Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Shuddhi event for Islam and Christianity

Mega Shuddhi event for Islam and Christianity

Aum,
    Satyen from Agniveer asked me to pass on this invitation to converts to Hinduism from Christianity and Islam:

http://agniveer.com/6087/shuddhi/

This is not a personal recommendation, I don't know enough about Agniveer or the event to comment, I am just passing on the link so that you can look yourselves.

Re: Mega Shuddhi event for Islam and Christianity

"All expenses for travel and stay from any part of the world for entire family shall be borne by Agniveer."

This post says all expense is covered by them?

This is a very sad thing because it is only 2 weeks away and very short notice. My husband just cash out end of year vacation last week.

Even at fastest it take 2 weeks for passport from U.S.

Since I am not xtian I suppose this wouldn't work for me anyway...so maybe if anyone attend they post here to speak of how it went?

Perhaps they have a date in future for unaffiliated ones coming to Dharma such as myself. It would be a life long dream fullfilled.

Vannakkam Naya: I think it's a nice idea you want to attend, but as far as I know its taking people back, those who were once forcefully converted away from Hinduism, and were born into Hinduism in this lifetime. A righting of a wrong.

Aum Namasivaya

Ohh it did not discriminate which is was speaking of...somewhere a few talked of having to get passports and visas, one for americans so I thought this sounded like people such as myself.

I found the post from them which made me think that way-

Agniveer recently posted
    "Shuddhi is merely a symbolic expression of acceptance of this pure noble thought that entire humanity is one single family and we love our family!
    Once again, warm welcome to Christians and Muslims of all religions of the world in this peace initiative!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Naya: I think it's a nice idea you want to attend, but as far as I know its taking people back, those who were once forcefully converted away from Hinduism, and were born into Hinduism in this lifetime. A righting of a wrong.

Aum Namasivaya
    Aum,
    I write more about it on my blog, but the invitation appears to be directed to Western converts as well as ex Hindus. Obviously anyone thinking of attending would have to check this. I too mentioned that many Westerners would not be able to attend at this time with this short notice, and he replied as follows:

. as a devotee of the ultimate reality, I am duty bound to apprise all and sundry about the event without any attachment to success or failure. Those, with their Hindu samskar gathered from their previous births, may be attracted to this event. though very few will be able to make it, most of them will come to know this activity and will see the rays of an earthen lamp if not of the Sun.
    In other words even those who cannot attend (me included) can benefit from knowing of this event.
    Aum Shivaya Namaha

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Aum,
    I write more about it on my blog, but the invitation appears to be directed to Western converts as well as ex Hindus. Obviously anyone thinking of attending would have to check this. I too mentioned that many Westerners would not be able to attend at this time with this short notice, and he replied as follows:

In other words even those who cannot attend (me included) can benefit from knowing of this event.
    Aum Shivaya Namaha
    Vannakkam Chris: I read your blog fairly regularly, and thanks for correcting me. We'll have to keep watching for it.

Then again, as myself others have mentioned and discussed here, it is possible to just go out and do it yourself, if you can find a priest that is willing. I would think they could reconvert at least 50 (probably many many more) Indian Hindus or tribals for the cost of one westerner. So looking at the money aspect as a group, it would be cheaper to just do it yourself.

Aum Namasivaya

The Shuddhi movement/idea is a fantastic one, IMO.

It is bound to get some reaction from the "pseudo"-secular folks in the government in India. We will have to wait and watch.

Agniveer does follow the Arya-Samajic interpretation of Vedas and hence considers only the Vedas to be authentic. Dayanand Saraswati authored the Satyarth Prakash back in 1875. The Muslims found it too hot to handle and demanded a ban on its production [what else ]. An English version of Satyarth Prakash can be found here.

But the Agniveer movement has mobilised significant support since it began [around two years ago?] Many of his articles on Islam are penetratingly damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    it is possible to just go out and do it yourself, if you can find a priest that is willing. I would think they could reconvert at least 50 (probably many many more) Indian Hindus or tribals for the cost of one westerner. So looking at the money aspect as a group, it would be cheaper to just do it yourself.

Aum Namasivaya
    Aum,
    I thought the same myself. I am unable to go, but if I could I would try to pay my own way. It would not seem right to have travel and accommodation paid for by donations, a lot of which would come from people poorer than I am.

I was in a state of disbelief at the offer lastnight...today after reading all of agniveer's site I am in awe.

Money aside...I think it's the shelter which would be the most attractive that they provide for ones such as myself whom have never stepped foot off this ground...never even seen the ocean. One of the most daunting things about wanting to go...but being very afraid of doing so without connections upon the other side to greet us.

This sort of event provides just such connection. Just as when I take my child in kindergarten upon his zoo field trip, it is very structured with plenty chaperones...much less scary.

Oh and I never read your blog before C, and I very much like it!<3

Vannakkam: I wonder if they could do one in America, like in St. Louis, geographically central, so everybody who wanted to could attend ... a mass conversion. Import 10 priests for 10 days, rent the temple there, or a large hall, hire a few judges, set up some barriers for the inevitable protests ....

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information