Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Sikh and Hindu traditions.....

Re: Sikh and Hindu traditions.....

Quote Originally Posted by darshansingh View Post
    Believer, I do want to discuss things with you.
    Darshanji, I can see your predicament. When a person's whole existence depends on one set of principles, and those principles are challenged, or proven to be not totally in line with reality; there is tremendous feeling of anger, fear and disappointment. Add to that the feeling of facing the prospect of the mahal that one builds about faith, crumbling before ones eyes. It is devastating, to say the least. I can see the extreme pain you must be going through. And, I am sorry for being part of that.

I started the thread to look for the reasons for our separateness and to try to bridge the gap. I guess I got more than what I bargained for. The old Chinese proverb 'Be careful about what you wish for, as you might get it', is ringing in my ears. I did not want it to end this way. But since the search for history and truth and questions about our faiths have brought us to this point, we must stand up and face it, and try to make something positive out of this whole mess.

As much I disagree with you on some issues, I have the utmost respect for your sincerity towards your line of thinking. There are millions of schools of thought in Hinduism, and it still survives. We just go about our own ways in worshiping 'a deity' without posing a threat to anyone else. To me no good is served by demanding one set of principles for each individual follower of a faith. It might do you good to take a step back, do some soul searching for a few days and then talk to us. In moments of anger, the mind shuts down and all one has are bad thoughts about the perceived adversaries. Remember, we are not adversaries. We have been, are today and will ever be ONE.

Please calm yourself and spend a few days in reflection. I am not going anywhere, and our faiths are not changing either. What will hopefully change will be our interaction with each other and an atmosphere conducive to better dialogue.

Be at peace and enjoy your days. We will talk again soon!

sure!

I feel no crumbling of faith though.

The feeling I am getting is what you would get if somebody tells you
    "My var_1 neighbor eats var_2, hence its allowed is var_1"

Admin will delete this comment, if I use some words instead of var_1 and var_2. But I know you would get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste Shanti,

If you want to learn the true sikhi go to punjab or meet someone who practices sikhi. I hope you don't meet people who say 'Ram' mentioned in the guru granth sahib is not Shri Ram of ayodhya or such nonsense like that!
    Ram not mentioned in granth?? Denials do not work.

Description of the Supreme Lord God in Sikhism

ਜਗਦੀਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੇ ॥
    jagadheesur har jeeo asur sanghaarae ||
    The Lord of the Universe, the Dear Lord, the Destroyer of demons.

ਜਗਜੀਵਨ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਘਟ ਘਟ ਵਾਸੀ ਹੈ ਸੰਗਾ ॥੨॥
    jagajeevan abinaasee thaakur ghatt ghatt vaasee hai sangaa ||2||
    The Life of the World, our eternal and ever-stable Lord and Master dwells within each and every heart, and is always with us. ||2||

ਧਰਣੀਧਰ ਈਸ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥
    dhharaneedhhar ees narasingh naaraaein ||
    The Support of the Earth, the man-lion, the Supreme Lord God.

ਦਾੜਾ ਅਗ੍ਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮਿ ਧਰਾਇਣ ॥
    dhaarraa agrae prithham dhharaaein ||
    The Protector who tears apart demons with His teeth, the Upholder of the earth.

ਬਾਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਕਰਤੇ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਸੇਤੀ ਹੈ ਚੰਗਾ ॥੩॥
    baavan roop keeaa thudhh karathae sabh hee saethee hai changaa ||3||
    O Creator, You assumed the form of the pygmy to humble the demons; You are the Lord God of all. ||3||

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ ਜਿਸੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖਿਆ ॥
    sree raamachandh jis roop n raekhiaa ||
    You are the Great Raam Chand, who has no form or feature.

ਬਨਵਾਲੀ ਚਕ੍ਰਪਾਣਿ ਦਰਸਿ ਅਨੂਪਿਆ ॥
    banavaalee chakrapaan dharas anoopiaa ||
    Adorned with flowers, holding the chakra in Your hand, Your form is incomparably beautiful.

ਸਹਸ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਹਸਾ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਭ ਹੈ ਮੰਗਾ ॥੪॥
    sehas naethr moorath hai sehasaa eik dhaathaa sabh hai mangaa ||4||
    You have thousands of eyes, and thousands of forms. You alone are the Giver, and all are beggars of You. ||4||

ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲੁ ਅਨਾਥਹ ਨਾਥੇ ॥
    bhagath vashhal anaathheh naathhae ||
    You are the Lover of Your devotees, the Master of the masterless.

ਗੋਪੀ ਨਾਥੁ ਸਗਲ ਹੈ ਸਾਥੇ ॥
    gopee naathh sagal hai saathhae ||
    The Lord and Master of the milk-maids, You are the companion of all.

ਬਾਸੁਦੇਵ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦਾਤੇ ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਉ ਗੁਣ ਅੰਗਾ ॥੫॥
    baasudhaev niranjan dhaathae baran n saako gun angaa ||5||
    O Lord, Immacuate Great Giver, I cannot describe even an iota of Your Glorious Virtues. ||5||

ਮੁਕੰਦ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਖਮੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥
    mukandh manohar lakhamee naaraaein ||
    Liberator, Enticing Lord, Lord of Lakshmi, Supreme Lord God.

ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਲਜਾ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਉਧਾਰਣ ॥
    dhropathee lajaa nivaar oudhhaaran ||
    Savior of Dropadi's honor.

ਕਮਲਾਕੰਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਕੰਤੂਹਲ ਅਨਦ ਬਿਨੋਦੀ ਨਿਹਸੰਗਾ ॥੬॥
    kamalaakanth karehi kanthoohal anadh binodhee nihasangaa ||6||
    Lord of Maya, miracle-worker, absorbed in delightful play, unattached. ||6||

ਅਮੋਘ ਦਰਸਨ ਆਜੂਨੀ ਸੰਭਉ ॥
    amogh dharasan aajoonee sanbho ||
    The Blessed Vision of His Darshan is fruitful and rewarding; He is not born, He is self-existent.
    ~Shri Guru Granth Sahib p. 1082

Who has taken incarnation as Shri Ramachandra Ji? As Shri Krishna Ji? As the Das avtaray? It's all accident to be mentioned so clearly in Guru Granth Sahib Ji? No. it's obvious what the truth is.

Thread Information