed in any of our millions of previous lives, or even within this life itself. Thus, we are indeed reaping what we sow, but over countless lifetimes.

There is another point here, and that is that "good" karma can be binding without any jnaana to point to a higher purpose in living. The corrupt politician enjoys his wealth from previous "good" karma, but will earn much bad karma for his corruption in the hear and now, and he may suffer the reaction for it in this life but most likely will do so in a future life.

Karma is like the spoke of a turning wheel - sometimes up, sometimes down. The purpose of life is to break free of this cyclical mode of existence.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I for one, never understood the current day success of politicians who amass all the wealth but are corrupt to the core (capable of murdering many or even mass murders) or of glorious beauty queens when so many are born utterly dark and weigh a ton, or of the honesty in having returned a bag full of money by a homeless man and so forth... What merit or lack of it would they have done?
    Vannakkam: My understanding of this phenomena is they are very young souls, not evolved enough to be able to see through this maya, clouded by anava. They are the pre-schoolers in the school of life, the evolution of the soul to its destiny, and have many hundreds of lifetimes to go. Since they are so very very unaware, their karma may not be so bad, such as the person who doesn't know about ahimsa.

They also provide a lesson for the rest of us ... not to be like them.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I for one, never understood the current day success of politicians who amass all the wealth but are corrupt to the core (capable of murdering many or even mass murders) or of glorious beauty queens when so many are born utterly dark and weigh a ton, or of the honesty in having returned a bag full of money by a homeless man and so forth... What merit or lack of it would they have done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: My understanding of this phenomena is they are very young souls, not evolved enough to be able to see through this maya, clouded by anava. They are the pre-schoolers in the school of life, the evolution of the soul to its destiny, and have many hundreds of lifetimes to go. Since they are so very very unaware, their karma may not be so bad, such as the person who doesn't know about ahimsa.

Aum Namasivaya
    Sita Ram,

Surely, at the same time, there is a collective aspect to karma. It is not just the individualized karma of the greedy, corrupt politicians' souls, but the collectivized implementations of the fruits of karma for society as a whole. The degrees of interconnection between embodied consciousness is surely immense, if not infinite; therefore, would not the very nature of these souls, their karmic nature, be interconnected as well? With such astounding degrees of interconnectivity, they are dramatically related to the extent of collective actions having collective fruits and consequences. In the example of the greedy, corrupt politicians, their current state has a tremendous impact on society itself, due to the collective actions of all. It is not only the prior karma of the greedy, corrupt politicians' souls, but the prior karma of society as a whole that bears fruit the predicament of all; that predicament being the current state of affairs, politically, socially, and spiritually. The karmic debts of egoistic souls embodied as greedy, corrupt politicians and the collectivized suffering of society as a whole due to it's zeal to find bliss in the grasp of those egoistic politicians is the karmic fruits in play of the interconnected souls of pure consciousness. We all can look back to the time of Ram Rajya for the inspiration for future karma - a time when society placed it's trust, love, and faith in God Himself; at the lotus feet of the Lord rather than the hands of egoistic souls; not in the illusory appeal of the ego, but in the love and bliss of the Self.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Vannakkam Ramakrishna: Yes, you make a good point. The attractive runway model making so much money is often not happy, and nothing more than a slave to a clothing capitalist, and the rich athletes are only there because of a collection of people willing to pay to watch them. Politicians can be nobodies who run for the right party at the right time. So its the party (a collective) that gets the individual elected.

Excellent points . Thanks.

Aum namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post

Aum Namasivaya
    That is an excellent idea. Thank you for sharing it with us, EMji.

Thank you also, Ramakrishna ji. Your post on collective consciousness and its karma is interesting. We would be interested in knowing the collective karma of Hindustan in having fallen into the hands of such politicians whose only interest is self-promotion and a general mode of functioning where only bribes sell even for a petty job with the government.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Sri Matre Namaha,

what are the merits of discussing such matters?

Can't we have some better topics to discuss.

I have gone through a lot of forums of this site, but am deeply disappointed with the forums under Puranas.

Nothing but mud slinging or some useless discussions are happening here under these forums.

For once I felt that I should remove my profile from this site.

Sri Matre Namaha

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaRNexus View Post
    I was wondering, I read this line:

"Simply by chanting one holy name of Hari, a sinful man can counteract the reactions to more sins than he is able to commit." (Bṛhad-viṣṇu Purāṇa)

I know the chanting the Hari Krishna mantra can free one from their sins HOWEVER, the above line, from my understanding, if a person once says the words "Hari Krishna" are they still free from their sins? Is this true?

This is correct. In the Brahmanda Purana it is stated:

sahasra-namnam punyanam, trir-avrttya tu yat phalam;
    ekavrttya tu krsnasya, namaikam tat prayacchati.

"And the pious results (punya) achieved by chanting the thousand holy names of Visnu (Visnu-sahasra-nama-stotram) three times or the Holy Name of Rama thrice can be attained by only one utterance of the Holy Name of Krsna"

And Krsna name have these sin-purifying effect it states in many puranas and samhitas.
    But there are offences against the Holy Name of Krsna/Visnu and they must be avoid otherewise You don`t have any effect. Whole vaisnava philosophy is based on the idea not to offend holy name, saint persons and scriptures.
    There offences against Holy Name are exacly like below:

The offenses against chanting the holy name are as follows: 1) To blaspheme the devotees who have dedicated their lives for propagating the holy name of the Lord.
    2) To consider the names of the demigods like Lord Siva or Lord Brahma to be equal to, or independent of, the name Lord Visnu.
    3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master.
    4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version.
    5) To consider the glories of chanting Hare Krsna to be imagination.
    6) To give some interpretation on the holy name of the Lord.
    7) To commit sinful activities on the strength of chanting the holy name of the Lord.
    8) To consider chanting of Hare Krsna one of the auspicious ritualistic activities offered in the Vedas as fruitive activities (karma-kanda).
    9) To instruct a faithless person about the glories of the holy name.
    10) To not have complete faith in the chanting of the holy names and to maintain material attachments, even after understanding so many instructions on this matter.
    Every devotee who claims to be a Vaisnava must guard against these offenses in order to quickly achieve the desired success.
    Remember that even if one feels they are being offensive, there is no need to stop chanting. By trying to chant sincerely and serving the spiritual master, we may be purified of our offenses and may be able to chant purely.

This is vaisnava understanding of this point. If You say one name without offence You can be saved. Read the story of sinful Ajamila from Bhagavata Purana he was saved only by saing the Name of Narayana at the moment of death. But still You can`t just say one name and that`s all, because by the mercy of The Name of Krsna Your sinfull reaction will be manifested even in this life not only after death and You will get reaction not as a result of karma but as a lesson not to do it again and it will be not karma but a tiny reaction to stop You from do it again. This is the Holy Name mercy.

Devotees who chant the Name od Krsna constantly have this experience (vijnana). You get reaction but not as hard as You should and it will be to stop You.

Thread Information