Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mantra Yoga/Japa

Re: Mantra Yoga/Japa

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    When you say speculations, are they accurate speculative commentaries, or completely speculative in nature?
    Namaste,

I can't pass a comment of further evaluation since I am not of their school(s). You would have to consult those that are of the Vedanta. And, I presume since those of the Vedanta belong to diverse schools of thought, you may receive diverse answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

I can't pass a comment of further evaluation since I am not of their school(s). You would have to consult those that are of the Vedanta. And, I presume since those of the Vedanta belong to diverse schools of thought, you may receive diverse answers.
    So what is your opinion on the Upanishads & what school do you follow (if you don't mind sharing)
    also, are you aware of any good sources with in depth information about mantra yoga.

So what is your opinion on the Upanishads & what school do you follow (if you don't mind sharing)
    also, are you aware of any good sources with in depth information about mantra yoga.
    Namaste,

The Upanishad-s, along with the Veda-s, are not supposed to be scriptures, in the written sense. They are orally transmitted revelations transmitted from early ancient times, later codified into writing - which, unfortunately, stripped these mediums of knowledge of their inert right of being taught from revered Guru-s themselves. The Upanishad-s are brilliant philosophical speculations of sophisticated nature.

I follow the Kalpa aspect (ritual) of the Vedanga, under the Shakalya recension, concentrating on the theology of the yajna - more specifically on why the yajna is conducted.

And, I wish I had references for the sources you seek on mantra yoga. I hope someone who is well familiar with the subject can assist you in providing them.

EDIT: You may find the following interesting: http://www.mantra-yoga.com.

Namaste,

The Upanishad-s, along with the Veda-s, are not supposed to be scriptures, in the written sense. They are orally transmitted revelations transmitted from early ancient times, later codified into writing - which, unfortunately, stripped these mediums of knowledge of their inert right of being taught from revered Guru-s themselves. The Upanishad-s are brilliant philosophical speculations of sophisticated nature.

I follow the Kalpa aspect (ritual) of the Vedanga, under the Shakalya recension, concentrating on the theology of the yajna - more specifically on why the yajna is conducted.

And, I wish I had references for the sources you seek on mantra yoga. I hope someone who is well familiar with the subject can assist you in providing them.

EDIT: You may find the following interesting: http://www.mantra-yoga.com.
    Namaste.

Yes, I've read about that oral tradition and also how the Brahmin-s and Kshatriya-s alike use to discuss and debate on philosophy & so forth.
    That is very interesting. My mind has been refreshed regarding the concept of Yajna, from my recent re-reading of Mahabharata.

I know very little about it though. I've only experienced it 2-4 times in my childhood. & once 3-4 years ago when we moved house. (House warming pooja I suppose). With the sacrifical fire and so forth.
    What is your attitude towards liberation? For example a Shaivite may want to merge with Shiva, or like my late grandad who was by all accounts a very strict disciplinirian and aimed for liberation through selfless and righteous action. Karma Yoga I suppose) He wasn't interested in temples or pooja in the slightest.
    That would be interesting to know. Thanks.

Sweet, thanks for the link! Will check it out now!

Namaste
    Perhaps, you meant to order it in the opposite sense. The "potency" isn't in the Upanishads. The potency of mantra-s are in the Veda-s.
    You're right Sudas.
    It is said that the verses of the Upanishads are just verses, while the verses of the Vedas are the mantras.

regards

What is your attitude towards liberation?
    Namaste.

@Sudas

No need to reply anymore, I researched Yajna. Thanks.

Thread Information