Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalki

Kalki

Namaste,

Does Shaivism also believe that Kalki, the avatar of Lord Vishnu, will come at the end of Kali Yuga? Or, is there a different belief about what will happen?

Pranams,

Vitani

Re: Kalki

Thank you for this question, it strikes me as of interest as well. I am not qualified to answer it but I do have some thoughts for discussion. Kalki is definitely one of the avatars of Vishnu who is to come in the future, I am an admirer and devoted to Kalki and the reason is because at the time when this Avatara comes to our World it will be a time when false Kings and political leaders rule a society of great debauchery. In fact, there will be so many of such vice and debauchery and selfishness and materialism that they will in fact be eating other humans – my understanding is that it is foreseen that such horrible leaders and those of power and fame will be eating aborted babies and other abominations.

You see, even great Yogis can see and predict the future of society if we do not listen to holy gurus and teachers and religious wise souls, they can tell us where materialism leads to and so we see a path even today in Kali Yug where it has come to my attention of so-called “rock stars” and “rappers” who eat aborted babies even now.

Yet, as debase as society has become in Kali Yuga, a notable number of people today are in fact still good souls. But if the gurus and teachers are correct, that society will further descend into hell, I welcome Kalki to come on “the white horse” and to destroy these horrific monsters that society would worship as “leaders” and “stars”.

You know, today society uses the term “star” to describe a celebrity. I wonder if eons in the future when historians read and write about our society, perhaps they will think that society of today actually considered these celebrities and fools as “stars” in the heaven? Yet, in one way, we use such stupid terms for people who are nothing but flesh, blood and bones but do not see their own soul.

To me, Kalki is time. Very much so. And Shiva is time as well. How far in the future will it be, when Kalki comes? Well, no doubt it is very, very far – and so right now I live in the world of now and this age. I only can hope that I will listen to the teachers who can instruct me on best behavior, that society will listen, that we can meditate and live the life of good dharma.

Yes, Shiva as Nataraj also will dance at the time of the desolation of the universe. But it is my understanding that this act of Lord Shiva is truly on a much larger scale than Kalki coming and destroying this current age to dawn a new one. That is not exactly the same thing. So, it is my opinion that there is not a correlation between Shiva and Kalki in the least. Also, in regards to Yoga, for simple people like me I am very much interested in Bhakti Yoga, and so I see Kalki as a great personality of the future, but as a specific personality this Lord is not here right now, but Shiva is always watching and you can feel the presence of Mahadeva the Great.

By the way, when Kalki comes from the outer universe to this world, the Lord will come into a family in the place called Shambala. The Buddhists who followed Lord Siddhartha of Nepal were great admirers and predictors of Kalki.

Vannakkam: Most Saivas don't believe in avatars so this extends to not believing in Kalki.

Aum Namasivaya

I dont know the opinion of Shaivaism about Kalki Avatara.
    This is also interseting

But for me personal, Shiva and Vishnu is One
    So Vishnu Avatar also Shiva avatar. Also Shakti avatar, Ganesh avatar
    Whatever peoples says, I still cant feel they are separate

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Jainarayan is offline ॠनमो भगवते वासà¥à¤¦à¥‡à¤µà¤¾à ¤¯

Namaste shian.

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    But for me personal, Shiva and Vishnu is One
    So Vishnu Avatar also Shiva avatar. Also Shakti avatar, Ganesh avatar
    Whatever peoples says, I still cant feel they are separate
    You are not alone. I feel the same way you do, though I know this is a minority belief. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harihara

Sivananda states: "Shiva and Vishnu are one and the same entity. They are essentially one and the same. They are the names given to the different aspects of the all-pervading Supreme Soul or the Absolute. ‘Sivasya hridayam vishnur-vishnoscha hridayam sivah—Vishnu is the heart of Siva and likewise Siva is the heart of Vishnu’."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harihara#One_and_the_same
    Sorry to derail thread.
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

6. Re: Kalki

Shiva and Vishnu are not different, there is no difference in different sects of Hinduism, only some arrogant people who describe themselves Vaishnavs/ Shaivas are objecting each other while they never say anything against their real patrons -Communists, Muslims, Christians.

Vishnu Avatar Bhagwan Parshuram is a devotee of Shiva, he fought a Vaishnava -Sahasrarjuna.

Shiva Avtara Hanuman is a devotee of Ram, and he fought against a Shaiva - Ravana.

Dividing Brahma -Vishnu - Shiva is impossible.

Shiva will train Kalki, he will provide the weapons and Devdatta to Bhagwan Kalki.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: Most Saivas don't believe in avatars so this extends to not believing in Kalki.

Aum Namasivaya
    Namaste Eastern Mind, that's very interesting. Does that also include Krishna and Rama?

Pranams.

Vannakkam Vitani: Probably depends on which school of Saivism, and how much the individual or school has been influenced by modern, more liberal interpretations. Me personally, no. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't enter a Ram or Krishna temple. Just because I don't worship in the same way I see Siva, doesn't mean I disrespect that POV. We are a brotherhood, after all. But if two temples were side by side, I'd naturally be drawn to the Siva one, just as within a Smarta or Sanatana temple, I'm drawn to the Siva shrine, or section.

Since I have a Saiva mantra, it would just seem odd to do japa in front of Rama. For me, you only need one God, and one version of God. Since Siva has Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, concealing, and revealing graces all there, what more do I need?

Kind of like having one car. I could have 2, but one is sufficient. If a friend offered me to drive his Ferrari or old Beetle for a day, I'd do it.

Aum Namasivaya
    Last edited by Eastern Mind; 20 April 2012 at 08:59 PM.

The goodthing is that one denomination/sampradaya doesnt condemn or belittle another sampradaya in any measure. It is not like the abrahamic faiths for clarity. The people who enthusiatically participate in Krishnastamy festivities will take same interest in Ganesha festival as well. As I said the line is almost invisible sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jainarayan View Post
    Namaste shian.

You are not alone. I feel the same way you do, though I know this is a minority belief. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harihara

Sorry to derail thread.
    Namaskar,

Wow, thank you so much for this link. I have also been looking for something like this. To me Vishnu and Shiva are both equal, and I just cannot allow myself to chose between them.

I have heard that Parashurama will be Kalki's guru and coach for his training. Then Kalki will serve a penace for Lord Shiva to attain boons of some sort. I got this information from the Kalki Purana. So I do not know if Shaivism would believe in the Kalki Purana, but I certainly do.

Just sharing my two cents.
    Pranam.

Thread Information