Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soulmates

Re: Soulmates

Namaste

Smaranam presented some good points.
    Indeed we can see that the Lord and His lady are connected forever. They are always together, their relationship is eternal. So there are divine couples Radha Krishna, Sita Rama, Lakshmi Narayana, Uma Sadasiva, ... etc.
    Is there something similar in the relationship between ordinary jiva souls?
    Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 7.11.29 (http://vedabase.net/sb/7/11/29/en) says:

"The woman who engages in the service of her husband, following strictly in the footsteps of the goddess of fortune, surely returns home, back to Godhead, with her devotee husband, and lives very happily in the Vaikuṇṭha planets."

Thus, just as the relationship between Lakshmi, goddess of fortune, and Lord Narayana is forever, husband and his faithful wife who have developed divine consciousness can stay together after they attain liberation in Vaikuntha.
    The example given in this verse of Bhāgavatam is that just as goddess of fortune Lakshmi is devoted to her Lord and stays together with her Lord, so a wife devoted to her husband stays together with her husband in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha.

regards

Light Re: Soulmates

Namaste, bramha .

Its somewhat right. But i m disagreed with radha - Krishna. There is no evidence that there is eternal relationship between radha and krishna. Besides in all Veda and 18 major puranas there is no mention of goloka wherein there is consideration of radha with Krishna.

I think you have misinterpreted above shloka which you have quoted. That shloka only states that for woman , worshipping his devotee husband is same as worshipping bhagavan. After death they both go to vaikuntha and live there. It doesn't mean that there is still a relationship of devotee with wife in vaikuntha. However the question is ' does devotee remember who was his wife after attaining vaikuntha where is there is no mind and it's reactions ? ' . ' Will devotee remember his previous lifes when he stays in vaikuntha? '

Bhagavan krishna doesn't live in goloka. His saguna form lives in Vaikuntha and this has numerous proofs in shastras. That's why he is called as vaikunthah and vaikunthapatihi.

I don't think that after liberation man lives with his pious wife in vaikuntha. Vedas got tired when finding nature of soul and u r directly giving woman relationship to the soul ?

Indirectly you are stating there are two relationships to the soul. One is with bhagavan shri krishna and other with wife's soul. However veda doesn't mention about any relationship of soul with ishwara or with his wife.

Thank you.

Hati om tat sat !
    Last edited by hinduism♥krishna; 08 September 2013 at 01:22 AM.

Namaste

From your previous posts on other threads I've already seen that your understanding of scriptures differs from the generally accepted Vaishnava understanding of the scriptures. Here I can tell you what I have learned from the Vaishnavas.
    Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    But i m disagreed with radha - Krishna. There is no evidence that there is eternal relationship between radha and krishna. Besides in all Veda and 18 major puranas there is no mention of goloka wherein there is consideration of radha with Krishna.
    Goloka and eternal relationship between Radha and Krishna are described in Brahma-vaivarta Purana. See here: http://brahma-vaivarta-puranam.blogs...-complete.html

58 Sri Radha is more dear to Me than life. Day and night She rests on My chest.

14 Why did the saintly goddess Radha, who lives in Goloka and is Lord Hari’s dearest lover, come to Vraja and become a girl of Vraja?

94 She is the first goddess, the root of all nature, She stays always in Goloka, but by Lord Krsna’s order She has come, without entering a mother’s womb, to this world.

14 In Vaikuntha He appears in many forms as four-armed Lord Narayana, the beloved of Laksmi. In Goloka and Gokula He appears in His original form as two-armed Lord Krsna, the beloved of Radha.

From these verses we see that Sri Radha is eternal resident of Goloka, see above "She stays always in Goloka".
    Sri Radha's eternal relationship with Sri Krishna we see from "Day and night She rests on My chest", and also from "Radha, who lives in Goloka and is Lord Hari’s dearest lover" and "In Goloka and Gokula He appears in His original form as two-armed Lord Krsna, the beloved of Radha." which clearly tells us that Lord Krsna is known as the beloved of Radha. This description of Lord Krsna as "In Goloka and Gokula He ... the beloved of Radha" sounds like a description of the essence (The most important ingredient; the crucial element; The inherent, unchanging nature of a thing) of His existence.

Bhagavan krishna doesn't live in goloka. His saguna form lives in Vaikuntha and this has numerous proofs in shastras. That's why he is called as vaikunthah and vaikunthapatihi.
    See above "In Goloka and Gokula He appears in His original form as two-armed Lord Krsna, the beloved of Radha."
    That Lord Krsna has a saguna form is Adi Shankara's idea. Vaishnavas do not accept this view. Vaishnavas think Lord Krsna's form is nirguna, spiritual eternal form of bliss and knowledge. His form is Brahman, it is not made of material gunas sattva, rajas and tamas. That's why it's called "nirguna" which means "not made of material gunas sattva, rajas and tamas".

I don't think that after liberation man lives with his pious wife in vaikuntha. Vedas got tired when finding nature of soul and u r directly giving woman relationship to the soul ?

Indirectly you are stating there are two relationships to the soul. One is with bhagavan shri krishna and other with wife's soul. However veda doesn't mention about any relationship of soul with ishwara or with his wife.
    See above "In Vaikuntha He appears in many forms as four-armed Lord Narayana, the beloved of Laksmi."
    How can Lord Narayana have a relationship with Sri Lakshmi in Vaikuntha? Lord Narayana is atma and Sri Lakshmi is atma too. Why could not atma have a relationship with atma in Vaikuntha?
    Atma may have a relationship with atma in Vaikuntha, be it paramatma or jiva-atma (jivatma).

I think you have misinterpreted above shloka which you have quoted. That shloka only states that for woman , worshipping his devotee husband is same as worshipping bhagavan. After death they both go to vaikuntha and live there. It doesn't mean that there is still a relationship of devotee with wife in vaikuntha.
    In Bhāgavatam 7.11.29 we have śrīḥ iva "exactly like the goddess of fortune" mentioned twice. Word iva "exactly like, in the same manner as" in śrīḥ iva tells us that just as (exactly like, in the same manner as) goddess of fortune Lakshmi is devoted to her Lord and stays together with her Lord, so a wife devoted to her husband stays together with her husband in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha (śrīḥ iva "exactly like the goddess of fortune").

Everyone knows that goddess of fortune Lakshmi is devoted to her Lord and stays together with her Lord always.
    A wife devoted to her husband stays together with her husband in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha because she is compared with goddess of fortune Lakshmi: śrīḥ iva "exactly like the goddess of fortune".

However the question is ' does devotee remember who was his wife after attaining vaikuntha where is there is no mind and it's reactions ? ' . ' Will devotee remember his previous lifes when he stays in vaikuntha?
    Attaining liberation in the spiritual realm of Vaikuntha is compared with the awakening from a dream. Our life in this material world is compared with a dream from which we have to wake up. When we achieve liberation it is as if we woke up from the dream.
    When one wakes up from sleep, does he remember his dream? It is possible.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post
    From your previous posts on other threads I've already seen that your understanding of scriptures differs from the generally accepted Vaishnava understanding of the scriptures.
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

pot.... kettle....
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

I am not accusing hinduism♥krishna of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

pot.... kettle....
    From the discussion between you and me so far we have seen that we differ in opinion on many issues.
    It seems that we differ in opinion on this issue about Soulmates too. Do we?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post

I am not accusing hinduism♥krishna of anything.

From the discussion between you and me so far we have seen that we differ in opinion on many issues.
    It seems that we differ in opinion on this issue about Soulmates too. Do we?

regards
    We differ in the opinion about whether your understanding of scripture is consistent with the generally accepted Vaishnava understanding of scriptures.
    Philosoraptor

"Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato

Greetings to all,

I do not profess to be a big scholar or anything, my knowledge is extremely limited.. But I think the soulmate principle applies when a soul is bown as an undivided entity, and it's shakti (or power) is born as its couterpart. That marriage is as far as I know an ideal one. They are 'soul mates'. I read of this In the Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitamrutam, a life history of Sri Sreepada Sreevallabha, the first incarnation of Datta.

Regards,

Servant_Of_Datta

Quote Originally Posted by Servant_Of_Datta View Post
    Greetings to all,

I do not profess to be a big scholar or anything, my knowledge is extremely limited.. But I think the soulmate principle applies when a soul is bown as an undivided entity, and it's shakti (or power) is born as its couterpart. That marriage is as far as I know an ideal one. They are 'soul mates'. I read of this In the Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitamrutam, a life history of Sri Sreepada Sreevallabha, the first incarnation of Datta.

Regards,

Servant_Of_Datta
    Namaste Servant_Of_Datta, and welcome to HDF.

I remember reading about Dattatreya's shakti AnaghAdevi in Sreepada Sreevallabha Charitamruta (abridged).

So AnaghA-Datta are soulmates. This resonates with what I said, but not as scientifically as you have -
    Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Radha and KRshNa are soulmates
    Lakshmi and NArAyaNa are soulmates
    Gauri and Shankar are soulmates

So when VishNu descends here or anywhere else (takes avatAr), His soulmate(s) His various shaktis - Shridevi Bhudevi, all/some aspects of them, descend too.
    om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

I was once enamoured by this glorious concept, only to find no validity in the common societal concept of 'soulmates' after sitting with Hinduism.
    There is still legitimacy to the concept in my eyes, but not soulmates that are bound for each other since birth, perfect for each in every way, but rather..
    Any woman, who has elevated with you to such a point where the depth of your relationship can be said to be bound by each others souls.
    That is equally as beautiful, no?

Thread Information