Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertising

Advertising

Vannakkam: How can we advertise HDF? I would indeed like to see a livelier participation.

We can tell people on other forums or newsgroups, and tell friends. I think we should brainstorm ideas. So? ....

We got mentioned in Hinduism Today, which by the way is looking into an Indian edition in black and white. Some publishers in Gujarat are seriously interested in putting it into India in a much bigger way.

I do think we need to make a commitment to being polite, though. Its okay to disagree, but I have heard how some are turned off by the rudeness that appears here sometimes.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 07 February 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Re: Advertising

Namaste,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    I do think we need to make a commitment to being polite, though. Its okay to disagree, but I have heard how some are turned off by the rudeness that appears hear sometimes.
    I have a rudeness control device that I can loan you, but only if you want to become the 'HDF Rudeness Control Officer'.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...hammer.jpg?o=9

Pranam.

Namast,

Believer, if you PhotoShop some lightning onto that "device" photograph, I'll gladly wield it.

EM, one simple way to advertise HDF a bit more is that any of us who have blogs, personal websites, FB account or any other webspace, can add a link and/or post about HDF.

I'll keep thinking...

Indraneela
    ===
    Oṁ Indrāya Namaḥ.
    Oṁ Namaḥ Śivāya.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

I have a rudeness control device that I can loan you, but only if you want to become the 'HDF Rudeness Control Officer'.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...hammer.jpg?o=9

Pranam.
    Vannakkam Believer: Always good to here of such 'helpful' devices that will hammer the point home. Actually, some people, because of cultural differences, don't even realise when they're being rude (or gross, or inappropriate, or funny) within another culture. Even families within the same culture can go on without noticing stuff. We all suffer from it to some degree. And this thing called an internet makes it even worse. Words on a screen aren't exactly telling.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    'HDF Rudeness Control Officer'.
    Vannakkam: I think Satay does a wonderful job already.

Aum Namasivaya

Hari Om

Namaste,

Do not know if considered advertising, but are we permitted to recommend HDF to direct acquaintances?

For brainstorming, newspaper ads in certain cities be something and would we want the content ran by Satay and moderators first?

Om Shanti

FFTW

Hari Om!

Personally I believe that ads such as the one EM mentioned in Hinduism Today is fantastic and would like to see it extended to other publications as FFTW mentions above. My only caution is that the ad must be approved by satayji before it is placed and that it is done as seva (cost incurred,etc) by the person who would like to place it. Some desi papers may even run the ads for free in the community/religion sections so this may want to be explored. Thoughts?

Om Namah Sivaya
    Jai Hanuman!

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

I for one am not ~big~ on advertisng HDF. I tell others and suggest if they care to take a look , come and see. Yet it is my firm belief HDF is not about quantity but that of quality.

If new people arrive I am happy - if some leave, I understand . Over the past 6 years I have seen people come and go. Some I hoped would return but have not.

Now that said, I have tried other sites. They are not of the same quality ( as I see), but they are big(er) then HDF. I found no additional value.

If you build it they will come...

praṇām
    Last edited by yajvan; 08 February 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

namaskar,
    With all due respect to everyone, I concur with Yajvan.

I am thankful to everyone's kind suggestions about advertising HDF but I am not sure that I want to take on the task and encourage a large number of members to join, especiallly if all they want to do is join and do not post or worse post nonsensical posts.

Frankly, more members means more work for me as in moderation etc. I rather focus on quality posts from members than large number of posts from all sorts of members.

Yajvan is correct, I have seen so many members come and go that I simply cannot keep track of it any more.

This site was created for Hindus, for members like you and me but there should be no obligation or attachment to it. If it helps a member all is well, if it doesn't help or if it doesn't align with their personal agendas that is fine too.

A long time ago I made a decision that I will not be offended when members tell me "I am outta here." The choice must be theirs and I cannot control that nor do I let this bother me.

There are hundereds of sites like these on the Internet where people can simply go and chat around. There is a lot of choice out there for people's needs.

With that all said, I do appreciate your kind comments and sentiments but I do not aggressively want to advertise HDF. I hope that you all understand.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,
    With all due respect to everyone, I concur with Yajvan.

I am thankful to everyone's kind suggestions about advertising HDF but I am not sure that I want to take on the task and encourage a large number of members to join, especiallly if all they want to do is join and do not post or worse post nonsensical posts.

Frankly, more members means more work for me as in moderation etc. I rather focus on quality posts from members than large number of posts from all sorts of members.

Yajvan is correct, I have seen so many members come and go that I simply cannot keep track of it any more.

This site was created for Hindus, for members like you and me but there should be no obligation or attachment to it. If it helps a member all is well, if it doesn't help or if it doesn't align with their personal agendas that is fine too.

A long time ago I made a decision that I will not be offended when members tell me "I am outta here." The choice must be theirs and I cannot control that nor do I let this bother me.

There are hundereds of sites like these on the Internet where people can simply go and chat around. There is a lot of choice out there for people's needs.

With that all said, I do appreciate your kind comments and sentiments but I do not aggressively want to advertise HDF. I hope that you all understand.
    Vannakkam Satay: The idea only comes up with me when I see 'No new posts' for a few days in a row. But other than that, I totally concur. I need to practice patience.

With your ideas on quality, this site does remain the best one, in my opinion as well. I do post regularly on another forum, but that's for a different purpose entirely.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information