Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Deities

Re: Multiple Deities

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Once we move to spiritual life,one should start focussing worshiping the GOD in his Hridyam more than external worship .Suppose One worships Multiple Deities together in his Hridyam ,is it allowable as per Hindu Shastras? Are you aware of any Guidelines/Ancient Smritis on the procedure to worship our deity in Hridyam?
    What would happen if you put your one leg in one boat, another in another boat and head on some other and keep your hands hanging somewhere in between ??

Hridyam or no Hridyam, if you keep on shifting focus, you cannot establish strong relationship with any. Focus on one chosen deity at a time.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by Who am i View Post
    Hi Amrut/EM/Yajvanji

Thanks for the reply.I have another query.

Once we move to spiritual life,one should start focussing worshiping the GOD in his Hridyam more than external worship .Suppose One worships Multiple Deities together in his Hridyam ,is it allowable as per Hindu Shastras? Are you aware of any Guidelines/Ancient Smritis on the procedure to worship our deity in Hridyam?

Thanks
    Om.

Dear "Who am I",

All hindus do that and in fact in India we have so many celebrations of gods at different point of time of the year.

Worshipping many gods helps one to develop the bhakti bhav and expand the same to all around. This is important to reduce the ego.

However only worshipping will not help. One has to increase the scriptural knowledge under suitable guidance to provide the definitive direction and conviction to understand the true nature of God.

God is one and we all are part of it. So worshipping many gods is natural part of this.
    Love and best wishes:hug:

[QUOTE=Who am i;115486]
    While Adi Sankara advised people to follow One God and get liberation through him
    [/QUOTE[

Where has he advised like that?

Why do mutts have multiple Deities in their Poojas.I could see Idols of all the deities in the pooja.( more than 10 idols of different Deities).
    Its because we are polytheists or to be more precise Kathenotheists and we worship each deity as supreme in turn.

Thread Information