Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Vannakkam: Rudraksha tree is one of a family of about 150 trees. I'm sure some have similar seeds, and similar qualities for making them. I know that if I was a botanist tree guy, I'd be experimenting with many.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste ji,

I hope this doesn't side-track the thread, but speaking to EM ji's reply, I'm not a botanist but love gardening and have looked in to some of this. There are indeed many, but even more promising E. Gantrius is apparently incredibly hardy and adaptable to all kinds of environments and a wide range of temperatures. My own horticultural region (6b) is just shy of its lower tolerance, so I'm researching an idea in trunk grafting to more hardy root stock... But, many of the horticultural zones in the US should be able to support growth of Rudraksha, I have wondered why more people haven't tried to grow them here.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Aanandinii View Post
    Namaskar Divinelight,

Yes, Rudra Centre and their online website are indeed 100%, I can feel comfortable saying that after being a customer for a year. I am not affiliated with them nor do I receive any benefit from saying this.

My personal experience is that Nepal beads carry more power than Java, but I am partial to the beauty of the Nepal beads and their natural hole, so take that for what its worth. You will never find a 1-face Nepal Rudraksha, so in that case get the Java. I have not noticed a difference in the power dependent on the size of the bead, but then I've never held a Rudraksha bigger than 22mm so I can't really say beyond that size.

From what I understand, the Hawaiian beads are Elaeocarpus Gantrius, the Nepal variety, planted by the Saiva Siddhanta Adheenam.

Finally, thank you for reviving this thread. I had not yet seen this one before and have learned some new things.

~Pranam

PS, there is rumored to be an Australian variety, Elaeocarpus Grandiflora, which is bigger than the Nepal bead. But this variety has still not been scientifically described and so there is still some disagreement as to whether or not it is a different and larger species than the Nepal variety or the same but just adapted to the Australian environment in some way that makes them a bit bigger - perhaps older trees or something.
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Thank you for this amazing post. Thanks is not not needed for reviving this thread it is my pleasure. I can discuss Rudraksha with those who share the same love. As you can already tell I may have an obsession with Rudraksha. Together our knowledge will dispel misinformation.

When you say Nepali beads are more powerful then Java is that because they take a shorter peroid of time to take effect on a person? My main question is, do they eventually both have the same intended purpose or is the outcome better with Nepali beads. The price difference between the beads is vast ex. Rudra Centre's therapy combinations have huge differences between Nepal and Java beads. I wish to obtain Nepali beads (especially a 14 mukhi) but as a university student it all depends on what my parents can pay/afford.

From what I know/heard some of the bigger Rudraksha (collector sizes) should be placed at the alter and not worn since they are too powerful for a person. The 6 mukhi I wear is fairly large so I am not sure if this rule varies from person to person. You do make a good point about size vs power of a bead this has eased my mind in terms of not focusing on it as much.

I would stick to Rudraksha grown by the Elaeocarpus Gantrius tree. This is considered the true "Rudraksha". I briefly touch on it in another thread:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=12253

There is much debate about this topic. The Elaepcarpus tree makes Rudraksha. Elaeocarpus ganitrus is what makes the round highly sought after Rudraksha. While Elaeocarpus tuberculatus tree produces the flat shaped 1 mukhis we see in the market (flat 1, 2, 3 mukhis comes from here). We would have to refer scriptures to determine what is right and wrong. From my understanding it is not a "real" Rudraksha it cannot be compared to a round 1 mukhi. 1-3 mukhi tend to collapse on themselves and the rare ones remain round. Many claim that these are okay to wear and that a Round 1 mukhi>Oval 1 mukhi> Cashew 1 mukhi. Very few 1 round mukhi a produced each year and are often never sold. The only way to obtain one is luck. They say in Nepal the king has a tree that produces 3 1 mukhi a year one automatically goes to the heavens, while one the king keeps and one is placed on the altar and later given out with prashad to a lucky person. 1 Mukhi will give you everything (make you a king etc.) but its real power is it draws you toward moksha, its makes you renounce everything; they say you become withdrawn from people and society your sole focus is God and becoming one with the supreme. So if your ambition is to become rich and successful then this Rudraskha is not the one. It will give you success but that success is renunciation and liberation which in my opinion is the only REAL success in this universe.
    -divnelight

Namaste ji,

I hope this doesn't side-track the thread, but speaking to EM ji's reply, I'm not a botanist but love gardening and have looked in to some of this. There are indeed many, but even more promising E. Gantrius is apparently incredibly hardy and adaptable to all kinds of environments and a wide range of temperatures. My own horticultural region (6b) is just shy of its lower tolerance, so I'm researching an idea in trunk grafting to more hardy root stock... But, many of the horticultural zones in the US should be able to support growth of Rudraksha, I have wondered why more people haven't tried to grow them here.

~Pranam
    Namaste Aanandinii,

If you are interested in growing your own Rudraksha trees this clip may help you. In the documentary they mention that it is very difficult to grow a Rudraksha tree from seeds. Basically to grow a new tree they must graft an old tree. The individual briefly touches on how it is done hopefully this may help you. If you don't want to watch all of the clip go to the 5 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKq1-oplqg

-divnelight

Namaste DivineLight,

First let me say Wow! and Thank You! for the link. I did watch the whole thing, though I regret I didn't understand most of it. I was gratified to realize my Hindi has gotten just a tiny bit better so I did catch some phrases and words here and there, but most of the information given was lost to me. This is a common challenge for westerners who have interest I am sure, there is little enough information but even less for those of us with little to no skill in Hindi or other Indian/Nepalese languages.

I am not certain it's really that difficult to grow the trees though. It strikes me that it would be a convenient thing for one invested in an orchard of such trees to say, in order to help keep competition down. But I think it's also more likely that it is difficult to keep up with demand, and even fast growing trees are going to need a lot of time to reach a size where they will produce the kinds of fruits/seeds that are the most profitable. And so a fast answer is to graft the branches of saplings to full-grown trees - this could also potentially extend the life span of the older trees as well. Certainly what they showed in the video was branch grafting and not full trunk grafting. And since any tree seedling will need to have branches cut as it grows, to help the growth-habit remain healthy, why waste those potentially useful branches that were cut? It would make a huge amount of good sense to graft them to older trees to boot productivity instead of just letting the cuttings die and throwing them away...

I say it seems unlikely it's so hard to grow the trees because of what we see in Hawaii and because of an online acquaintance I have made. In Hawaii, the Saiva Siddhanta Adheenam started a grove that rapidly spread to a full forest, and since then people have taken seeds from that forest and planted their own groves easily enough. As I understand it, there are Rudraksha groves on most of the Hawaiian Islands now. This would not be possible if it were so difficult to grow the trees, and these are indeed Nepalese variety.

The person I have traded a few emails with online has started her own grove as well. She found that most of the fruits you buy are not fully mature, so the seeds are in fact not viable, or the seeds have been partly eaten by beetles before the seeds were cleaned. She tells me that once the fruit turns blue, they are usually picked, but that doesn't mean they are fully mature yet, they are only viable and mature when they drop to the ground on their own - but a lot of the orchard sellers don't wait for that because that's when the beetles get to the fruits, lowering their value. I am told that in Hawaii though, all the fruits the Shaiva Adheenam sell on mini-mela.com are picked from the ground - I'm guessing they don't have the same level of predation and maybe don't even have that kind of beetle there, but even so my own experience is that some of the fruits I have gotten have some beetle larvae and the seed is itself undamaged and quite potent. I have only ever found one single one out of over 120 so far of those that had any damage from beetles. They usually eat the fruit pulp, it seems.

My acquaintance got some fruits from one of the Hawaiian groves, picked from the ground, and those did indeed sprout and are growing. They are even producing fruits now and she sells some of the mature seed. In the coming harvest I plan on buying some.

All this said, the Satsang Temple I go to has 7 Rudraksha seedlings, supposedly grown from seeds purchased from Rudra Center. I have no idea what they plan to do with them when they get bigger, but again, they were able to grow them fairly easily it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by divnelight View Post
    I can discuss Rudraksha with those who share the same love. As you can already tell I may have an obsession with Rudraksha.
    LOL! You and me both, we seem to be in good company with each other! The more I learn the more I understand what a gift and a true marvel this tree is. Everything about it speaks deepest and truest beauty to me.

I look forward to more discussion, and maybe we can draw in more people too. I would love to hear more of EMji's experience, for instance. He says 6 months to prepare after harvest? My own only take about 1 month so I would be interested to hear about the process, perhaps I am doing things wrong as I am certainly learning as I go and have found some of the things I did to begin with were less successful than some of the processes I use now...
    I would stick to Rudraksha grown by the Elaeocarpus Gantrius tree. This is considered the true "Rudraksha". I briefly touch on it in another thread:

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=12253
    Yes, I have read your other posts with interest. As I said, I can only speak from my personal experience and I may have some personal bias... I have never touched or even seen a Rudraksha of that size, I didn't even know they got so large.

It's entirely possible that there is greater power to one so big, but my instinct tells me that the power is really inherent in the bead itself and its connection to an individual, not so much the size. As a for instance, I recently uncovered a 7-Mukh bead, but I immediately knew as I held it that it was not for me. The power might still be there if I kept it, but it wouldn't be as strong and could backfire. But the 4-Mukh I found was immediately powerful and definitely mine. I also wonder if the idea about not wearing one so large has more to do with the practicality of wearing such a large bead... You risk breaking some of the thorns/structures much more easily in wearing one like that, and it strikes me that such a size must be fairly less common, so it would be more precious than smaller ones already are. It may also make you a target of a mugging to wear something so large and probably very visible... I would be uncomfortable wearing it.

About which kind are more powerful... Well, I think that depends on the person. A similar question might be who is Supreme, Sri Shiva or Sri Vishnu. Both are Supreme, but one calls out to some more than the other. Similarly, some report a stronger power from the Java variety than the Nepal, and some prefer the Nepal variety. I prefer the Nepal, I definitely feel a stronger power from them, but I don't think it's because one is inherently better than the other in some way, more like the energy is a bit different so one draws some and the other draws others. I personally have felt an immediate benefit from both, so not depending on time to take effect. I've held a Nepal and a Java of the same size (13mm) though and the Nepal bead just feels stronger to me... more solid, more real, more energy... I don't really know how to describe it but you know it when you feel it - you've felt it, I'm sure, so you know what I mean. =)

The thing is, Java and Nepal trees are not the same exact species. One is a "branch varietal", or subspecies, of the other. Which came first will have to wait for full genetic sequencing and comparison before it could be answered. Also, I have a Srilankan mala, yet another variety, and it also has power. So because of these things I feel that all the species and sub-species of Rudraksha are potentially powerful and certainly special. But I think you may be right that it is these two main varieties that are the strongest, and so it's best to stick to them.

From what I have learned in my research, there are only rumors about the Nepal variety ever creating a round 1-Mukh bead. I had heard the rumor about the King in Nepal, and I also have heard a rumor that the Pashupatinath Temple has a tree in the inner sanctum where only monks go, which produces a few true, round 1-Mukh beads. The monks keep them for the Guru only and occasionally they are given as gifts to visiting Satgurus. But, these are only rumor, no one I have ever heard of telling these stories has ever seen one, nor do any pictures of a real one seem to exist anywhere in any records I can find... I am tempted to say the Nepal tree actually cannot make 1-Mukh at all. But then, that is also opinion and not fact.

As I understand it, the only 1-Mukh seen on markets today are from Java and Srilanka varieties, and both of those varieties produce far more 2 and 3-Mukh seeds than the Nepal variety.

That's kind of a quick memory-dump of the information I've picked up so far. Sorry for such a long post. Please share what you have learned, I would value it highly. You have access to information I can't get because of language barrier, and it's always wonderful to talk with another who has the same love for something, as you pointed out.

~Pranam
    Last edited by Aanandinii; 15 October 2014 at 07:31 PM.
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

6. Re: rudrākṣa - the eyes of śiva

Guys, can I chant other mantras than "om namah shivaya" with my 108bead japa rudraksha?

for example can I chant hare krishna`or can I chant guru guru waheguru guru ram das guru

Pranams,

http://www.michaelbackmanltd.com/2613.html

These are so beautiful, is it correct to sell something like this. And what would be the spiritual significance of the Shiva Parvati double rudraksha. I want one

Ys

Markandeya Dasa

Namaste DivineLight,

First let me say Wow! and Thank You! for the link. I did watch the whole thing, though I regret I didn't understand most of it. I was gratified to realize my Hindi has gotten just a tiny bit better so I did catch some phrases and words here and there, but most of the information given was lost to me. This is a common challenge for westerners who have interest I am sure, there is little enough information but even less for those of us with little to no skill in Hindi or other Indian/Nepalese languages.

I am not certain it's really that difficult to grow the trees though. It strikes me that it would be a convenient thing for one invested in an orchard of such trees to say, in order to help keep competition down. But I think it's also more likely that it is difficult to keep up with demand, and even fast growing trees are going to need a lot of time to reach a size where they will produce the kinds of fruits/seeds that are the most profitable. And so a fast answer is to graft the branches of saplings to full-grown trees - this could also potentially extend the life span of the older trees as well. Certainly what they showed in the video was branch grafting and not full trunk grafting. And since any tree seedling will need to have branches cut as it grows, to help the growth-habit remain healthy, why waste those potentially useful branches that were cut? It would make a huge amount of good sense to graft them to older trees to boot productivity instead of just letting the cuttings die and throwing them away...

I say it seems unlikely it's so hard to grow the trees because of what we see in Hawaii and because of an online acquaintance I have made. In Hawaii, the Saiva Siddhanta Adheenam started a grove that rapidly spread to a full forest, and since then people have taken seeds from that forest and planted their own groves easily enough. As I understand it, there are Rudraksha groves on most of the Hawaiian Islands now. This would not be possible if it were so difficult to grow the trees, and these are indeed Nepalese variety.

The person I have traded a few emails with online has started her own grove as well. She found that most of the fruits you buy are not fully mature, so the seeds are in fact not viable, or the seeds have been partly eaten by beetles before the seeds were cleaned. She tells me that once the fruit turns blue, they are usually picked, but that doesn't mean they are fully mature yet, they are only viable and mature when they drop to the ground on their own - but a lot of the orchard sellers don't wait for that because that's when the beetles get to the fruits, lowering their value. I am told that in Hawaii though, all the fruits the Shaiva Adheenam sell on mini-mela.com are picked from the ground - I'm guessing they don't have the same level of predation and maybe don't even have that kind of beetle there, but even so my own experience is that some of the fruits I have gotten have some beetle larvae and the seed is itself undamaged and quite potent. I have only ever found one single one out of over 120 so far of those that had any damage from beetles. They usually eat the fruit pulp, it seems.

My acquaintance got some fruits from one of the Hawaiian groves, picked from the ground, and those did indeed sprout and are growing. They are even producing fruits now and she sells some of the mature seed. In the coming harvest I plan on buying some.

All this said, the Satsang Temple I go to has 7 Rudraksha seedlings, supposedly grown from seeds purchased from Rudra Center. I have no idea what they plan to do with them when they get bigger, but again, they were able to grow them fairly easily it seems.

LOL! You and me both, we seem to be in good company with each other! The more I learn the more I understand what a gift and a true marvel this tree is. Everything about it speaks deepest and truest beauty to me.

I look forward to more discussion, and maybe we can draw in more people too. I would love to hear more of EMji's experience, for instance. He says 6 months to prepare after harvest? My own only take about 1 month so I would be interested to hear about the process, perhaps I am doing things wrong as I am certainly learning as I go and have found some of the things I did to begin with were less successful than some of the processes I use now...
    Yes, I have read your other posts with interest. As I said, I can only speak from my personal experience and I may have some personal bias... I have never touched or even seen a Rudraksha of that size, I didn't even know they got so large.

It's entirely possible that there is greater power to one so big, but my instinct tells me that the power is really inherent in the bead itself and its connection to an individual, not so much the size. As a for instance, I recently uncovered a 7-Mukh bead, but I immediately knew as I held it that it was not for me. The power might still be there if I kept it, but it wouldn't be as strong and could backfire. But the 4-Mukh I found was immediately powerful and definitely mine. I also wonder if the idea about not wearing one so large has more to do with the practicality of wearing such a large bead... You risk breaking some of the thorns/structures much more easily in wearing one like that, and it strikes me that such a size must be fairly less common, so it would be more precious than smaller ones already are. It may also make you a target of a mugging to wear something so large and probably very visible... I would be uncomfortable wearing it.

About which kind are more powerful... Well, I think that depends on the person. A similar question might be who is Supreme, Sri Shiva or Sri Vishnu. Both are Supreme, but one calls out to some more than the other. Similarly, some report a stronger power from the Java variety than the Nepal, and some prefer the Nepal variety. I prefer the Nepal, I definitely feel a stronger power from them, but I don't think it's because one is inherently better than the other in some way, more like the energy is a bit different so one draws some and the other draws others. I personally have felt an immediate benefit from both, so not depending on time to take effect. I've held a Nepal and a Java of the same size (13mm) though and the Nepal bead just feels stronger to me... more solid, more real, more energy... I don't really know how to describe it but you know it when you feel it - you've felt it, I'm sure, so you know what I mean. =)

The thing is, Java and Nepal trees are not the same exact species. One is a "branch varietal", or subspecies, of the other. Which came first will have to wait for full genetic sequencing and comparison before it could be answered. Also, I have a Srilankan mala, yet another variety, and it also has power. So because of these things I feel that all the species and sub-species of Rudraksha are potentially powerful and certainly special. But I think you may be right that it is these two main varieties that are the strongest, and so it's best to stick to them.

From what I have learned in my research, there are only rumors about the Nepal variety ever creating a round 1-Mukh bead. I had heard the rumor about the King in Nepal, and I also have heard a rumor that the Pashupatinath Temple has a tree in the inner sanctum where only monks go, which produces a few true, round 1-Mukh beads. The monks keep them for the Guru only and occasionally they are given as gifts to visiting Satgurus. But, these are only rumor, no one I have ever heard of telling these stories has ever seen one, nor do any pictures of a real one seem to exist anywhere in any records I can find... I am tempted to say the Nepal tree actually cannot make 1-Mukh at all. But then, that is also opinion and not fact.

As I understand it, the only 1-Mukh seen on markets today are from Java and Srilanka varieties, and both of those varieties produce far more 2 and 3-Mukh seeds than the Nepal variety.

That's kind of a quick memory-dump of the information I've picked up so far. Sorry for such a long post. Please share what you have learned, I would value it highly. You have access to information I can't get because of language barrier, and it's always wonderful to talk with another who has the same love for something, as you pointed out.

~Pranam
    Namaste Aanandinii,

Happy Diwali! You are welcome . Shall we call each Rudraksha buddies? I am sure my family is sick and tired of me talking about this topic. I try to bounce ideas off them and I am met with a glazed over confused look hahahaha!!!! I am not sure if you are located in Hawaii but I feel that Rudraksha are easy to grow there because the volcanic soil is very fertile and the remote location of the Islands. I sense that Hawaii is a very spiritual place they also have a mother Goddess who protects the Islands so the combination off all these factors make it the perfect place to grow Rudraksha.

In terms of size vs power of the bead I believe it has to do with the surface area. The greater the surface area of the bead the more energy it can absorb and the more area that touches the body the faster it will effect you/the more powerful it becomes. I believe that is why Nepali beads are more sought after/considered more powerful because they tend to be bigger and have deeper mukhis. From what I gathered Java beads will range around 15-18mm when mature and Nepali beads will have much larger sizes, a medium bead is 18-22mm while larger collected beads will range from 24-31 mm. I also believe that the bead picks the person and a connection has to be made. That's why people say it is best to pick in one in person but since we don't live in India we cannot achieve this. I have also heard that people who are drawn to Rudraksha that nothing can stop from obtaining the bead that is written in the their destiny ex. if you are destined to obtain a 14 mukhi Rudraksha you get it not matter what, it will call you. I believe some of the more rarer Rudraksha are powerful regardless of their origin (Java vs Nepali). Lord Shiva is everywhere. The preference for Nepali beads also comes from scriptures where it states white and "Amla sized" Rudraksha are considered the best. Apparently different color beads are meant to belong to different castes ex. white for brahmin and red for warrior class. Nepali beads are generally lighter in colored (white) which also increases their desirability. Finally, if ones doesn't have faith and devotion then I doubt even the most powerful bead will be effective. A person who is a true devotee of the supreme who obtains a powerful Rudraksha can do wonders for this world.

I totally agree about feeling the Power of Rudraksha in your hands. Since I don't live in the mother land. I obtained a few Rudraksha from my aunt and my dad brought back some Nepali beads from his trip. My aunts where from an ashram in Asaam where they grew Rudraksha. It seemed they where real but some were glued together to make Gauri-Shankars and Trijuti beads. I picked the good ones from the bunch. The Nepalis my dad brought seemed lighter in color but that could be to the fact they weren't yet oiled. Lots of suppliers do this practice. I believe feeling a connection with a bead is the most important factor.

You are right about seeds not being fully ripe. I have read about suppliers admitting through a few forums/research that they pick their Rudraksha early. This is why the floating and sinking test is not reliable because an unripe bead will float. They do this because they don't want the beads to be eaten by birds. So, if a high mukhi is spotted growing some farmers will pick it early so they don't lose their profits. Does this practice effect the power of the beads? Only an expert/God can tell us. That is why lots of beads on the market are heavily oiled due to early picking. The color of a mature Rudraksha is different from an immature one. I will ask Neetaji's opinion on this topic. This is what makes mini-mela different is that they only pick beads that have fallen on the ground (thanks to Aanandinii and Easter Mind for that info). In fact, from what I understand is that even a reputable seller cannot control if a farmer has picked the Rudraksha early or not. It's sad that for an extra dollar this occurs. I guess sellers have to pick their farmers just as wisely as have to pick our sellers. The last issue I heard about is scriptures only mentioning Rudraksha up 14 mukhi and anything above is just to make money and all lies. So if anyone could elaborate on this it would be greatly beneficial. Also, it seems the only real 1 mukhis on the market are from Java and are oval.

I will try my best to translate the video for you. Hopefully it will help. It seems they starting the segment in the middle of guys speech. Poor editing? haha. Also, half the things he says won't make sense in English so I will try my best. Here is my altered translated version:

"As far as age is concerned...sometimes we see a small tree has fruit. This is due to the fact we have transplanted it from a mature tree. You can see here we tied the offshoots (I believe he means the offshoots). We are going get more "roots/offshoots" ready (for transplant") so we can again multiply them. Before we tie them up we shave off some of the bark and then wrap moss around it. Once we do this we tie a plastic bag around it. After some time we will see roots emerge. We then use a cutter to cut it and transplant it to any sort of pot. In terms of germinating from seeds this is not really done/method is not used much."

I am assuming this method allows the tree to fruit faster.

Hopefully my translation helps. Let me know if I missed anything from your post above. I wish I could grow a Rudraksha tree I wonder how their fruits taste.

Quote Originally Posted by hengellisyydenoppilas View Post
    Guys, can I chant other mantras than "om namah shivaya" with my 108bead japa rudraksha?

for example can I chant hare krishna`or can I chant guru guru waheguru guru ram das guru
    Namaste hengellisyydenoppilas,

I believe the maha mantra for all Rudraksha are "Om Namah Shivaya" If you feel a connection with Krishna and Waheguru you can chant you should be okay. Remember Shiva is Vishnu and Vishnu is Shiva. Chanting "Om Namah Shivaya" or "Hare Krishna" is one and the same. Guru Nanak wore Rusraksha so I think you are okay. Also, WaheGuru is the another name for the supreme form through each of the Yugas and all his/her forms. "Vaheguru" Va-Vishnu, He-Hari, Gu-Gobind, Ru-Ram"; also its Contains Shiva and Durga. So basically chanting WaheGuru is chanting the ultimate form of the supreme. Some may not agree but I am an open minded person I look beyond the politics of religion. God transcends all of man's fallacies. Those who divide have their own agendas. All Eastern religions are one and the same. When we realize the ultimate truth will see that there is no religion there is only one, the supreme.

-divinelight

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Pranams,

http://www.michaelbackmanltd.com/2613.html

These are so beautiful, is it correct to sell something like this. And what would be the spiritual significance of the Shiva Parvati double rudraksha. I want one

Ys

Markandeya Dasa
    Namaste Markandeya Dasa,

Is this person selling that exact mala? If so you should make sure it is genuine especially the Guari-Shankar beads seems to look altered (glued together/carved). The Rudraksha are joined vertically in that mala normally Guari-Shankar are joined horizontally and are spherical in shape. Hopefully another member can confirm this. Technically we are not supposed to sell any religious items but it is the world we live in today. What can we do? Basically a Guari Shankar creates peace in the family, between husband and wife, protects the family and lets the family prosper. You can either wear it or place it in the alter. If you are looking for genuine suppliers for Rudraksha you can check out my thread.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=13392

Also the earlier pages in this thread talk about a few genuine suppliers. Hopefully this helps. I have attached a picture of what a Guari-Shankar Rudraksha should look like.

-divnelight

Thread Information