Thread: Jamai Shrusti

Jamai Shrusti

Namaste,

'Jamai Shrusti' is a celebration in which the mother-in-law basically does an 'aarti' for and showers her adoration on the son-in-law. It is probably only a local Bengali marriage anniversary tradition, not celebrated elsewhere in India.

ShivaFan, have you been treated to this ritual on any of your marriage anniversaries?

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywoo...fans-big-b.htm

Pranam.

PS, could not find a literal meaning of 'Jamai Shrusti', but Jamai=son-in-law and I think, Shrusti(in Bengali)=Shristi(in Devnagari)=Universe.
    Last edited by Believer; 06 June 2014 at 08:58 AM.

Re: Jamai Shrusti

Namaste Believer

Actually in the past she has given me like gifts and waved jyoti at me, but to tell the truth of late, no actually she did not, nor do I deserve such. She happens to be in Canada right now, not that this is good but perhaps sparing me from further punishment because very recently I let my anger at my daughter over a minor thing cause me to throw some bangles at my daughter.

Everyone knows, and I only deserve punishment.

If my beloved Mother In Law had been here, I would have really, really been taking punishment. But she is coming later this summer. Also relative from Australia is coming in 10 days.

Om Namah Sivaya

Re: Jamai Shrusti

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    Everyone knows, and I only deserve punishment.
    I am going to send some wet noodles to your mother in law, to punish you with. .

Pranam.

Thread Information