Thread: Sounds of Creation

Sounds of Creation

Namaste Ji,

Yes, this focuses on prakriti, the material universe we play in, but it's just another example of how everything we perceive and measure can be boiled down to One thing: Energy Vibration. It is fantastic.

Sound recordings have been made from all kinds of things, stars, gravity waves, the CMB, tree rings... And now the sound of a single Atom.

http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/n...&type=headline

There is no recording linked to this article, but if and when one comes out I will link it.

If others have found recordings of the music that permeates creation and generates form, please post them.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Re: Sounds of Creation

Greetings.

The grammarians believed that reality is one, all pervading and eternal. They introduced the concept of sphota. The basic idea is that each word that we speak imposes a limitation on this one, all pervading reality and this is how the ineffable become effable. This is creation. What is effable may point to the ineffable but can never cover all of the ineffable.

So, under this system, there is no creation cosmologically. Each word that we speak reveals but an aspect of reality that is beginningless. Our perception of the world, our understanding of what exists (known knowns) is clouded by the language process that we employ. People that speak different languages have a different understand of reality because the words of the language reveal different aspects of reality. What is unrevealed is never known via sabda.

That is why the Absolute Ultimate is considered beyond the realm of conceptualization and linguistic expression.

Namaste,

If I may inject a little humor into this topic:

Namaste ji,

Webimpulse, I am rolling! Thank you. I love Dilbert. <3

Wundermonk, thank you for your contribution, that is very interesting. Something for some reading later.

In the school of Shaivism I have been reading most, the creation of the material universe, or the expansion of it, is the first sound: Aum, signified by Sri Shiva's Damuru, which keeps the beat of the dance. All of material existance is brought to being/form by this very vibration. It is the basis of all we perceive while here, and realization is not possible without silencing the material, sound/noise, and moving into silence.

I describe this very poorly, my apologies. There are a few recent threads, (and I'm sure many older ones), which better describe what I speak of, Here and Here are a couple.

This is significant to me as it's something I have believed for as long as I can remember. I feel that we see the reflection or echo of it all around us if we look, and not just in language and alphabets. Nature does repeat patterns, after all, from the unimaginably large to the unimaginably tiny, like fractals. So when I see things like this, or hear them, it fills me with joy.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Thread Information