Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No "God bless you" to the elder than me?

Post Re: No "God bless you" to the elder than me?

Quote Originally Posted by Saidevo

We are not of age to greet you, so we bow to you.
    We dare not bhadram te, so we namas te.

We have nothing worthy of offering to you, but our respect.

Arrow Re: No "God bless you" to the elder than me?

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    The phrase “may God bless you” does not imply that the speaker is intending to personally bless anyone ~ only trusting that the Gods will grace the other person with their (i.e. the Gods’) own blessings!
    Fully agree with Sarabhanga. There can be nothing wrong in saying "God bless U" to anyone, even a Siddha. There is no personal notion in this good wish.

If someone gets offended with such saying, it merely reveals his ego and lack of intelligence.

Re: No "God bless you" to the elder than me?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Fully agree with Sarabhanga. There can be nothing wrong in saying "God bless U" to anyone, even a Siddha. There is no personal notion in this good wish.

If someone gets offended with such saying, it merely reveals his ego and lack of intelligence.
    Namaste.
    Arjuna,I think that it is always better to follow the traditions.Even if that "someone" will not get offended,other people who hear me could consider inappropriate my behavior.I decided that I will never say phrase like "May God bless you" to an hindu older than me.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    Namaste.
    Arjuna,I think that it is always better to follow the traditions.Even if that "someone" will not get offended,other people who hear me could consider inappropriate my behavior.I decided that I will never say phrase like "May God bless you" to an hindu older than me.
    Regards,
    Orlando.
    Namaste.
    Well, this is already up to U, what to do or say. According to Dharma there is nothing wrong in saying this. But there is no prescription to say this as well

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste.
    ...this is already up to U, what to do or say. According to Dharma there is nothing wrong in saying this.
    Namaste,

All of us have the best intent for wishing well to others. It is the quality of the heart that we wish Bhadramte, Namaste. Of this there no doubt.

Another saying is jijivishet satam samah or should you wish to live 100 years.
    This is from the Isavasya Upanishad. At first glance, its wishing one long life, yet
    the rishi's of the Upanishads always have deeper meanings.

Achieving 100 is another way of saying enlightenment. That is, the first 0 is the fullness of the Absolute, the second 0 is the fullness of the relative. The 1 is the
    Unity of both, or Brahman. This is the wisdom of the kavi ( or rishi) of the Ved.

jijivishet satam samah !
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information