Thread: Awake: The Life of Yogananda

Awake: The Life of Yogananda

"Archival material from the life of Yogananda (who died in 1952) creates a spine for the narrative, but the film stretches the dimensions of a standard biography. The footage includes stylized interviews, metaphoric imagery and recreations, taking us from holy pilgrimages in India to Harvard’s Divinity School and its cutting-edge physics labs, from the Center for Science and Spirituality at the University of Pennsylvania to the Chopra Center in Carlsbad, California. By evoking the journey of the soul as it pushes its way through the oppression of the human ego and delusion of the material world, the film creates an experiential immersion into the unseen realms. AWAKE is ultimately the story of humanity itself: the universal struggle of all beings to free themselves from suffering and to seek lasting happiness."

Re: Awake: The Life of Yogananda

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Sivathondu View Post
    "AWAKE is ultimately the story of humanity itself: the universal struggle of all beings to free themselves from suffering and to seek lasting happiness."
    If I watch this movie, would that free me from my suffering and give me lasting peace?
    Or is this just an advertisement for everyone to see a movie on the life of your favorite Swami?

Pranam.

Re: Awake: The Life of Yogananda

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

If I watch this movie, would that free me from my suffering and give me lasting peace?
    Greetings,

Consider watching the movie as an opportunity for darshan.

Thread Information