Thread: Ancient India and Atomic warfare

Ancient India and Atomic warfare

Namaste,

I have created a playlist on Youtube, which contains videos related to Ancient India here.

Please note that it contains one video about Jesus lived in India. I hope that dos not offend anyone. I do not want to make separate list for HDF, as it will make managing many lists difficult.

If you have any related articles, please let me know and I will add them to my list.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Re: Ancient India and Atomic warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Indiaspirituality Amrut View Post
    Namaste,

I have created a playlist on Youtube, which contains videos related to Ancient India here.

Please note that it contains one video about Jesus lived in India. I hope that dos not offend anyone. I do not want to make separate list for HDF, as it will make managing many lists difficult.

If you have any related articles, please let me know and I will add them to my list.

Hari OM
    Greetings Amrut,

Most of the videos in your playlist are from ancient aliens and Graham Hancock.I am a bit skeptical about them.

Anyway here is something interesting that i found out.This is about possible reference to electricity in the Atharva Veda.For this i'm citing AV sloka 8.1.11:

In Samskrtam:

rákṣantu tvāgnáyo yé apsv àntā́ rákṣatu tvā manuṣyā̀ yám indháte /
    vaiśvānaró rakṣatu jātávedā divyás tvā mā́ prá dhāg vidyútā sahá //

Griffith's trans:

Thy guardians be the Fires within the Waters, thy guardian be
    the Fire which men enkindle.
    Thy guardian be Vaisvānara Jātavedas; let not celestial Fire with
    lightning burn thee.

Notice the occurrence of the word "vaidyuta" in this shloka.Griffith translates this word as "lightning" but i highly suspect this because even in my first language(which is a Dravidian language) vaidyuta means electricity!

Also,this hymn is praising Agni Deva.As said in another thread,he not only represents just an ordinary fire,but symbolizes energy as well.We know that electricity is a form of energy.

I suppose Sanskritists on HDF can clarify what vaidyuta means
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Namaste,

I think I have mixed them. I should have separated AA and scientific research . Sorry my bad

Hari OM

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Namaste,

I think I have mixed them. I should have separated AA and scientific research . Sorry my bad

Hari OM
    There is difference between ancient aliens and ancient India . I think there are no videos of ancient aliens in the link I posted. The series was aired by History 18 TV in India.

Hari OM

There is difference between ancient aliens and ancient India . I think there are no videos of ancient aliens in the link I posted. The series was aired by History 18 TV in India.

Hari OM
    AA is aired in `History channel The video about sunken city is from AA
    "Only one is the fire,which is inflamed in numerous ways.Only one is the sun, which pervades the whole universe.Only one is the dawn,which illuminates all things. Similarly,all that exists is The One and it has manifested into everything here.”

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post
    AA is aired in `History channel The video about sunken city is from AA
    ok ok

If you have any links about ancient India, please do let me know. I will add them to my playlist

Hari OM

ok ok

If you have any links about ancient India, please do let me know. I will add them to my playlist

Hari OM
    Well.i only have lectures like these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyN0zs_tBRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmogKGCmclE

I don't use YT that much anymore

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aryavartian View Post
    Notice the occurrence of the word "vaidyuta" in this shloka.Griffith translates this word as "lightning" but i highly suspect this because even in my first language(which is a Dravidian language) vaidyuta means electricity!

Also,this hymn is praising Agni Deva.As said in another thread,he not only represents just an ordinary fire,but symbolizes energy as well.We know that electricity is a form of energy.

I suppose Sanskritists on HDF can clarify what vaidyuta means
    विद्युता (vidyutA, the word used above) is the strIlai~Ngika, tR^itIyA vibhakti form of the prAtipadika vidyut (which usually refers to lightning, but could in general refer to anything that flashes). वैद्युत (vaidyuta) is the adjectival form of the same prAtipadika ("vidyut") and refers to something which relates to flashes, power, or lightning (i.e. something which is electric/electrical or very bright). The two words are related to each other but don't mean the same thing. Just for fun, I think I can guess what language you speak. Judging from what you said, I assume your native language is either telugu (based on వైద్యుత/vaidyuta) or mAlayAlam (based on വൈദ്യുതി/vaidyutI). In tamizh, electricity is min shakti (மின் சக்தி), among other words, and in kannaDa, electricity is ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ (vidyucChakti). However, I remember you said you were a nAgavaMshI elsewhere and most of them are more common near the southern tip of bhArat (including kerala); therefore, from the above info, you probably speak mAlayAlam (if not mAlayAlam, then probably telugu). Am I right?
    படைபோர் புக்கு முழங்கும்அப் பாஞ்சசன்னியமும் பல்லாண்டே
    May your pA~nchajanya shankha which reverberates on the battlefield, last thousands upon thousands of years...
    http://archives.mirroroftomorrow.org...anchajanya.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaskaran Singh View Post

विद्युता (vidyutA, the word used above) is the strIlai~Ngika, tR^itIyA vibhakti form of the prAtipadika vidyut (which usually refers to lightning, but could in general refer to anything that flashes). वैद्युत (vaidyuta) is the adjectival form of the same prAtipadika ("vidyut") and refers to something which relates to flashes, power, or lightning (i.e. something which is electric/electrical or very bright). The two words are related to each other but don't mean the same thing. Just for fun, I think I can guess what language you speak. Judging from what you said, I assume your native language is either telugu (based on వైద్యుత/vaidyuta) or mAlayAlam (based on വൈദ്യുതി/vaidyutI). In tamizh, electricity is min shakti (மின் சக்தி), among other words, and in kannaDa, electricity is ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ (vidyucChakti). However, I remember you said you were a nAgavaMshI elsewhere and most of them are more common near the southern tip of bhArat (including kerala); therefore, from the above info, you probably speak mAlayAlam (if not mAlayAlam, then probably telugu). Am I right?

Haha,yes brother Jaskaran,i'm from Cheralaputra as mentioned by Ashoka

And thanks for clarifying the word vaidyuti,i think the Vedic Kavis had knowledge of electric energy.Also,it is been said in the Vedic texts that Agni even resides in waters,could this be a reference to hydro-energy/hydropower?

~ Rg Veda 8.58.2

Thread Information