Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What of Radha?

What of Radha?

Sorry members, but more questions.
    I don't understand Radha - what does she represent? Is she real as is Krishna?

Re: What of Radha?

Quote Originally Posted by c.smith View Post
    Hi C.Smith
    To my limited knowledge, and this may not be pure ISKON. Radha is Krisha, defined as His hladini or bliss potency, resulting from his Sakti or creative power. She is the realisation of his own bliss, serving Him selflessly. In this case she represents the ultimate goal of selfless servant, who becomes one with Krishna through the love and bliss of Krishna. She represents Krishna’s love, eternally united with him.

Sorry members, but more questions.
    if U revrse radha it becomes "dha ra"=dhara now dhara in hindi/sanskrit means flow.
    thus radha is reverse flow of indriyas i.e from flowing outwards from worldy attraction to back in the self.
    there is one more meaning -when kundalini energy begins to flow upwards(radha) from base of spine (mooladhar) to sahsrar(crown) only thwm u will find krishna(atma)

Hari Om!

DhyandevJi,

Thank-you for this generous and sincere reply. Had never thought of such, especially in a meditative sense. Is it then that the senses are purified by Radha as they are returned? Or is my understanding incorrect altogether?

Your continued guidance is appreciated.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

Is it then that the senses are purified by Radha as they are returned? Or is my understanding incorrect altogether?
    There is no question of senses being purified.Radha is an indicative (cryptic) term which means that if the sadhak wants to experience krishna, radha has to be there.wherever there is radha there is krishna.
    Now coming to the sookshma(I donot know the exact english translation,i think it means transcedental /spiritual plane ) meaning it means that when the senses which are flowing outward to world "dhara".start flowing back(radha) into the inner Self i.e. from where the senses originate ,the sadhak's mind becomes free from all disturbances(because the senses are at rest) & he experiences complete peace of mind & soul.he becomes one with his soul .
    तद्विद्धि प्रणिपातेन परिप्रश्नेन सेवया ।
    उपदेक्ष्यन्ति ते ज्ञानं ज्ञानिनस्तत्वदर्शिनः ॥

उस ज्ञान को तू तत्वदर्शी ज्ञानियों के पास जाकर समझ, उनको भलीभाँति दण्डवत्* प्रणाम करने से, उनकी सेवा करने से और कपट छोड़कर सरलतापूर्वक प्रश्न करने से वे परमात्म तत्व को भलीभाँति जानने वाले ज्ञानी महात्मा तुझे उस तत्वज्ञान का उपदेश करेंगे. श्रीमद्*भगवद्*गीता-4.34

Hari Om!

Nice, clear explanation. I value your input.

Many thanks and do share more if you will.

Jai Jai Hanuman!

Honestly I want to be very humble in my reply. I know I may have already made some comment in this regard in the past, but since the question is asked it is probably fair to be open with a response even though I may be revisiting some previous qualification of this interesting subject.

Radha - Krishna. Muruga - Valli. In particular, these specific Holy Personalities are about a very purposeful and elevated Lila, play. Yes, I have have been taught about hladini, and all is so true. But what seems to be the real question here is not What but Why.

My understanding of why, is Love. Love takes two. In these two examples, there is the Highest and holy examples of the Lord and the creation of Love. Radha and Valli are the very form of Love, they are the other half which makes Love an existing, and in this case, Divine presence.

Why Radha? Why Valli?

Because love takes two. Only in this case it is Divine Love.

And Why Love? For what purpose?

Because passing into and through this Divine Love, is one way you can obtain liberation. With clear mind and soul, Mother Ganga and Her water can bring you liberation. And there are other examples, for this is the Way of Deva. And so it is with this Divine Love. It is your choice, if you like to try.

Om Namah Shivaya

Hare KRshNa, Shiva Fan

That was truly humble and humility is a beautiful ornament.

However, the explanation "Why Radha? Because it takes 2 to love" does not convince me, and this very humility by devotees does not always remove people's confusion about Radha. Here's why:

Traditionally,
    There is Radha
    There is Krishna
    There is devotee

So that makes three! not two
    The devotee is kabab me haddi in that case unless trying to bring the two together.

So i throw all relevant philosophical interpretation (especially if it enforces ONE)
    as well as theological explanation (because it enforces THREE OR MORE)
    out of the window.
    Because you can't seperate devotee from my KAhn even by a nanometer by putting a philosophy, agent or catalyst between them,
    even if you call Her Radha.

See, when Beloved is KRshNa devotee is Radha, and when out of guilt this KRshNa-only-inclined devotee tries to worship Radha, She forces them to be Her Beloved, if you know Who that is - she has only ONE Beloved. If i try to go against that She makes sure i slip back into being Her Beloved.
    So it is certainly not Radha-KRshNa and me.

At the same time you cannot impose the "one and only AtmA, no-seer-seen ..." stuff on me

I secretly stash away freshly churned maakhan for Him in the form of all actions & thoughts, personal & professional.
    People think i am crazy because all i do is smile and make maakhan. As KRshNa approaches my smile widens.

When He is the child i am Mamma. There is no third person called Yashoda (who is supposed to be partial HlAdini, and an expansion of Radha).
    Oh is this Divine Child adorable! Please don't get me started.
    End of story.

Most devotees want to (or rather are taught to) bring Radha and KRshNa together as a third person, at least outwardly. I cannot relate to this. He did not walk up to me holding someone else's hand.

Nor can i be a seperate person seperating Radha from Her KRshNa because that would be seperating KRshNa from His Love and i could never ever be concerned for KRshNa and not for Radha.

Hari Om Namo NArAyaNAya~
    Om Namo NArAyaNAya,
    Hari Om Namo NArAyaNAya~
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Hi smaranam,

Welcome back.

Thanks Wundermonk
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information