Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soul's Inclination

Soul's Inclination

Om Tat Sat,

How do we identify ones Soul's passion from astrology. I just want to make it clear am not talking about Studies, Career or Profession here. Even though some one is a successfull engineer he may tend towards arts in life.

Can we identify this through Atmakaraka and Sun? How do we identify when one will realise his Souls Passion.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Krishna

Re: Soul's Inclination

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Om Tat Sat,

How do we identify ones Soul's passion from astrology. I just want to make it clear am not talking about Studies, Career or Profession here. Even though some one is a successfull engineer he may tend towards arts in life.

Can we identify this through Atmakaraka and Sun? How do we identify when one will realise his Souls Passion.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Krishna
    Atmkarak and venus, perhaps? Soul and desire (pursued with passion)? I am just toying with that idea that came to mind as I read your sharing. Haven't done any research etc from that angle?

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Namaste,

IMO it is Rahu which signifies ātmkāraka, and in this way is the single most important graha in any chart.

In such properties, Surya comes a distant, distant, second to Rahu.
    Other graha-s, to a still diminished extent, are: Buddha, Chandra, and Mangal (not necessarily in this order).

But such hair splitting is not required, and Rahu alone suffices.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

It is the ātmkāraka that has the final say...

And it is rāhu's ~business~ that keeps one attached to this earth.

iti śiva
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

I'd also just like to add this note... ātman (soul/Self) is without passion. It has no likes or dis-likes; it is stainless, infinite and breathless.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

iti śiva
    Yajvan ji,

I see it as a computer analogy, atmakaraka is the CPU, planets are the files on the hard disk. Venus is the file of desires of all kinds. Rahu as you rightly pointed out is the rest of the I/O (keyboard to monitor and all the paraphernalia in between), which when it gets activated keeps us attached and (obsessed with) the whole computer realm which can be the analogical representation of the visible, palpable universe! JUPITER is the virus, spyware checker which protects us from damage! Moon is the major RAM!

RR

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Namaste fellow Jotisa,

acchādana drṣṭi is the surly desire of the graha and not our own, that of surya as naisargika karaka of atma, giveing us the āpekṣika bala of the graha and their relative strengths, a fair indication of the mold into which we are cast; planets in 7th house from surya have 100% strength and fade progressively as they move round the zodiac to join surya, with 0% strength in full combustion; the acchādana drṣṭi of surya is thus his 7th house. Now if we consider 7th from surya in the navamsa, graha here show manifestation of the souls desires and play a significant role in the unfolding of our dharma.

Referance: BPHS varga viveka adhyāya śloka 28-29

Kind regards.
    8i8

Namaste,

... I'd also just like to add this note... ātman (soul/Self) is without passion. It has no likes or dis-likes; it is stainless, infinite and breathless.
    Is this not nārāyaṇa; can we compare ātman to nārāyaṇa? Is not paramātmā breathless it would somehow seem more fitting?
    The ātman as our super soul as a group seems to be very active in breathing through larger cycles.

Might not Jyotiṣ be, a business worthy of our attention? no matter how many lifetimes we require to complete our studies.

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Mana; 05 June 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    8i8

hari o
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Is this not nārāyaṇa; can we compare ātman to nārāyaṇa? Is not paramātmā breathless it would somehow seem more fitting?
    The ātman as our super soul as a group seems to be very active in breathing through larger cycles.

Might not Jyotiṣ be, a business worthy of our attention? no matter how many lifetimes we require to complete our studies.

Kind regards.
    The notion of ~ super soul~ suggests there is something that is sub-super. And the ~ super soul~ as a group suggests there are 'parts' that come together that form a group.

While these ideas may be fine to convey some point it does not suggest how the infinite is portrayed by the wise i.e. that of wholeness , and hence no sub or no parts.

And the notion of nārāyaṇa. The answer to your question comes from dissecting nārāyaṇa : nāra + āyaṇa (or ayana )
    -or- nā +ra (from rā ) +ayaṇa.

iti śivaṁ
    Last edited by yajvan; 05 June 2014 at 04:41 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste fellow Jotisa,

acchādana drṣṭi is the surly desire of the graha and not our own, that of surya as naisargika karaka of atma, giveing us the āpekṣika bala of the graha and their relative strengths, a fair indication of the mold into which we are cast; planets in 7th house from surya have 100% strength and fade progressively as they move round the zodiac to join surya, with 0% strength in full combustion; the acchādana drṣṭi of surya is thus his 7th house. Now if we consider 7th from surya in the navamsa, graha here show manifestation of the souls desires and play a significant role in the unfolding of our dharma.

Referance: BPHS varga viveka adhyāya śloka 28-29

Kind regards.

Mana ji,

In both the BPHS versions (there are about half a dozen of those if not more!) I have the above-cited slokas are in the context of vimshopaka bala and I could not find any mention of 'acchādana drṣṭi' term there (or neighbouring slokas in both versions!), so am wondering if the versions in my mortal possession are lacking something. Which version of BPHS are you citing from? Also, both interpret it, rightly, as phala or fruit and not desire! Desires do not get fulfilled always as we all know, whereas some *fruits* just land in our lap even without desiring even though they are truly delicious to eat, but never really desired! So, how is this being equated with "soul's desire' is getting a bit difficult to understand!

Please do elaborate and enlighten us, Mana ji!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information