Hello people, I must say I'm a bit of a nastika regarding the dating science arbitrarily sets for the universe and for evolution on Earth. I remember reading an article 3 to 4 years ago that scientists found plant traces that dated back billion of years ago. That alone would push back the dates by a lot if I'm not mistaken. However, science needs statistical evidences to accept something, as if statistics could reveal the true nature of things, bollocks!

Carl Gustav Jung uses a very astute example of the statistical weight of pebbles on a river. If we weight each one of them and come out with 145g, that would be scientifically accepted as the weight of those stones. However, if someone dove into that river trying to find one single stone weighting 145g he would come out empty handed, statistic tells very little about the peculiarities of each case.

Some time ago I was researching about dinosaurs and the vedas, I found this message:

Vedas were not focusing on describing animals living in different yugas. some huge sea animals (timingila) are mentioned more as curiosity surviving at the time the Vedas were recorded. civilized human fossils from previous yugas are rare or non-existent because these folks cremated their dead and rarely lived in areas where bone fossilization is possible (swamps or deserts). also, the ruins of their buildings were mostly used up as building material source for subsequent people so not much is left of such ancient structures today.

Source: http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/s...tml#post263217
It sounds right to me, if we cross this information with the information that civilizations before Christian imposed scientific darkness were highly advanced, like those in the Indus valley, we push back even more the age intellectual ignorance.

I'm curious of how ancient world was organized regarding advanced civilizations and tribals. The only thing that the ancient advanced civilizations didn't have (it seems) is instant communication as we do now. The limits of the physical world perhaps were of little meaning to a civilization that understood the limitless mind and spirit. So while there were these comparably (to what science tries to shout every time: "Our ancestors were dumb!") advanced civilizations there were still vastness for tribal and primitive clans to live their lives.

Seems like we're living some sort of homogenization, the static characteristic of a primitive mind with the wonders of the advanced civilization.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolmen

I look at this and see a simple construction, perhaps made by a renunciate, a yogi, to calmly meditate while using little resources and with integration to the environment.

But the science consensus is: "They were very stupid and couldn't build houses!"

What made us so great? The church? The crusades? Our destructive instance towards mother Earth? Tell me about complex of superiority!

Om Tat Sat