Thread: You all and I

You all and I

Namaste friends,

I'd just like to give a round of applause and blessings to all on this forum and the creator. This forum has been a large source of Vedic information. I pray that my experience will become more and more joyfull!

Blessings to you all! (May someone tell me the Sanskrit phrase of that?)

Dhanyavadah!
    Jai Maa Durga

Re: You all and I

Namaste cmorel,

I am far from being able to translate this with out the help of a good search engine, but I couldn't let such a nice post go with out a response.

"shubhaM bhuuyaat.h | ma~NgalaM bhuuyaat.h | svasti |

bhuuyaat is let there be, shubhaM or ma.ngalaM is for auspiciousness or wellbeing. Basically the message projected is that "let good things come to you."

Found here.

May your path be lit with joy...

praNAma

mana
    Last edited by Mana; 20 December 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Namaste Manaji and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste cmorel,

I am far from being able to translate this with out the help of a good search engine, but I couldn't let such a nice post go with out a response.

"shubhaM bhuuyaat.h | ma~NgalaM bhuuyaat.h | svasti |

bhuuyaat is let there be, shubhaM or ma.ngalaM is for auspiciousness or wellbeing. Basically the message projected is that "let good things come to you."

Found here.

May your path be lit with joy...

praNAma

mana
    Nice coincidence I found your post:

Is shubhaM bhuuyaat.h | ma~NgalaM bhuuyaat.h | svasti | one phrase or three?

From Frequently Asked Questions for Sanskrit Documents site

shubhaM bhuuyaat.h | ma~NgalaM bhuuyaat.h | svasti |
    I'm thinking it's one phrase that says "Let there be good/happiness; let there be well-being, auspiciousness.

Svastir is in the first line of the peace prayer: SARVESHAM SVASTIR BHAVATU "May auspiciousness be unto all"; the third line has SARVESHAM MANGALAM BHAVATU "May prosperity be unto all"; and shubha is used in Shubha Deepavali, Shubha Panchaganapati, which I take to mean "Good/"Happy Deepavali/Panchaganapati", etc. for greetings on holidays.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Maya

Thread Information