Thread: Why do some "people" worship Shirdi Baba

Why do some "people" worship Shirdi Baba

Shirdi Baba was just another enlightened Sufi trying to preach truth that exists between both Islam and Hinduism among many others.

How come now he has become a deity being worshipped?

Why is it that Muslims will only revere him as a saint but Hindus will fall on their knees and worship him, who is just a man?

Re: Why do some "people" worship Shirdi Baba

Vannakam Kumar das:

Hinduism is wide and varied. People are free to do whatever they wish. I am not a Shirdi Sai devotee, but we do have a Shirdi Sai temple here. If someone wants to do puja to a tree, they can. Its what makes Hinduism so rich.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakam Kumar das:

Hinduism is wide and varied. People are free to do whatever they wish. I am not a Shirdi Sai devotee, but we do have a Shirdi Sai temple here. If someone wants to do puja to a tree, they can. Its what makes Hinduism so rich.

Aum Namasivaya
    Indeed permitting people to do as they please, humiliating themselves by worshipping dead humans and "miracle performing" godmen by drowning in the deluge of delusion is what makes Hinduism rich.

Not the exegesis of Shri Vaishnavas and Shaivas.

We should have more wandering mystics and lingam vomitting, vibhuti sprinkling living incarnates to enrich our religion further.

Let's hope Bhagwan Satya Sai Baba lives longer and attracts more devotees.

Hey its all about tolerance.

When Islam is fast spreading over all corners of the world, having already masked a thousand year episode with the blood of hindus in India alone, producing nations like Pakistan and Bangladesh and conquering the dynasties of formerly Hindu kingdoms of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Let the leaders of our Bharat pay homeage to afro headed godmen and be instructed by them in the Vedas.

That ought to show the rest of the world how we stand with our greatness. Surely India has mastered spirituality the most. The legacy of which is epitomised by reincarnated spiritual masters, showering gifts of wealth to their devotees and building basic ammenities that the Indian government ought to do, in their name to spread their fame.

I foresee the richness of Hinduism taken further and basked by all nations by these highly enlightened preachers.

Truly thats the way the 1000s of years old Vedas, oldest of all religious texts, is to be treated today.

I'm sure our Rishis would be pleased.

When the turks, arabs, persians and afghans come with their vast armies eager to convert the infidels. Its people like Satya Sai whom they would be humbled by, and in turn praise the glory of Sanata Dharma.

Indeed this is the way religion should be. Ours is the best one because of them.

I'm sure Bhagwan Satya Sai would have no qualms going to Arabia and attracting muslim devotees.

Surely since he so enlightened, they would recieve him as well with open arms.

Oh but I'm sure Bhagwan Sathya Sai prefers to operate in Bharat and attract Hindus, out of his own selflessness and divine grace.

well the system of worshipping pirs or sufi saints has existed in india for atlest 800 years or more . definately a result of muslim influence .

personally i have no problem if someone does worship a god realized muslim saint .

but then realization in hindu sense in a mulsim saint is so rare !!!!

and i have seen that most sai baba devotees to go to him for material wealth . there is hardly any desire of spritual upliftement there .

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    Why is it that Muslims will only revere him as a saint but Hindus will fall on their knees and worship him, who is just a man?
    Ever heard of bhakti (devotion)?

The point is, not everyone can meditate on a formless transcendent consciousness when they know nothing about it. Gurus/saints are like lamps that shine along the path of self-realization.

The "sea of samsara" is a dangerous path and guidance of Shiva is needed to cross it. Others say, I need Vishnu to cross it. And still others say, "I need Sai Baba to cross it" and so on and so forth.

The thing is, instead of criticizing people, concentrate on your path, the path that fits you the best, and move forward. Instead of pointing the finger at others like christians/muslims, we Hindus are eternally on the quest for TRUTH; not stopping to tell others they are doing it incorrectly.

That is what being Hindu is.

As a disclaimer, I am not a devotee of Shirdi or Sathya Sai Baba but I respect them immensely as they are selfless gurus and millions are devoted to them.

JAI HIND!

Vannakkam:

What is the value in criticism? If you believe in karma, then that criticism is surely to come back at you. If a guru/saint has a million followers, so what? They (the devotees) are gaining benefit in some way, or at least feel they are, and that is why they are doing it. So you're saying "I'm smarter than a million others."

I don't see the value. Its like criticising your sister's haircut. It offers nothing and makes her feel worse.

HDF is a place for positive portrayal of dharma. You may believe that Sai baba or any guru or any path doesn't fit your personal needs, but why try to convince others? It is very similar to the Abrahamic core belief, of "I'm right, you're wrong." that has nothing to do with Hinduism. I'm with TTA on this. Concentrate on your own sadhana. To heck with what others are doing. If they are to be taught lessons, then the greatest teacher of all, Experience, accompanied by his buddy Karma, will do His job.

Aum Namasivaya

When the Indian government calls Rama Setu as Adam's bridge and drills a hole in it.

You are all silent.

When excavations of Dwarka is found as evidence of Shri Krishna really having existed, but the Indian government covers it all up.

You are all still silent.

When Bollywood makes a mockery out of Hinduism and Hindu culture.

You pay them money and support them.

When frauds run amock by taking advantage of the deprived and deranged you are silent.

When someone questions that, then only you raise your voice.

Rather than having the guts by entering into debate with Muslims, Xtians, Atheists and proving that what you believe in indeed is right, you keep silent but oppose to those who question false preachers who create cults for themselves by rambling about useless nonsense and performing bogus magic tricks.

Is this what you consider to be Hinduism? Are you even sure of what you believe in?

I think I made a mistake by creating this thread.

How long do you think Hinduism will last this way?

Today 15% of Indians are Muslim. Islam has literally impregnated over a millenia of Indian history.

Has anyone ever defeated it? People today are questioning religion. I've seen many youths giving up their religion because they think its illogical and senseless.

People who cant stand up for what they believe in are weak.

Hinduism is dieing while Islam is rising.

In Tamil Nadu the Brahmins are being persecuted by the atheists. In Kashmir and Bengal by Muslims. Humiliated in Punjab by Sikhs.

If you cant come together and worship the same deity as one, but divide yourselves up based upon ritual and sectarian difference consider yourselves good as dead.

How can you operate if you cannot cooperate?

India isnt going to be the same. We see atheism rising in the West. Soon when India modernizes and develops, the newer generation will become more skeptical, it already is.

And we are already seeing how many Khans are slaughtering away Hinduism in Bollywood.

And you are getting mad at me for calling out frauds who have got nothing good to offer to Hinduism.
    Last edited by Kumar_Das; 03 June 2010 at 04:11 PM.

Admin Note

Thread closed for review.
    satay

Thread Information