I have heard that the Shri Meru is prohibited to keep for the uninitiated.
Quote Originally Posted by sm78 View Post
I have heard this, and there may be some support in books (meru is a later concept anyway - tantras only talked about yantras), but I don't believe it.
It is not that it is prohibited for the uninitiated to use or see Yantras, in my opinion it is the other way around the iniitiated are prohibited to display a diksha -yantra-mandala to outsiders, because a diksha often includes shaktipath by the darshan of the mandala or yantra, and this diksha marks a change from Pravritti to Nivrittimarga, from the outside focus to the inside, from the human body to the divine body. So the first look on the yantra is an important step. This itself has redeeming qualities and is part of the transformation that enables one to profit from these methods. So because looking at the yantra is part of the diksha only a Guru can show you a yantra and transfer shakti by that act, a disciple is not qualified to give diksha, (which includes showing a yantra) only an acharya or Guru should do this. This is also true for Mantras if a qualified Guru writes down a mantra and shows it or says it loud, this can be a diksha, he can do that, other disciples not, if they do it instead their own tapas shakti probably will disperse and is gone. No help done for anyone, everybody looses in the process, thats why these methods are kept secret.

All these rules do not apply to outsiders they can print show or paint yantras, these are simply lines on paper, because rarely a transfer of shakti occurs outside of the parampara