Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanskrit Philosophical Terms Doubts

Re: Sanskrit Philosophical Terms Doubts

Namaste,

I think 'yoni' is also used as 'prakruti. In Gita lower Brahman is used as garbha, i.e. prakruti. So it is not always female organ, specially not when it is used in vedanta.

74:5 Two vessels, to hold the sacrificial libations, are placed at the Asvamedha before and behind the horse, the former made of gold, the latter made of silver. They are called Mahiman in the technical language of the ceremonial. The place in which these vessels are set, is called their yoni. Cf. Vâgas. Samhitâ XXIII, 2.

source

Explanation in BrihaddAraNyaka up. by Swmai Krishnananda of Divine Life Society.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/br...had_I-04a.html

OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste Ram,
    It means "Independent"/"free". Here "Tantra" is used for "rule" like "Raaj-tantra" for "Ruled by a King". Swatantra means Swa + Tantra ===> Self-ruled.

Agochar == A (Not) + gochar (which can be seen/perceived) ===> Who cannot be seen.

"Yoni" means female-organ from which a child takes birth. It also means "species" like "Manushya Yoni" meaning "human birth".

"Ayoni" means "unborn". It is not "Sambhava" but "Swayambhu" meaning "Who came into being on his own" (without a mother or father). "Ayonija" == A (Not) + Yoni (female reproductive organ) + Ja (born) ===> Not born through the female reproductive organ

OM
    Namaste Devotee Ji,

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Amrut View Post
    Namaste,

I think 'yoni' is also used as 'prakruti. In Gita lower Brahman is used as garbha, i.e. prakruti. So it is not always female organ, specially not when it is used in vedanta
    Namaste Amrut Ji,

What/Who is lower Brahman?

74:5 Two vessels, to hold the sacrificial libations, are placed at the Asvamedha before and behind the horse, the former made of gold, the latter made of silver. They are called Mahiman in the technical language of the ceremonial. The place in which these vessels are set, is called their yoni. Cf. Vâgas. Samhitâ XXIII, 2.

source

Explanation in BrihaddAraNyaka up. by Swmai Krishnananda of Divine Life Society.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/br...had_I-04a.html

Wonderful knowledge is presented and it is explained by symbolic interpretation.As it is a bit long I'm afraid I can't go through the whole commentary at the moment but whenever time permits I will study the Upanishad.Thank you Amrut Ji.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram11 View Post

Namaste Amrut Ji,

What/Who is lower Brahman?

Namaste Ram ji,

Lower Brahman:

http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.in...t-nirguna.html

Wonderful knowledge is presented and it is explained by symbolic interpretation.As it is a bit long I'm afraid I can't go through the whole commentary at the moment but whenever time permits I will study the Upanishad.Thank you Amrut Ji.

If you have found the jist, you can skip the article

OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Thread Information