Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iskcon & Hindu name & OCHS

Smile Re: Iskcon & Hindu name & OCHS

Thank you, Markandeya ji for giving me explanations.

So this seems Prabhupada never condemned worship of shiva. He instructed to worship him in other way, not as a supreme lord.

However I disappointed with his some quotes like -

Prabhupada: Lord Ramachandra worshiped His devotees. Just as sometimes Krishna worships Radharani and touched Her feet and, just like Krishna was tolerating ear pulling by mother Yashoda. That does not mean that mother Yashoda is the Supreme. Hm?
    Is it not possible to say in reverse way ?
    As far as Mahabharata is concerned, this isn't acceptable. Krishna himself declares Shiva as supreme god and Paramatma. So what's the point to explain worship of shiva by Rama in such illogical & absurd way ?

Prabhupada: Krishna does not say that Shiva is Supreme.
    This isn't true. In Ramayana and Mahabharata, Krishna and Rama both have declared Shiva as supreme god.

But if you take Lord Shiva as the Supreme, that is insult. if you say that he is the Supreme, then shiva will feel insulted, that “what is this nonsense saying?” So don’t insult him in that way. That will go against your credit. He doesn’t like that.
    Another absurd thing for me. I hope Prabhupada is kidding here.
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 17 April 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Re: Iskcon & Hindu name & OCHS

Dandavats hinduism♥krishna,

Throughout all of shastra we see many reference, where Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and Lord Shiva are all described as the Supreme Lord, if one understands the teaching of achintya-bheda-abheda tattva in all its diversity it easily resolves the mysteries of the transcendent personalities and their pastimes. All are respectivly supreme, all of us have our relation with a part of the supreme.

In the Vaikuntha planets all Bhaktas think that their relationship with the Lord is the best and most unique, as far as i understand it is only our conditioned material dualistic mind that see's the competition and controversy of the transcendent world, which is full of love and unity with diversity. And only a transcendent mind liberated through Brahman can fully understand the pastimes of the divine.

I wish you well and good luck with your practice.

In peace

Ys
    Md

Smile Re: Iskcon & Hindu name & OCHS

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Dandavats hinduism♥krishna,

Throughout all of shastra we see many reference, where Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and Lord Shiva are all described as the Supreme Lord, if one understands the teaching of achintya-bheda-abheda tattva in all its diversity it easily resolves the mysteries of the transcendent personalities and their pastimes. All are respectivly supreme, all of us have our relation with a part of the supreme.

In the Vaikuntha planets all Bhaktas think that their relationship with the Lord is the best and most unique, as far as i understand it is only our conditioned material dualistic mind that see's the competition and controversy of the transcendent world, which is full of love and unity with diversity. And only a transcendent mind liberated through Brahman can fully understand the pastimes of the divine.

I wish you well and good luck with your practice.
    Md
    Thank you, Prabhu.

So the thing is very clear. Siva is subordinate to Krishna and he is the greatest Vaishnawa. So every vaishnawa's first duty should be worship of such topmost vaishnawa. Thus We should not insult such high soul and should respect him same as Krishna.
    It is somewhere said that praising vaishnawa as Vishnu himself gives the abundant mercy of our sweet lord Krishna.

However it is vaishnawa's personal freedom whether to consider shiva and Vishnu different or same. I consider both of them one, though I see Vishnu as a supreme god. Because in my mind, there's a firm conviction of this theory of lord Krishna - " Duality itself is not real. So whatever thought or seen by mind considering Duality, is an illusion, just like illusion of two moons seen by a deformed eye "

Hare Krishna
    Hari On!

Re: Iskcon & Hindu name & OCHS

This is why I can't really get down with iskcon. I am actually partial to vaishnavism even though i was born into the smartha tradition but it seems like most iskconites relish in talking down to people when a good many of them are Westerners who only recently became familiar with dharma.

I do enjoy reading literature by prabhupada though.

Thread Information